Dan Montgomery Presser

The struggling rookie center for the Yukon Rush on the transition to the VHL, playing on a successful team without much personal success, and how watching John Tavares be a snake has impacted his outlook on hockey. 

@BarzalGoat

1. Thoughts on the league so far?

2. Thoughts on your play so far?

3. Comparing to an NHL player, who are you making your VHL player similar too? (Barzal???? ? ) 

4. Does your player have any superstitions? 

5. Any specific teams you'd like to play for in the VHL? 

+1 Smirnov

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

@BarzalGoat

1. Thoughts on the league so far?

2. Thoughts on your play so far?

3. Comparing to an NHL player, who are you making your VHL player similar too? (Barzal???? ? ) 

4. Does your player have any superstitions? 

5. Any specific teams you'd like to play for in the VHL? 

+1 Smirnov

1. So far I have to say I'm impressed by the way the VHL is run. The commish gets greeted with smiles instead of boo's, which is a nice change of pace @GaryBettman. It's honestly a lot tougher to gain traction and become a better player than I thought, which is actually kind of nice. I think if I keep hitting the practice facility and earning TPE I'll be able to make my way to the top in due time.

2. Honestly I'm a little angry with how I've been performing so far. Watching the Yukon Rush first line go out there and dominate night after night without being able to contribute to team success gets frustrating. I'd personally like to see some improvement from our third and fourth liners, but for now I guess we're just doing our jobs keeping the games close.

3. You caught me red handed, I'm definitely aiming to make my VHL player similar to Barzal. The way he skates up with the puck so dominantly, and mostly facilitates such gorgeous goals, who wouldn't wanna be like Mat! Of course I have a long way to go, gotta get stronger, faster, better passer, maybe a sneaky good backhand shot? He definitely didn't have a 12 point TPE cap a week, that's all I'm saying.

4. My player likes to eat and orange before every game. Weird superstition, but you can't break some habits you've been doing for a while. Started out as a way to find a superstition, and became a regular thing.

5. I would like to play for any team in the VHL that appreciates the determination I put it. Whether that be a team which has found longterm success for a while, or a team that is just starting to make its way to the top. I value my commitment to a team more than some snakes in the NHL might, but that commitment goes two ways. That's what I'm looking for in a VHL team.  

1. Do you or have you ever played organized hockey at any level in the real world?

2. What needs the most work right now in your game, and what style of player do you consider yourself?

3. Would you prefer to play on a more offensive team or defensive?

4. What's your favorite position in shinny and why?

5. Any personal goals you hope to accomplish with your player?

51 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

1. Do you or have you ever played organized hockey at any level in the real world?

2. What needs the most work right now in your game, and what style of player do you consider yourself?

3. Would you prefer to play on a more offensive team or defensive?

4. What's your favorite position in shinny and why?

5. Any personal goals you hope to accomplish with your player?

1. Unfortunately I'm pretty clumsy on skates so I've never played ice or roller. But I was the self-appointed "enforcer" for my fraternity's beer league floor hockey team recently, and was the reason that teams had to be told they couldn't jaw out the refs after a hit.

2. I'd say my player needs to work on getting pucks on net, and completing good passes. It looks like I'm winning a fair amount of face offs, holding on to the puck when I'm hit, but a few too many passes of mine are getting intercepted for my liking. 

3. As an 2-way forward who's on such a successful offensive team's penalty kill, I'd definitely say offensive team. It gives me more of a niche when I'm not scoring (like right now) so that I can at least keep the other team's power play at bay. 

4. I liked playing Winger because it always gave me good opportunities to let my friends score, and also to check players from the other team into the boards. I wasn't really good enough to play defense, so it was a nice fit. Also, I had to look up what shinny was, it's pickup hockey, right?

5. I hope to win the VHL equivalent of best 2-way forward one day, although I don't think that'll be too soon. It's a pretty accomplishable goal in my opinion, as most forwards seem to aim for scoring, not defense. 

1. Comments or feelings on the Yukon Rush vs Oslo Storm rivalry? Still fairly early on the process, but with bit more trash talking and controversial events on the ice - I think we could have something?

2. Could you ever leave a team as a free agent?

3. Where do you stand on fighting in hockey? Is it something you think is needed or great that it´s slowly going away ?

4. Any teams in VHL that are your early favorites to play in?

5. What is your go to move on the shootout?

1.) How has watching John Tavares be a snake impacted your outlook on hockey?

2.) What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

3.) I know you haven't been here that long yet, but if you could make one change to the VHL, what would it be?

4.) Why did you pick the Rush?

5.) Out of the VHL and VHLM teams, which team name/logo design do you think is the best?

@BarzalGoat

3 hours ago, Fire Hakstol said:

1.) How has watching John Tavares be a snake impacted your outlook on hockey?

2.) What is your favorite part of the VHL so far?

3.) I know you haven't been here that long yet, but if you could make one change to the VHL, what would it be?

4.) Why did you pick the Rush?

5.) Out of the VHL and VHLM teams, which team name/logo design do you think is the best?

@BarzalGoat

1. It showed me that no matter how many times a player says "don't trade me" or that they want to be with a franchise forever, they could be a lying snake. You really need to develop and build trust with not only your teammates, but with fans of the team, which he should lose all of. It's important to be a human, not just a hockey playing robot who takes advantage of loyal supporters.

2. So far I enjoy the checking of the simulation results as my favorite part, as well as writing some of this stuff. I remember when I scored my first goal I had a little mini celebration before continuing to scroll, which was neat.

3. I would try to make the joining process a little more streamlined and easy to figure out. Took me a little longer than I'd like to admit to get the ball rolling on creating my player.

4. I picked the Rush because they were the first to offer me a contract. I value that, and want to be able to provide for them, even if I'm getting paid below market value. I want to take this team to the top, and we're halfway there.

5. As a team name, I like the Las Vegas Aces, it sounds cool, and makes sense. Would love to see some aces while i'm in vegas. For logo, I like the NY Americans, simple, gets the job done, looks great.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:59 AM, jRuutu said:

1. Comments or feelings on the Yukon Rush vs Oslo Storm rivalry? Still fairly early on the process, but with bit more trash talking and controversial events on the ice - I think we could have something?

2. Could you ever leave a team as a free agent?

3. Where do you stand on fighting in hockey? Is it something you think is needed or great that it´s slowly going away ?

4. Any teams in VHL that are your early favorites to play in?

5. What is your go to move on the shootout?

1. Look, it's not really a rivalry if you guys don't win. No to be honest I'm not too well versed in the VHLM history, but if there's a rivalry I'll be there playing hard, making the Rush name proud.

2. I could leave a team as a free agent if I feel like they don't appreciate my talents. If I'm playing 3rd line center minutes and I'm a 1st line center talent,  I could consider leaving for more money. The way in which I would handle the free agency process would be much better than some snakes, and I wouldn't tell a team I was staying if I could leave.

3. I love fighting in hockey, and think it's important for momentum. If you think I won't be cheering at the top of my lungs for Matt Martin or Ross Johnston to kick Tom Wilson's ass, you're wrong. Fighting is essential for momentum, and a great part of the game. Dan Montgomery however, doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

4. Hmm the cocky answer for this is whichever team has the first pick. But honestly, I want to play for a team who's willing to take a chance on me early and draft me. I'll switch to winger if needed, or center if needed, but I want to be on a winning team.

5. My go to move on the shootout is (as a righty) skate down the right side fake the stick left and bring it back around right. Pretty solid move, works really really well in chel. 

@BarzalGoat

1.) Do you see yourself become a more physical player in the future or are you focused more on racking up points?

2.) What has been the key to Yukon's success this season?

3.) If you could fight one player on another team, who do you got?

4.) Which of your teammates do you never want to see outside of the hockey rink?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2018 at 1:24 AM, omgitshim said:

@BarzalGoat

1.) Do you see yourself become a more physical player in the future or are you focused more on racking up points?

2.) What has been the key to Yukon's success this season?

3.) If you could fight one player on another team, who do you got?

4.) Which of your teammates do you never want to see outside of the hockey rink?

1. I don't see myself becoming anything in terms of a physical juggernaut, but if I may start trying to block more shots/deliver more hits. A good way to earn your spot on a team is becoming both offensively and defensively gifted, so why not!

2. The key to Yukon's success? We have the best players, and the most active 2nd tier players in the league. Sure we have a bunch of players who have hit the TPE cap already, but we also have active players who haven't hit the TPE cap, and continue making their players better.

3. @Reives because he's the AGM of the Rush, so we need to make sure he's committed to us, not his player's team. Got to set him straight lol

4. Assuming you mean see outside in a fight..... Easy one here, Billy Pilgrim. That dude is gigantic, and gets in fights alllllll the time. On top of that he's one of the best defensemen in the league, so why fight him?

1.  Which Spice girl do you most closely identify with?

2. Peanut butter OR Jelly?

3.What is your favorite color?

4. If you could only listen to one classical composer for the rest of your life, who would it be?

5. If you could start a team from scratch, where would it be, what would you call it, what would the team colors be, and why?

Edited by Spade18