Make it Possible to @ All Members of a Team at Once

Here's another thing I've been thinking about lately. #fixthelottery is still my number one, but--it would be incredibly helpful to those who have good reason to do so to be able to tag all members of a certain team at once, with one single tag. For example:

In my weekly press conferences, I post questions and then tag each member of my team individually. Copy and paste exists, but what if I could replace that big block of tags (which, especially when I've added new players, might not even be accurate) with a little "@Mississauga" to effectively, and accurately, tag every player on the Hounds roster? 

What about league announcements, too? Let's say Bana is writing up an announcement for the VHLM, and doesn't want to tag every single player in the VHLM individually. Which, since he doesn't (and neither would I), it can be safely assumed that this is the case. He also doesn't want to use the members tag, as it would alert half the people on this site to a bit of information entirely irrelevant to them, and likely make quite a few people be less than thankful for his existence. In that case, what about a "@VHLM Player" tag, to ping only those members in the VHLM? This tag would also prove quite helpful in such places as the VHLM Fantasy Zone, where Josh has to compile a list of all members to tag individually. 

If we're worried about these tags being abused, there's nothing to say that they can't be made available only to those who would use them for good, like GMs and commissioners. 

I'd understand if this isn't worth the time, as it's relatively a minor issue, but in my opinion, those who could use it would really appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

#fixthepingsandallowpeopletotagallmembersofateam?

#fixthepingsandallowpeopletotagallmembersofateambutalsofixthelotteryfirstplease

22 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

catchy.... I like it

@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax

Srry 

Edited by Motzaburger

Just now, Motzaburger said:

@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax@Nykonax

i only got notified of the quote lol

• Commissioner

The main problem is keeping the groups updated. Group mentions works based off the groups on the forum which would all need to be updated next to constantly. We used to do this for locker rooms before clubs came around and it was hell to keep track of and keep updated; and that’s just the VHL which doesn’t change around much. The VHLM teams change constantly and would need to constantly be updated. It’s a major headache. We did want it initially when we got group mentions but the logistics of it just don’t really work out that well.

9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

If we're worried about these tags being abused, there's nothing to say that they can't be made available only to those who would use them for good, like GMs and commissioners. 

I’m also not sure this is possible. We can set what groups can use group tagging but I don’t believe we can turn individual tags off and on for certain groups. Could be wrong though.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

The main problem is keeping the groups updated. Group mentions works based off the groups on the forum which would all need to be updated next to constantly. We used to do this for locker rooms before clubs came around and it was hell to keep track of and keep updated; and that’s just the VHL which doesn’t change around much. The VHLM teams change constantly and would need to constantly be updated. It’s a major headache. We did want it initially when we got group mentions but the logistics of it just don’t really work out that well.

I’m also not sure this is possible. We can set what groups can use group tagging but I don’t believe we can turn individual tags off and on for certain groups. Could be wrong though.

I'm not sure who can do what, but I know for a fact that I at the very least am unable to @Brand Executive, and I don't think I can @ Members either (though I'm not going to try). 

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Perhaps "who's on what roster" could be coded to automatically update? I don't know my code.

Edited by GustavMattias

• Commissioner
35 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I'm not sure who can do what, but I know for a fact that I at the very least am unable to @Brand Executive, and I don't think I can @ Members either (though I'm not going to try). 

Perhaps "who's on what roster" could be coded to automatically update? I don't know my code.

Can’t really be coded. The API for the forum doesn’t allow a whole lot of writing to the AdminCP, if any. Our portal accounts also don’t really work that way I don’t think. It’s ultimately a manual process in the Admin CP to set group permissions per user and then take them away after the fact. So just this past draft for example would have been a few hours of messing with permissions. It’s a pain.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

You have to use the group message button right above the reply button. You cant just use the @ symbol like you would for a member.

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure that out.