Danny Trejo introduces VHL-bid for Amarillo

Elmebeck

Amarillo Sarsaparillas

Danny Trejo came out in a surprise press conference yesterday, announcing his bid for a new expansion team for the VHL. Based in Amarillo the team would be the Amarillo Sarsaparillas

Trejo's company, "Trejillo Group Inc." already produce a brand of sarsaparilla marketed under the name "Danny's Treparillias" that is fermented to a 4% BVE alcohol, asked about his intentions with the investment into hockey answered, "It's hard to say if this will be a brewery with a hockey team, or a hockey team with a brewery. I guess it depends on your vantage point. All I can tell you is that I love both hockey and sarsaparilla".

rJpe1KQ.jpg
Danny Trejo announces his bid for the franchise under the Trejillo Group.

Texas already has a VHLM team in Houston, so it makes sense to have a mother team in the VHL that can draw from that local talent. Houston Bulls are currently 5th in the VHLM and have rising stars in players like @Dalton Wilcox, @frescoelmo, @JeffD, @Sixersfan549.

The initial investment is rumored to be $650 million out of which $350-400 million is expected to be put up by Trejo, and the rest by other investors.

7LUz0K0.jpg
Ruth Tobias notes that Sarsaparilla evokes images of "languid belles and parched cowboys". It was a popular soft drink during the 19th century in USA and can be fermented.

The main color for jerseys will be a orange or dark red to go with the berries and history, with elements of white and black. Meanwhile the logo should speak to the history of Texas and the history of cowboys, with several concepts being considered, from just berries to cattle, cowboys and lone stars.

mKmojBR.png
Concept of Amarillo colours and logo.

"It's a hard concept to marry", designer Martin McFly said shaking his head, "those small berries, alcohol, hockey and cowboys... But we think we may be able to do it. If not now, then in the future."

The franchise bid is one of two new ones to the VHL, both still to be decided on, even which continent they would appear on. But seeing how USA only have two teams, with Canada's three and Europe's five, it would make sense for at least one - if not both - being awarded to USA.

"USA has been neglected for too long in an almost scandalous manner," @Esso2264 offered, "we have by far the largest market, but only two teams. It's a travesty!

r4o8jl1.jpg

Logo concept for the franchise.

Amarillo is a city in the Texas Panhandle. It’s a gateway to the vast, trail-lined Palo Duro Canyon State Park, which would make it perfect to host a hockey team, and also grow the city and its Sarsaparilla sales.

"The local community here has really rallied behind our bid", Trejo smiled, "I really hope the commissioners give us the chance we deserve, and that the process is honest and fair."

The decision is not expected until after the current season is concluded and many other cities are in the running all over the world. Some of the top-runners are considered to be Chicago, Denver and a city in Florida for USA. For Europe Berlin, Oslo and Reykjavik has been mentioned. And for Asia, Hong Kong and Chiang Mai are strong runners. No teams in Africa as of yet.

500+ words+ten (I am still not good friends with GIMP).

Edited by Elmebeck