Riga Reign young guns, part 1.

hedgehog337

stevenbest.jpg

*A future Riga player in action*

We will have a themed PT in next week. But before that, let me cheer up Riga Reign send downs. I'm very excited about the S66 draft, but I can't forget about the S65 ones. They also are fighting for the spot in my team. And now let's see how are they doing now. This article is going to be about them and their performances in minors so far. I'll do this in alphabetical order by the way. 

C - Anthony Matthews

User: @Anthony Matthews

TPE - 233

Current stats: GP: 53 | G: 19 | A: 52 | P: 71 | +/- :0

And let's start with a one of the best Riga send downs. Anthony was drafted 11th by me in the S65 draft as a potential future second line center. As Mikka Pajari isn't becoming any younger, this pick was making a perfect sense. Also, he was willing to spend one more season in minors to get more TPE. It appears that this was a great decision as he's currently is second scorer in Yukon. Which makes it more impressive is that he's not even a first line center there. So that means he never was riding HHH coattails and he was doing it by himself. He is showing that he could be ready for the big league. By the start of the next season he is projected to be close or a bit over 300 TPE. Yes, there would be better 2C's there, but not every team will even have a young gun, let alone a more experienced center. So he's going to be fine as long as he will consistently updating his player. And it doesn't matter if that's a welfare or a PT. 

D - Austen Fourier

User: @speck1447

TPE - 82

Current stats: GP: 52 | G: 10 | A: 16 | P: 26 | +/- : +3

Auston was taken in so called ''fifth round'' in the same draft as Matthews. Basically, I was just trying to snatch a potential steal in a very late round. And actually, he sort of came back after I sent him a message in SBA, but it looks like he's more comfortable in a basketball league. He wasn't updating his player since the beginning of March and probably will serve as a VHLM depth defenceman for his entire career. He is currently being as sort of a scratch player in Las Vegas. He is only being used as the second PP unit defenceman. And yet he's actually having very decent stats considering his status in LV. It seems like he had and maybe still has some potential, but he won't be anything make it in the big league with his current work ethic. 

D - Basaraba Moose

User: @Toasty

TPE - 234

Current stats: GP: 52 | G: 26 | A: 42 | P: 68 | +/- : +20 | HITS: 174 | SB: 90

And now we're coming back to elite send downs. Moose is a S64 player so he only has one rookie season left. But it could've been a lot worse as he was inactive during the majority of S64. He was brought back by @Thranduil and this appears to be a game changer for this player. At this moment the S64 draft 28th pick can definitely be considered as the steal and is showing that he's ready for a jump to VHL. And not only by earning TPE. His stats are also reflecting that as he already registered 68 points among with 174 hits and 90 shot blocks. And knowing that defencemans are having an easier time with getting good TPE from achievement tracker, I expect him getting close or even full 20 TPE from there. Which could be a big boost before the next season. That could potentially put him at ~300 TPE which could be enough for being a second pair D in Riga. By the way, he's playing in Halifax and I think I needed to mention this fact as Riga has another notable send down who is playing there. Moreso, he's a Moose partner who's playing in the first line. But I'll talk later about him.

D - Benson Van Roosen

User: @Benson

TPE - 90

Current stats: GP: 52 | G: 12 | A: 25 | P: 37 | +/- : +5

Another send down from Vegas that had a potential, but couldn't make something from it due his work ethic. And that's not a knock on @Jubo07, just a sad coincidence. Just like Speck, I tried to bring Ben back from SBA. He showed some promise in first two weeks before dipping and looks like he did it for good. He hasn't accepted my offer yet and he also left the VHL discord. Which means he's not interested in this league anymore. At least he has a bit more TPE than Fourier so he was put as the second pair def by Jubo. That's why he's having better stats than his fellow SBA AD. Will his time in the minors last long though? Considering that he's not updating his player anymore, I don't think so. 

D - Derek Bohne

User: @wuma

TPE - 52

Current stats: GP: 52 | G: 7 | A: 12 | P: 19 | +/- : +18 | SB: 73

Here's another defenceman that couldn't get over his laziness. He was making signs of coming back before the draft so I decided to draft him in the fourth round. However, it didn't last long and right now he's being a third and fourth pair defenceman in Ottawa. He definitely has good D skills as he was able to block shots 73 times despite not having a huge role on his team. But we can't expect him to stay in his team for a long time considering amount of the future draftees. We can say that Benson and Fourier still have a tiny chance to make an appearance in bigs if they will come back. Bohne though? Everything can happen. But at this moment, not a good chance. 

Part 2 coming now. 

6x2=12 TPE goes to Kallis.