ColeMrtz

Jerry Wang - Right Winger

Age - 17

Height - 5' 10"

Weight - 163 lbs

Birthplace - Singapore, Republic of Singapore

844034c7d8c2e1cc3ff424b492b025ca5abdd969

Playing History

-Grew up playing in the SIHA (Singapore Ice Hockey Association), stats could not be recovered but left the league with a lot of hardware (MVP, Top Scorer, Champions).

-Moved to Canada and began playing in the CHL under the Guelph Storm, where he put up high scoring numbers (just over PPG with more than 50% accounted for from goals).

-Traded to Saginaw at 16 years old where his play suffered slightly, but we saw a development in his mechanical ability and a general growth in potential (faster, better awareness, more team play).

Pros/Cons

Pros

-Incredibly fast, uses his speed to surpass his opponents where hands won't do the trick. Beats players to the puck majority of the time and uses his speed to take the game to his pace, slowing up and bursting past defending players. His speed is getting faster too, soon to be an unstoppable force on the ice.

-Excels at getting to the scoring lanes and making himself open. His awareness of the offensive zone matches that of some Hall of Famers. Generates chances down low and finishes many of his own opportunities. Has an eye for the back of the net and the best way to get there.

-Cannon of a shot, fires fast enough that even some of the quickest goaltenders in the league find trouble tracking his release. He picks holes in the netminders armor and chips away with laser precision.

-Uses his strengths in creative ways to stay shifty and evasive of defending players. Almost every game it seems like he's found a new way to get around the players on the ice.

Cons

-Defensively struggles to compete with most players, lacks the defensive positioning needed to properly play both ends of the ice. His spacing leaves a lot to be desired, and that's just the basics. Should be put with strong 2 way players until his defensive play develops to a salvageable state.

-Small size is always a concern, prone to injury and a target on the ice. Obviously he hasn't fully fleshed out yet, so size may increase, but not by enough to make this area a lack of concern.

-Poor endurance, plays hard when first out on the ice but quickly slows down and loses steam. His worst +/- appears in the third period where he is routinely beat and frequently turns the puck over. Conditioning should be a major focus of development for whichever team takes him.

-Not a goaltender (*cough* I would've been the better goalie @Sonnet *cough*)

Player Comparables

-Jerry Wang most closely resembles Andreas Athanassiou in terms of raw offensive capability, while also struggling defensively as well as with endurance. Both players exemplify speed in their game and generate offense at an unprecedented rate, but struggle when it comes to their own end of the ice and falter late in the game. However, both players have an incredibly high ceiling once the kinks have been worked out.

21 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

You'd certainly know what one looks like

Not sure what you're getting at here.

I've never won an individual award but I won team awards in three straight seasons so either I'm a no-season-wonder or a three-season-wonder.

4 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

I thought you won an individual alongside your cup in the first season? Guess I totally mis-remembered.

No sir, lost Stolz to Borwinn and that was the only one I was really within reaching distance of.

• 3 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Jerry Wang - High Potential Power Winger [1/2]