Predicting the US Junior's Roster...

BarzalGoat

Well howdy folks! This week's article is more of a #hype article for me, being one of the token minority Americans, getting to prepare to crush your (probably) Canadian dreams of winning the Juniors! I'm making the roster based on the 350-cap, and first 3 seasons of VHL eligibility. So without further ado, let's go over the lines, then I might do a player break down or two to make the word count ;) .

Forwards:

Marvin Harding (338 Meute) - Dan Montgomery (231 Titans) - Lavar Ball (318 Reign)

Jose Gonzalez (91 Aces) - Derrick Lacroix (30 Wild) - Bryce Zhields (281 Meute)

Defense:

Shawn Glade (189 21sts) - Chat (90 R/FA)

So you might notice that this team is (very) shallow in depth, even though it has 4 very capable forwards. In fact, we had to bring Chat out of retirement just to have 1 line of defense (yikes). What I will say, is that this could be lending itself well to another miracle on ice (lol suck it you'll never have that one Canada), so we'll just have to wait and see. I do like how one of our forwards (Zhields) is in his last season of eligibility, while pairing with a Center (Lacroix) who is literally inactive and never collected a single TPE. That and how we have to let Shawn Glade be the star defenseman. like this is some Yukon Rush playoffs BS. Anyway, maybe we can make a rule saying 1/2 of the team has to be VHLM, just to give these poor Americans a shot at winning. 

9 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Yes, but he is still finishing the season with us. @BarzalGoat

Though that would make him a retired player when the WJC drops, I guess.

Aight, I'm out.

I don't know what the rule is these days, but in the past retirees would be eligible for the WC in the season following their retirement

Just now, Hybrid1486 said:

I don't know what the rule is these days, but in the past retirees would be eligible for the WC in the season following their retirement 

That was actually just players who didn't actually post their retirement before the off-season. Or maybe even anyone who didn't re-create before the off-season.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, street said:

That was actually just players who didn't actually post their retirement before the off-season. Or maybe even anyone who didn't re-create before the off-season.

Although the recent World Cup didn't follow that rule so who knows.