Toronto Legion S66 Captains

It's mostly a returning leadership group for the Legion here in Season 66, however with the loss off again, on again former Captain Robert Malenko to trade it was time to shake up the very top and announce a new Captain. Before I get to that, let's first shout out for the third straight season the Toronto Legion assistant captains....

:tor: A - Evan R. Lawson :tor:  @diamond_ace

:tor: A - Oyorra Arroyo :tor:  @omgitshim

Lawson had a clutch season 66 playoffs carrying an underrated second line in last years playoffs and we are proud that he continues to represent the team and wear the A this season. As a member Jason is pretty much the definition of a veteran and his loyalty to Toronto during the back to backs and up until this his final season is highly regarded. 

What is there to say about Arroyo? Take one look at the signature of OMG and you'll see that after a few seasons in the league Arroyo has vastly become one of the top players on HoF watch as he closes out the final two seasons of his career. It'll be tough to top a last season where you were so dominate but we are still more than happy that he continues to wear the A proudly for the Legion similarly to Lawson, into the sunset seasons of his career. 

Finally introducing the teams newest Captain.....

:tor: C - Tzuyu :tor: @tfong

While there was lots of good candidates to the C, after sticking it out the 3 seasons of his rookie contract and continuing on longer term, it was hard not to Tzuyu as the obvious choice here. On top of the fact that Tzuyu remains the only player on the team that was acquired via the draft, fitting for the GM in question, he's pretty much responsible for the direction of the team and in some ways the back to back. I recall a conversation I had with him where I was debating on a semi retool, we were going to just ship off Ironside for what we could. But he basically outright told me, if I want to keep him we have to compete. Season 66 is no different, and this season we'll be competing for Captain Tzuyu. 

:cheers: Guys let's have another great season! 

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Does Halsey count? ? 

Close enough, she did a collab with BTS.

Edited by tfong