Pavlov content warming the bench

Victor

• Admin

The Minnesota Storm are one win away from reaching the Founder's Cup finals which they will be favoured to win, but one man in particular has been doing absolutely nothing for his team's cause.

“Well that's not really fair,” says an aggrieved Vladimir Pavlov, “I shout motivational things at the guys coming on and off the bench, give the occasional pat on the back or the helmet – team morale is really important and I'd say I'm a pretty big contibutor to our success.”

Despite signing for the Storm shortly after the trade deadline, Pavlov has yet to see a minute of ice time in his time in Minnesota, or at least it looks like it from the few games we checked. Instead, the Russian center is content sitting on the bench and potentially earning a cup ring that way, doing nothing to his image as an undrafted, spoiled local kid taking the shortcut to VHL success.

“Look, my agent sat me down and said 'Kid, I want to win a Founder's Cup.' He doesn't care about my 3 weeks in Season 65 and told me neither should I, and hey, the guy is about successful as they come in this league so who am I to argue? I've got a nice pay packet out of it.”

With those words, Pavlov did a quick skate around the rink and went back to his favourite spot, just one from the left of the Minnesota bench.