SEA/DCD; S67 off-season

VHL Bot

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

Uhhhh again, fair market value?

Far better trade than the ACL tear one, like by a mile. Kovy is a 500 TPE not yet regressed Dman in his final season. Not a future top 3 TPE guy that just bought a re-roll

Edited by Bushito

• Victor changed the title to SEA/DCD; S67 off-season
23 minutes ago, Victor said:

He's still got a full season before FA and there's contenders with the cap space to take him on.

13 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Banana conveniently left that part out...

He had a PO, he would have opted out and become a FA had he been anywhere else other than Seattle

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

He had a PO, he would have opted out and become a FA had he been anywhere else other than Seattle

Trade - A player can be traded to a GM's team so long as the trade is made at fair market value. No trades which bypass the Free Agency restriction above, such as a sign and trade, will be allowed. Additionally, the same rules as drafting apply where a GM cannot force another GM to trade them by way of threats or other malicious actions. All trades made where a member ends up with two players on the same team will be reviewed by the Commissioners and can be vetoed. 

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

Trade - A player can be traded to a GM's team so long as the trade is made at fair market value. No trades which bypass the Free Agency restriction above, such as a sign and trade, will be allowed. Additionally, the same rules as drafting apply where a GM cannot force another GM to trade them by way of threats or other malicious actions. All trades made where a member ends up with two players on the same team will be reviewed by the Commissioners and can be vetoed. 

Man, at least my roster was as such that the expansion GM's knew they'd get nothing. I feel like players with a PO should have to decide before expansion draft whether they are FA or staying so the expansion GM's at least knew ahead of time what they were dealing with.

Edited by Devise

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

fair market value

Eno made the selection purely to get the third, otherwise he would have taken the inac but due to the rules he couldn't. Eno knew of the PO and was planning this trade back to start

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

malicious actions

I feel like if you have a PO then it really can't be very malicious

He was the last pick in the expansion draft. If I could have taken an inactive + 3rd, I would have, like DA did with the second last pick. Since an active was exposed, that wasn't an option. I'm happy to take the 3rd + 4th as more or less equivalent value to what DA got out of Toronto.

I don't think there's anything overly malicious about the deal either, but there's obviously some grey area there, as there always is when a GM's main player gets traded.