GM 181: Seattle Bears vs. Calgary Wranglers

VHL Games

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

1 - Maxim Kovalchuk (SEA)

?

But is he a center now or what @Banackock or does the portal just hell bent on changing his position?

Edit: misread because it’s 3am and I should be mid-sleep.. GROUCHY! :D 

Edited by Banackock

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

1 - Maxim Kovalchuk (SEA)

?

But is he a center now or what @Banackock or does the portal just hell bent on changing his position?

Maybe Kovalchuk was the Center CGY needed? Instead of trading, could have just  asked. I’ve always been pretty flexible with it. :P

3 minutes ago, Banackock said:

1. A position change was purchased on the portal and approved. 

2. I put a bunch of TPE into FO.

I originally thought that a person who is simulating has a special way to see all new updates and has to manually update and change everyone’s. Is that how it used to be? Is it how SHL does it with how they still update? IDK. 

Apparently, it’s not how we do it or ever have? The portal does it all and kicks out a ratings file. I literally thought Devise had to manually do it so I nicely PM’d him and now gotten woken up to 16 PM’s. Apparently, that’s not how it works and I was confused. I need to go to the University of Alberta for a STHS course. 

.. all

individual

lined

messages.

Please wake up to this.

I can’t say it all in one big message.

thanks. 

Lol

I mean, I can in a post. I view PM's as talks, not as "text conversations." It's why I don't enable that shit on my phone like most of you plebs. Because I don't "text like that" because who would? But I do type in chat convo's while having a keyboard like that, because it's like having a regular conversation so you can say something and still be thinking about that topic while a person is responding. Anyways. 

The position switch was bought and applied from the ratings file as was the faceoffs. The issue here was literally just you didn't realize that you could put Kovulchuk already as D in the wrong slot, and then it'd be fine when I updated the ratings file and it switched him. GM's can use this with their lines for player swaps too, as the other GM's more recently have when emailing when where a new player should go, or who to swap with so they can still send a line file in. Where the actual issue was and why I sent you message was your request to just have him do your entire line changes for you, because again you were under the false impression there was no way for you to do them yourself. It's all good. :cheers: 

4 minutes ago, Devise said:

I mean, I can in a post. I view PM's as talks, not as "text conversations." It's why I don't enable that shit on my phone like most of you plebs. Because I don't "text like that" because who would? But I do type in chat convo's while having a keyboard like that, because it's like having a regular conversation so you can say something and still be thinking about that topic while a person is responding. Anyways. 

The position switch was bought and applied from the ratings file as was the faceoffs. The issue here was literally just you didn't realize that you could put Kovulchuk already as D in the wrong slot, and then it'd be fine when I updated the ratings file and it switched him. GM's can use this with their lines for player swaps too, as the other GM's more recently have when emailing when where a new player should go, or who to swap with so they can still send a line file in. Where the actual issue was and why I sent you message was your request to just have him do your entire line changes for you, because again you were under the false impression there was no way for you to do them yourself. It's all good. :cheers: 

My main motive was to make sure I didn’t have a centerman playing with 40 FO. I, as you know, thought people who sim see the updates somewhere and have to manually add the changes. Makes sense I didn’t want a guy with 40 FO taking draws.

You said updates have to do something. They don’t. It was banked TPE. You add the TPE, click save and that’s it. 

So, I thought you manually add them. I didn’t think the portal did everything but sim the damn games so was only trying to help myself so that you don’t miss it (going from 40 FO to 80 is a pretty massive change) because you sim at 3AM our time. That’s all.

thnx for sims. 

Time for

sleep

again

Edited by Banackock

2 minutes ago, Banackock said:

My main motive was to make sure I didn’t have a centerman playing with 40 FO. I, as you know, thought people who sim see the updates somewhere and have to manually add the changes. Makes sense I didn’t want a guy with 40 FO taking draws.

You said updates have to do something. They don’t. It was banked TPE. You add the TPE, click save and that’s it. 

So, I thought you manually add them. I didn’t think the portal did everything but sim the damn games so was only trying to help myself so that you don’t miss it because you sim at 3AM our time. That’s all.

thnx for sims. 

Time for

sleep

again

Traditionally yes when not using banked you'd be waiting on updater to approve to use TPE. I kinda forgot that once you've been given the TPE that applying it automatically saves it in the rating file, so that was my confusion. As for the sim time, I literally missed yesterday and today as the only late days. Generally it's before midnight my time, or should I say "our time" because I"m pretty sure we in the same province/time zone. I'd say this season my regular has been 11-11:30 MST. Anyway the issue will be avoided in the future because you know you can just send me any lines, even if you have traded a player and want that to reflect you can use placement players and just let me know where to quik swap. 

For the record I have no issue quik swapping for GM's with lines, it's when I get more complicated line requests, such as "alright well put him on PK 2 but make sure he's with X" etc. Not only as a rule of thumb as simmer it's also as a fellow GM that I don't like to spend too much time monitoring other teams lines inside of the sim. I generally like to load and ignore so as to not be influenced to make changes based on what I'm seeing my opposition doing. Not that I do anyway mind you as GM or ever have, but it's just a good habit imo. 

Also your totally doing it wrong.

I never break a line at the end of a regular sentence to say things like, time for sleep again. 

That would be one line in the message.

Then I'd give exactly half a second for a response.

Since I type fast it would fill up pretty quickly.

Goodnight.