ECN Draft Interview "John Frostbeard"

FrostBeard

ECN.jpg.e341642837cf97d327c88a890100a08c.jpg

ECN Draft Interviews

978555779_JohnFrostbeardPre-Draft.png.8766b2d2277f585b38a14481d68489ce.png

ECN draft interviews is a way how to get to understand what they want in their future teams and what are their expectations for the next season. This time we shall interview one of the new stars of this league, a player that is widely loved by his optimism and positive attitude, John Frostbeard. For a bit of a backstory of how his first season in VHLM went - He was picked up on waivers by GM Blade and Philadelphia Reapers where he spent a big chunk of time at the start until he was traded to  Yukon Rush where he was pushed to play on the 1st line with VHLM star Hunter Hearst Helmsley. He finished his season with 69 points in 72 games played being almost a point-a-game.

Questions

- You had an amazing 1st season in VHLM. How would you rank your first season? -

- First off, thanks for inviting me to this interview. Secondly, I feel that my first season was a great accomplishment for a guy that really didn't know what to expect in VHLM. At first, I was quite scared but in general, it was a great feeling to go on the ice with amazing players and teammates. Statistically, I performed up to my expectations as I wanted to be close to point-per-game. I do have to say that 69 points total is a great number to start with.

- Who has the biggest influence on your first season? -

- I believe there are 4 people I looked up to this first season, definitely, my first GM Blade, constant pushing to become great and guidance through my first steps in VHLM was incredibly important. Tyler Barabash Jr and his skill really allowed me to have a great start of the season and understand what I was doing wrong and what were my problems. Hunter Hearst Helmsley is another teammate that influenced me and made me understand how you can transfer your own greatness and give it to others by showing leadership. Mikko Aaltonen is another guy that I knew for a long time and we kinda clicked from the start and it just grew to a bit of a friendship so his moral support was necessary and I will surely call him if necessary. But in general - everyone, from teammates, to staff, to all the other amazing people that were involved in my development, thanks, everyone.

- Now to the current draft. Which are the teams that you would like to join in VHL and VHLM after the draft? -

- This is no easy question, but for me, it is quite simple to answer right now. Time will tell. I am yet grasping and making my first steps here so I don't really want to jump. But I can tell you all that howling and prancing are two things I like to do. And when it comes to VHLM, yes, you have maybe heard rumours that I want to stay for another season in VHLM and that is very true. I feel like it is gonna help me understand the game a bit more and allow me to be more competitive in VHL next season. There, I really want to go to a familiar place and be able to bring some magic to the locker room.

- In the end, what do you believe will future bring for you and what is that you want to say to GM's looking at you as a potential draft pick? -

- I hope I can bring cups and victories, personal achievements are nice, but consistency and ability to be a leader is the most important for me. And to other GM's, you have to ask around and see what they think I can bring to the table. I am passionate and I know that any team that will pick me up, will not regret having me in their lineup. 

- Thanks for the interview, good luck in the draft! -

- Thanks for giving me an opportunity to be on ECN.

People mentioned: @Bushito, @BladeMaiden, @GRZ and @Beaviss