Best teams to never win a cup [1/2]

Victor

27 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’ve long since stopped trying to understand how STHS functions. There are so many times where it just sorta decides to flip it’s usual logic on its end and do things that make no sense.

It also has an insane ability of taking 2 players with nearly identical builds and making 1 mediocre and the other a legend. I think that mostly comes down to luck of the draw for just that perfect combination of teammates but it’s odd how it always seems to work out for certain guys. @STZ for example only produces legends somehow. Zhields I’m sure would have been had he stuck around.

I agree with that last point. Max was never "better" on paper than anyone in his era and he always performed really well. 

42 minutes ago, Victor said:

Also I saw @Hybrid1486 looking in this thread and was reminded of another honourable mention: S19-S20 Riga. Didn't win a Victory Cup and didn't think of them either.

S20 particularly they had an insane offense and actually got stopped by superior goalie and defence. One of the few times STHS decides to switch things up haha @Beketov

That's exactly what I was looking for. Still portal-worthy anyway.

On 8/29/2018 at 8:57 AM, Beketov said:

Also @Molholt would have been insufferable :P

It would have been so, so much fun, even though I was retired by #4.

But yeah, happy to have been the spoiler for #1 and #4 on the list. What bad playoff luck I had with my first player has been more than counterbalanced with the last two.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

It would have been so, so much fun, even though I was retired by #4.

But yeah, happy to have been the spoiler for #1 and #4 on the list. What bad playoff luck I had with my first player has been more than counterbalanced with the last two.

You just don't like Quebec.

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Best teams to never win a cup [1/2]
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Admin
On 4/1/2019 at 7:48 AM, Matt_O said:

What about S22 Toronto? They had 126 points, 27 more than second place Helsinki, and lost in the finals

Very late response to your very late post - this MS was focused on teams that failed to win a cup at all like for instance S63-S65 Seattle, not S64 or S65 Riga who won in S63.

Hence Toronto didn’t qualify as they won in S21.