Greg Eagles Press Conference

What type of player do you envision yourself being?

Are you attracted to the Marlins because of your last name?

Do you feel pressure to live up to the other Gregs in VHL history?

Who is your favorite VHL player?

Which team would you like to play for one day?

11 minutes ago, Molholt said:

What type of player do you envision yourself being?

I intend for Eagles to be a dominant butterfly style goalie, still have some work to do but we are getting there.

Are you attracted to the Marlins because of your last name?

That would just insinuate the wrong thing :P Eagles probably eat Marlins but that is not the case. The Marlins players are very close knit and love working together.

Do you feel pressure to live up to the other Gregs in VHL history?

No pressure, I am just playing my own game and will be making my own history. Thought it would be great to achieve something similar to Greg Clegane

Who is your favorite VHL player?

Would probably have to go with Greg Clegane, all goalies in the VHL want to achieve what he did. Time will tell if anyone will be able to break his records.

Which team would you like to play for one day?

I really do not have a preference, Would love to go to any team that wants to have me, will always be fully dedicated to that team. If I was forced to choose it would be Toronto as that is where I currently live.

1. Marlins are currently 6th in the standings, happy how the season has gone so far for the team?

2. How about your season, 32 wins from 58 games is pretty solid - you agree?

3. Which team you reckon will be the toughest to play against in the playoffs?

4. Who is your MVP of the VHLM season?

5. As a player, what is your biggest strength?

Edited by jRuutu

1 hour ago, jRuutu said:

1. Marlins are currently 6th in the standings, happy how the season has gone so far for the team?

Definitely happy, not much was expected of us but the GM has put together a good team and we clinched the playoffs. We also sat in 3rd/4th position much of the season so yeah, definitely happy.

2. How about your season, 32 wins from 58 games is pretty solid - you agree?

Pretty solid but I could have done better in a few games. Early on in the season I let in some soft goals. This could have easily been 40 wins but hey, you learn from your mistakes.

3. Which team you reckon will be the toughest to play against in the playoffs?

Any of the top 4 teams (Ottawa, Philly,  Sask and Halifax) but we have won against them all in the season so I am not to worried.

4. Who is your MVP of the VHLM season?

For me it has to be Tate,  76 points in 52 games...Waiver pickup of the season and would be my vote for MVP

5. As a player, what is your biggest strength?

Definitely rebound control, I work on that the most as it is vital to the type of style I play

1. how many seasons you're ok to play as a backup in the big league?

2. what is your biggest weakness?

3. at this moment, there are 8 players in the VHL database that are coming from Poland. is hockey not that popular there?

4. can you see yourself being drafted before the third round?

5. your fav teammate as of now?

6. do you feel like Sean McGee deserved to play more games?

7. do you know MORPHEUS DESTRUCTIOUS (another guy from Poland)

8. currently, two best players from Poland are inactive. how easy it will be for you to suprass them in TPE?

9. do you hope to get 20 TPE from the achievement tracker?

10. your fav current VHL goalie?

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. how many seasons you're ok to play as a backup in the big league?

I will be more then happy helping out any team I get drafted to. If that means backing up for 2-3 seasons before I get a shot, I am OK with that. We as goalies have to earn our spots and i'm more the willing to fight for it

2. what is your biggest weakness?

Definitely the glove hand, it's still a little slow for this league and I will be working on improving this over the off-season

3. at this moment, there are 8 players in the VHL database that are coming from Poland. is hockey not that popular there?

Definitely not very popular, Poland is more of a Hockey/Basketball type of country. Hockey is slowly becoming more popular but it still has a long way to go.

4. can you see yourself being drafted before the third round?

With the depth of goalies in the league and some of the great goalie prospects for S67, I believe it will be tough before the 3rd round but I am always hopeful that a team will see the potential they are getting with me. 

6. do you feel like Sean McGee deserved to play more games?

Sean was a late addition to the team and didn't have the time to fully inter-grain with the team. Once we clinched the playoffs, it would have been good to give him a few extra games but I trust our GM and coaches decision on the work load and playtime.

8. currently, two best players from Poland are inactive. how easy it will be for you to suprass them in TPE?

My goal is to be the highest rated TPE player coming out of Poland. As long as I continue doing all my tasks, this should be no problem for me

Edited by Greg_Di

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

1. Are you the Greg Eagles from way back when? I feel like he had the same username? If not, were you aware of the old Greg Eagles?

2. In a similar vein, I won a cup with Greg Eagleowski, Greg Eagles' recreate, in S18 long after he went inactive. Thoughts (regardless if it's you or not)?

3. Anyway enough of that. What's it like being a backup in the VHL? In the past any active was almost guaranteed to start but now you have to wait, what's that like?

4. Any teams in particular who will regret passing on you?

5. Did you get to go to your preferred team in the draft?

6. Favourite logo in the league?

7. Thoughts on crossover (i.e. best 6 teams going to the playoffs regardless of conferences)? Should it stay or should it go?

8. If you had to pick one location for a VHL team in Europe where would you put it?

9. Same as above but for a North American team?

10. What is your view on the VHL ever expanding beyond Europe and North America?

@Greg_Di

1. Are you the Greg Eagles from way back when? I feel like he had the same username? If not, were you aware of the old Greg Eagles?

When I first started in the league a long time ago I did have a goalie as Greg Eagles, I believed I played for a few seasons before life took over.

2. In a similar vein, I won a cup with Greg Eagleowski, Greg Eagles' recreate, in S18 long after he went inactive. Thoughts (regardless if it's you or not)?

I don't remember making another player after Greg Eagles but it was so long ago that it could have been possible. If that was me then it's great that he ended up winning a cup :P

3. Anyway enough of that. What's it like being a backup in the VHL? In the past any active was almost guaranteed to start but now you have to wait, what's that like?

I came into the draft knowing I will have to wait and before the draft I let every GM that messaged me know that I will be comfortable backing up for 1-2 seasons. I am just here to give my team the best chance of winning.

4. Any teams in particular who will regret passing on you?

I am sure a few teams down the road will regret not taking me earlier, I plan on being very active and always maxing out my stats. I believe Vancouver got a steal with where I went.

5. Did you get to go to your preferred team in the draft?

I really had no preferred team. I just wanted to be on an active team that wanted me in their future plans. I am glad I went to Vancouver as so far it has been fun and the locker room is great!

6. Favourite logo in the league?

I think it's a tossup between Helsinki and Moscow. Interesting logo's with some good details.

7. Thoughts on crossover (i.e. best 6 teams going to the playoffs regardless of conferences)? Should it stay or should it go?

Being new to the league I haven't had a chance to really gauge it yet. If I had to make a choice I would say it should go and just have the top 3-4 from each division make it to the playoffs.

8. If you had to pick one location for a VHL team in Europe where would you put it?

Warsaw or Wroclaw in Poland. Being Polish myself it would be great to have some representation. 

9. Same as above but for a North American team?

I think Chicago or Las Vegas would be interesting locations.

10. What is your view on the VHL ever expanding beyond Europe and North America?

I'm all for it. We have players from all over the world and it would be interesting to see a hockey team in South America, Asia or Africa join the league

@Victor

1. Where do you think that the Vancouver Wolves will be seeded this year?
2. Is the future looking bright for Vancouver?
3. Which newly prospects in Vancouver do you like the most beside yourself?

4. What are your thoughts about all the trades that your GM did this off season?

5. Do you believe that Vancouver Wolves will bring back the cup with you one day?

6. Which new player are you looking forward to play with?

7. What did you learn from the Vetss in Vancouver?

8. What are your expectations for next season?

9. Do you think that you will be the dark horse and win Rookie of the year next year, or at least be a runner up?

10. Any heads up for your rookies rivals?

1. Where do you think that the Vancouver Wolves will be seeded this year?
It has been a slow start but everyone on the team is very confident in making the playoffs.

2. Is the future looking bright for Vancouver?
I would say so. Good mix of veterans and new players that are all very active

3. Which newly prospects in Vancouver do you like the most beside yourself?
Micheal Gary Scott, we played against each other in the VHLM. Great player and is only getting better

4. What are your thoughts about all the trades that your GM did this off season?
They were good trades to try and make the team better to go for another cup run. Also helped the team acquire assets for players that no longer had a role to play in Vancouver

5. Do you believe that Vancouver Wolves will bring back the cup with you one day?

That is the plan. My one goal in the VHL is to win a cup

6. Which new player are you looking forward to play with?
Looking forward to playing with all the Vancouver players. It is a great locker room 

7. What did you learn from the Vetss in Vancouver?

I am still learning from them, have only been on the team for a little bit but already learning quite a bit

8. What are your expectations for next season?

My expectations for next season are to challenge for the starting goalie spot and to help the Wolves bring home a cup

9. Do you think that you will be the dark horse and win Rookie of the year next year, or at least be a runner up?
It's possible but I think its more rare for goalies to win rookie of the year. It was a great draft class with many amazing players.

10. Any heads up for your rookies rivals?
Watch out because the Eagle has landed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@Greg_Di

1)What are your thoughts on your season?

So far so good, been having my best season to date and still improving.

2)What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

We are doing great, lots of depth on the team and a great LR. Currently in 1st and hoping to finish that way.

3)Who has been your teams best player?

HHH for sure, he has been leading the team on offense

4) If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Would have to be Rayz Funk, everyone loves a good goalie fight :P
@Rayzor_7 

5)Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Has to be us, Beaviss has put together a strong team. Anything short of a finals would be a disappointment

6)What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

I love it, great for VHL to give back to some of the players. I think this definitely boosts morale for the whole league

@Banackock Thanks for the questions!