StamkosFan Recruits Another [1/2]

PenKnight

(First Article 521 Word Count)

Super Agent @StamkosFan, slash Scout, slash Recruiter, finds another possible player for the league. In a never ending search, from all corners of the hockey world, @StamkosFan continues to deliver time and time again. This time with a Defensive Player from Russia near the war torn border of the Ukraine. @StamkosFan was snooping around Kiev and overheard some locals talking about a game between Kiev and Oryol, Russia and how this kid playing on defense for Oryol or some call it Orel was playing out of his mind not only making great defensive plays but offensive ones as well. Seemed that this player enjoyed getting assists over scoring. Of course with this kind of gossip, @StamkosFan immediately made the 300 mile or some say the 473km  journey and began to track down this player.

@StamkosFan, the Super Snoop or Agent or Scout or whatever you want to call it struck again and found Derek England at a local rink working on conditioning and drills. @StamkosFan didn't talk to anyone or say a word and just stood there observing for over an hour. After seeing enough @StamkosFan approached Derek England and the two of them had a chat. It didn't take long for the handshake deal to occur and England agreed to put himself up for the draft of the VHL if they had a spot for him or his style of play. Derek was made well aware that he might have show up for a combine or a work out for the rest of the scouts to take notice. Of course this was going to be a little trouble as all expenses and travel would have to come out of England's own pocket but the dream of being drafted for the VHL was high on the list and just the opportunity of being able to get drafted seem to outweigh the risk.

@StamkosFan listened to England and the advice he gave about the city that he lived in. Oryol, or Orel, is a city in western Russia known for its literary heritage. The Ivan Turgenev Museum and Ivan Bunin Museum have manuscripts and artifacts from their respective writers. By the Oka River, there are carnival rides in the City Park of Culture and Rest. The Museum of Local Lore displays archaeological finds and folk costumes. The Military History Museum features dioramas depicting 20th-century conflicts. After hearing about the Museums, @StamkosFan could not resist and asked Derek if he could provide some help in tour guiding. Derek agreed and off they went into the Russian City of Oryol.

They parted ways after the tour and England had to go home and beg the family for expenses. They had a bit of quarrel but in the end it was his mother who gave up her savings to help her son and he promised to make her proud and pay her back as soon as he could. The next day she made travel arrangements on the internet booking the room and flight. Derek packed up what he needed and off they went to the airport. They had their family moment and he waved goodbye.

Edited by PenKnight

I remember when @StamkosFan threatend to slit my throat because I didn't put @StamkosFan as my recruiter in the SHL. @StamkosFan was very mad about it. But me and @StamkosFan got over that. @StamkosFan is the best recruiter on the planet. (I have to say that or @StamkosFan will actually slit my throat)

I'm just so glad @StamkosFan ended up recruiting you. Welcome to the league!

Review - Ideally, I'd like to see just a liiiittle less reliance on using @StamkosFan's username in your spot. I'm not entirely convinced that some of your lines (e.g. the one about Oryol/Orel) is original, seems a li'l Wikipedia/Youtube description box-like. If that's how you write, that's how you write but please make sure it's coming from your head. :ssk:

• DollarAndADream changed the title to StamkosFan Recruits Another [1/2]
On 4/28/2019 at 1:40 PM, Nykonax said:

I remember when @StamkosFan threatend to slit my throat because I didn't put @StamkosFan as my recruiter in the SHL. @StamkosFan was very mad about it. But me and @StamkosFan got over that. @StamkosFan is the best recruiter on the planet. (I have to say that or @StamkosFan will actually slit my throat)

It seems you got the stupid joke that I was making here with all the stamkosfan tags as I rarely do something like that. 

I was in an odd mood.

Good catch @Renomitsu as that was an obvious copy/paste.

Total plagiarization as I was up over 22 hours and missing the start of Islander/Hurricane game.

I guess some people actually do read every word I post.

Will make a point of not doing it again.