Americans look to next year

oilmandan

Mercifully the New York Americans season is just about to wrap up. The rebuilding club had trouble finding any traction early in the season and struggled after playing 11 of its first 13 games against the contending Seattle Bears.

While the expectations had been low to begin with, there were several bright spots to talk about.

In goal Ismond Kingfisher proved to be a reliable backstop, many nights facing 60+ shots a game. His job was insecure a few times during the year as NYA G was real solid as well, and looked like he may push Kingfisher for the starters job.

Rookie defenseman and captain Joseph McWolf is quickly becoming one of the best young players in the VHL. He even was voted into his first all star game.

Another rookie headed to this weekend's all star game is Roctrion King. He's also had a great year offensively, even though like all his teammates, his plus minus is struggling.

Center Scott Shawinganen is the surprising leading scorer on the team at this point, although it could be close between King and himself. Overall talentwise, he isn't quite where his linemates are but he's played very well all things considered.

Rookie winger Dan Wilinsky has been hot garbage in his freshman campaign. There was high hopes for one of the leading VHLM scorers last year. He leads the active players in the race for the teams green jacket and even though he has had two hat tricks, he has gone through numerous cold streaks. It's been rumored he has contemplated retirement if he doesn't out point defensive defenseman McWolf.

Next season will be one of more hope, with the Amerks loaded with early draft choices. They hope to stock their roster with another solid group of rookies

@McWolf @Spade18 @Romaris @Cornflakers @NYAG ?

Edited by oilmandan

7 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Wilinsky don't be a quitter and retire! I even wrote a piece on you in my last MS praising your potential.

Haha I'm not actually going to retire. Just making things interesting. NYA is gonna be a scary good team one day and I cant wait for it

Edited by oilmandan