First Gen Purchases Question

Edit: Answered, thanks guys!

Comparing "The First Generation" (TFG) purchase to the "First Gen Doubles" (FGD) bonus.

Both include the following stipulation: 

Can only be purchased by first generation players,
or returning members without a player in the past
3 seasons. Additionally must be used prior to

completion of rookie season.

Every VHLM Rookie starts with the same salary - 1.5M

TFG provides 5 TPE (uncapped) for 0.5M

FGD provides 6 TPE (uncapped) for 1.5M

Given this salary structure, any player who is eligible to purchase either of these will only ever be eligible to purchase one or the other (1.5 - 0.5 = 1.0, 1.5 - 1.0 = 0.5).

So why would a Rookie ever elect to pay three times as much for 1 more TPE in their Rookie season?

I must be missing something here.

Edited by HenrikZoiderberg

• Commissioner

How do you figure they both can’t be bought? Rookie season is first VHL season so if you have your VHLM contract and your first season VHL contract you have enough money for both.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

How do you figure they both can’t be bought? Rookie season is first VHL season so if you have your VHLM contract and your first season VHL contract you have enough money for both.

Or you could just donate and get the 1 million bonus then put that towards a doubles week. Gives you 2.5 million before you get your VHL contract and are considered a rookie. 

1 minute ago, Acydburn said:

Or you could just donate and get the 1 million bonus then put that towards a doubles week. Gives you 2.5 million before you get your VHL contract and are considered a rookie. 

this

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

2 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

That explains it, thanks guys! I didn't know first VHL season was your Rookie year!

• Commissioner
Just now, HenrikZoiderberg said:

That explains it, thanks guys! I didn't know first VHL season was your Rookie year!

You're considered VHLM which is the "farm" league you could call it. You're not a rookie until your first year in the VHL. Unless i'm totally off. @Beaviss @Beketov

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Acydburn said:

You're considered VHLM which is the "farm" league you could call it. You're not a rookie until your first year in the VHL. Unless i'm totally off. @Beaviss @Beketov

You aren’t.

VHLM seasons exist entirely as their own thing. Your rookie season starts when you play your first VHL game. The only time there is any crossover is the fact that your 8 season career clock starts when you’re drafted so if you go back down for a season you only get 7.

Hold up. 

I can still buy a doubles week? Last season I bought the First Generation Bonus, and that was it.

This is my first VHL season.

Edited by GustavMattias

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Hold up. 

I can still buy a doubles week? Last season I bought the First Generation Bonus, and that was it.

This is my first VHL season.

You're still eligible for the first gen doubles week, yes.