Top Candidates for Skylar Rift Trophy

Dilly Dilly

As we're already one game into the final series of the VHLM playoffs, there is a very tight running for the Skylar Rift Trophy. As I don't want to stretch this out, I'll get right into the statistics and state why each player might deserve the honor. 

:phi: Philadelphia Reapers :phi:

Walter Clements 

C | 6'8" | 250 lbs. 

6G | 11A | 17P | +10

Clements currently leads all remaining players in point production this postseason. He is one of the most versatile players in the league. It shows up on both the stat sheet and might be the primary reason why Philly has had such an easy path to the finals. He's a clutch player that makes big time plays in the biggest moments, and he has proven that by contributing to nearly 14% of the Reapers' total points on his own.

Bjorn Scoringsonn

RW | 6'1" | 190 lbs. 

5G | 10A | 15P | +4

Scoringsonn was a very respectable top six player this regular season, but has found a match made in heaven with left winger, turned center, Dylan Doyle. He has shown he can play with and against the best players in the league at a high level. Despite having an assist-heavy postseason, he can put the puck in the net just as well. Scoringsonn joins Doyle and Tocco on the highest scoring line in Philadelphia, where they own just over 30% of the offensive contribution on the team.

Dylan Doyle

LW/C | 6'1" | 175 lbs. 

7G | 5A | 12P | +5

Doyle has had a tremendous breakout this postseason. He went from averaging 0.26 G/GP to 0.70 so far this playoffs. He's also increased his point per game percentage by a titanic 66%, for 1.2 P/GP during the postseason versus a measly 0.54. Doyle currently leads all remaining players in goals this postseason. 

Honorable Mentions 

Boone Jenton(D) - 3G | 9A | 12A | +4

Kolur Bjoernsonn(G) - 9-1-0 | 0.904 SV% | 2.22 GAA

:ott: Ottawa Lynx :ott:

Blake Laughton 

LW | 6'3" | 229 lbs. 

6G | 10A | 16P | +10

Laughton has remained a consistent two way player throughout this postseason. Leading Ottawa in assists, points, and hits. Laughton and fellow star line mate, Martin, have a combined 31 points this post season, which is nearly 30% of the total scoring for the Lynx.

Aston Martin

C | 6'0" | 175 lbs. 

6G | 9A | 15P | +8

Martin is tied for the team lead in goals with Laughton. He has also played a significant role in Ottawa's puck possession, as he's responsible for winning around 55% of the faceoffs he has taken this postseason. He's not the largest guy on the ice by any means, so he tends to stay away from the gritty areas, but he is elusive and is a valuable playmaker for his team.

Ambrose Stark

D | 6'3" | 201 lbs. 

5G | 8A | 13P | +11

Stark has been by far the most versatile defenseman throughout this postseason. As a defenseman, he ranks in the top 10 in goals and assists, 8th in points, 1st in points by a defenseman, 1st in +/-, 2nd in shots blocks, and 5th in hits. There's no question he will be a deciding factor in every game he plays as the finals conclude within the next week.

Honorable Mentions

Pekka Pouta(G) - 8-1-1 | 0.907 SV% | 2.50 GAA

Thomas Kennedy(C) - 5G | 7A | 12P | +3 

There are clearly many bright spots on both of these teams, but I personally think it's Clements vs. Stark. Clements is almost guaranteed to get a point every game, and perhaps even more. Stark and Ottawa will have to shutdown not only Clements, but also the Reapers' second line which has been on fire all postseason. 

Edited by Dilly Dilly
A little long for a VHL.com article, but it was fun to research

2 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

So I could just claim it from here? Or would I have to post it in point tasks?

Probably just claim it from here, make sure to add a comment on the claim and say it's in the wrong spot or something

9 hours ago, fonziGG said:

I really digged reading this. Great job! My take has to be Ambrose Stark ( @Banackock). Ambrose absolutely slaughtered us and is currently doing incredible in the finals by my take.

You really dug reading this. Or should I say Doug? Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Also, can we get another filter like the one that changes quik to quik, but this time changes dug to doug?

Here's my edit: OH SHIT LOL I JUST REALIZED WHY I KEPT SPELLING quik AS QUIK, ITS BECAUSE IT CHANGES IT

Edited by Thranduil