Reneged

ConnorMcdavid

Imagine the excitement and pure joy of being selected to represent your country on the greatest stage of your sport.  Imagine the heartbreak when your country stabs you in the back by reneging on their commitment to you just because some other jokes decided they were from a different country after all... as if their parents had screwed up their birth certificates or something.  

That’s where Trevor Van Lagen stands after being one of two cuts to the team Canada roster after the team had made its selection. Blame the GM? No. Blame the game? Yeah. Not only was it allowed for everyone to switch their country but it was encouraged and promoted. Do we want all equal teams or do we want to simulate a real world hockey tournament?

What would I have done if I was GM of a country and others were trying to get in to steal roster spots from my fellow countrymen?

“I would build a wall—and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me—and I build them very inexpensively. I would build a great, great wall on all our borders and I would make all the other wanna be hockey countries pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

End rant. 

• Commissioner
40 minutes ago, Quik said:

Oof, tbf the nation switch was meant more to allow people to switch out of Canada/USA, rather than into them

I don't think anyone switched to Canada/USA. It looks more like the eligibility list wasn't updated correctly when people FIRST submitted the lists. 

46 minutes ago, Quik said:

Oof, tbf the nation switch was meant more to allow people to switch out of Canada/USA, rather than into them

4 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

I don't think anyone switched to Canada/USA. It looks more like the eligibility list wasn't updated correctly when people FIRST submitted the lists. 

This is correct. I had 2 top players sitting at the cap who were looking ineligible. Apologies for cutting you but I have to do whats best for the team.

No one switched into Canada that I know of. The reason for the messy roster change was poor communication and the sheet needing updated.

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Did somebody say s n u b b e d

I believed you mean snubbed.

Edit; hey cool, I can actually say that and it underlines it for me. I wonder if the auto-filters don’t apply to admins, I’ve never tried.

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I believed you mean FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY.

Edit; hey cool, I can actually say that and it underlines it for me. I wonder if the auto-filters don’t apply to admins, I’ve never tried.

I guess you mean FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY then

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I guess you mean FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY then

Indeed. There’s something @Matt_O should do a rewind on. I can’t remember when that came in haha

1 hour ago, Rayzor_7 said:

This is correct. I had 2 top players sitting at the cap who were looking ineligible. Apologies for cutting you but I have to do whats best for the team.

No one switched into Canada that I know of. The reason for the messy roster change was poor communication and the sheet needing updated.

Haha it’s all good.. I was mostly just complaining for something to write about ? I didn’t expect to make the team in the first place so all is good ??