Frans Eller Speaks With Media Before VHLM Draft [1/2]

Ace

cut.jpg

"We’re here with VHLM prospect Frans Eller. Eller spent the very last part of last season with the Houston Bulls, managed by FrostBeard. Eller is a well rounded two way winger that enjoys firing the puck into the back of the net. Eller – where are you hoping to go?"

“Well, I have heard that I am now one of the top five players on most scout’s draft boards. I don’t know who they’re comparing me with, but I do know that whomever picks me will absolutely not regret it. I will work my ass off for you and your franchise and I will help you be productive on a daily basis.”

“That’s great. Frans, how would you describe your play out there?”

“I know where to be on the ice to make the right play happen. If my linemate turns it over, I will scramble back to cut off passing lanes and to force the transition wide. I have a good stick that can disrupt the play and turn the puck back the other way. I’d say an offensively skilled two-way winger.”

“Is there any destination in particular that you’d really be fond of going to?”

“My agent and I have had discussions with a few franchises. I am probably most keen on my interaction with the Philadelphia Reapers front office. They had a certain swagger about themselves. I think my attitude about the sport of hockey, how it’s meant to be played and how the locker room dynamics should be align extremely well with what I’ve seen so far there. They’ve even invited me to tour their locker room and training facilities, and compared to what I have seen in Denmark and in other hockey clubs that I have been affiliated with, I am tremendously impressed. I’d love to be selected by the Reapers – I mean come on, they’re the Reapers! Spooky!”

“Well, it certainly seems that you have a favorite! Are there any other spots you’d be happy to land at?”

“I had a quik chat with the Minnesota management team. It’s been more subdued, but it seems like I could fit in there. FrostBeard has always been good to me with Houston, but the culture there seems to have accepted losing as commonplace and I don’t really want to accept a culture of failure. Perhaps that doesn’t carry over to next season? I don’t know. In the grand scheme of things, this is a draft, not a free agency experience. I’ll get drafted anywhere, play anywhere, lead anywhere and win anywhere.”

“Well said. Are there any of your fellow prospects that you hope to land with if possible?”

“Yes, I’d love to play with Condor Adrienne. He is a defenseman, fellow European. I enjoy my time with him on the ice – we started training together the week I announced my intention to come over to the VHLM instead of the SHL Juniors draft. Unfortunately, Condor is just above me in skills for the draft class and it’ll be difficult for a team to get both him and I. I can hope though!”

“Thanks for your time, Frans, and enjoy tomorrow’s VHLM Draft!”

"Thank you, I will!"

17 minutes ago, Ace said:

FrostBeard has always been good to me with Houston, but the culture there seems to have accepted losing as commonplace and I don’t really want to accept a culture of failure. Perhaps that doesn’t carry over to next season? I don’t know.

That is rough... #FakeNews 

Review:

Nice! Eller and Marleau both are two-way forwards?? Sweet. I wonder if you're going to do something else with your player build. Best of luck this year. I liked the lay-out of this article, as you clearly differentiated between the questions and answers. Standard, informative Media Spot and a textbook example to everyone how an interview MS should be done! Keep it rolling @diamond_ace :cheers: 

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Review:

Nice! Eller and Marleau both are two-way forwards?? Sweet. I wonder if you're going to do something else with your player build. Best of luck this year. I liked the lay-out of this article, as you clearly differentiated between the questions and answers. Standard, informative Media Spot and a textbook example to everyone how an interview MS should be done! Keep it rolling @diamond_ace :cheers: 

Um... this isn't me :P

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Frans Eller Speaks With Media Before VHLM Draft [1/2]