Steals at #15 OV spot.

hedgehog337

I already did a good job with writing a 1000 word article, and now I gotta do another small one? damn it.

Let's once again talk about steals. The steals at #15 OV in particular. Not many of you know or recall that Stromberg isn't a first steal draftee who was drafted at that spot. Let's go back to a S54 draft. Before that, I gave up a #4 OV for three personal awards and it lookied like the rebuild process would be longer than it was expected. I had only one second left and some potential steals left. Fast forward, the teams chose their players and then it was my turn to make a pick. I was lowkey interested to pick this player, but wasn't sure if the other teams hadn't the same plans. As it turned out, they didn't and I took Slava Aleksei at #15, the player who signed to a bottom feeder Bratislava team. The rest is a history - some players who went before him either went inactive soon (Snow and Rowe) or retired too soon (Fujimoto). Then we won two championships and one of reasons was his willing to change his position to a def.

My steals at #15 OV:

S54: RW/D - Slava Aleksei @Tyler

S61: D - Jesper Stromberg @Tim

Is there gonna be a third steal at the same spot? Stay tuned.

2 TPE goes to Centis.

Stromberg is risky right now.. He's gone inactive before.. though, for now, seems like a steal. I wish him luck, but being realistic. I'm sure he understands. You can't really call him a steal until he turns out good/great.

For Aleski.. I mean, 677 TPE isn't bad for 15th OV. But that was a very deep draft... COL and CGY fucked up by taking Rowe and Snow and other than that making him a Steal.. he fit in with how the rest of the draft went.. Pretty much every player infront of him deserved to be in front TPE wise. 

But yeah, at 15th overall, to have a player available for such a limited valued picks is good. Thank deep drafts. 

You want to talk about steals, look at 17th there. Maybe 5 or so guys worth mentioning before that, and then with my first pick in a draft where I'd traded away my 1st/2nd rounders, I pull a future commish, GM, simmer, etc.

Then again, it helps when 13 of the 16 picks prior to that were picked by Edgar, Spangle, and Meg.

Edited by diamond_ace

I have a hard time calling Stromberg a steal, but only because it only happened through error. He wasn't on the draft list, and most of the GMs besides what seemed like you and myself knew he was eligible. Unfortunately for me, you picked right above me and snagged him before I could. :lol: