Houston Bulls - Highlighting the Centers [1/2]

Kirby

It’s common knowledge now that the Houston Bulls have officially arrived on the VHLM scene. Coach @Sonnet has made his picks, got his players, chose his emblem, kits, and even chose their entrance song. Some critics are saying that expectations should be “realistic” for the latest expansion team. Others, such as new fans, are extremely optimistic about the teams chances this year and beyond.

Today we will be breaking down the players in the team that are predominantly Center’s, and how they may be used going forward. Coach Sonnet has already gone on record to state that he wants his players to be flexible when it comes to positions, so this article may be accurate or completely off the mark. I guess we’ll have to wait until game one to know for sure!

Victor Kozlov @Kuch9

What more can be said about this guy than he is an absolute beast on the ice. Primarily an enforcer, don’t sleep on Kozlov as a playmaker. Also one of the captains of the team, his valuable experience will be important for this young, inexperienced expansion side.

He is without doubt the top ranked Center in the team and his team mates will be looking to lean on him hard, especially early in the season. Though he may not end up leading the side in scoring come the end of the season, one thing is for sure, Kozlov is the big name player of this team. He is the the guy right now and until the rest of his team mates catch up to his level he will remain the guy.

Maximilian Kirbsson @Kirby

The young Swede has done lots of talking to the media prior to the season, and he’s going to be a big focus for the Bulls this upcoming season. Also one of the three captains, Coach Sonnet already seems to be putting a lot of faith in the playmaker.

Primarily a playmaker, he has great puck handling skills and has stated this off season that his scoring and defense is now pretty much up their with the rest of his game. It’ll be interesting to see if he gets the chance to line up with Kozlov (perhaps on the wing with Kozlov bashing through the middle). If not then we will likely see Kirbsson head up the fire power in the second line behind Kozlov.

Rhys Chism @Jake Levine

Signed following the draft, Chism is an interesting prospect. He’s quite green, but he’s shown some real hunger so far and his progress already is pleasing on the eye.

There isn’t too much film of him yet but we are hearing from the Bulls camp that Chism has one heck of a shot on him. That leads us to believe he is primarily a scorer but undoubtedly the biggest X Factor he has in his favour is that he is very much an unknown entity. Opponents won’t have much of an idea to gameplan against him.

Definitely one to watch!

Ludvig Sederstrom @aleks

Did somebody say... brothers? In the same team? Wow, kudos Coach Sonnet, that’s awesome!

Sederstrom, similar to Chism, doesn’t have to much film to go off of yet but he too has had some big comments coming out of the camp in regards to his ability.

He seems to be the more well rounded prospect than Chism so far, but apparently he is not yet as strong of a scorer.

A character on and off the ice, it’s going to be really fun seeing him and his brother mix it up in the VHLM this season, and man I don’t know about you guys but I’m itching for that Sederstrom partnership line to be a real thing!

Review-

Nice job analyzing the Houston Bulls. For an expansion team, Houston look pretty good, especially with Kozlov. You and Jurri should also be up at 200 TPE by the end of the year if you guys keep it up. Unless I just missed it, who is brothers with Sederstrom? I think it is Rhys Chism, but not sure. You and Kozlov will be a dangerous combination though, and the Bulls look good. All in all it was a good read for me

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Houston Bulls - Highlighting the Centers [1/2]