Valentino thrilled after VHL Draft

Kekzkrieg

Prague, Czech Republic - Selected as the fifth pick in S68's VHL Draft, Former Halifax Assistant Captain Luciano Valentino is beyond thrilled to be the the DC Dragons' first franchise Draft pick.

"The idea of playing the VHL has always been a dream to me but to be selected so high and as the first franchise pick for the DC Dragons is mindblowing to me and it's an honor to have a new franchise to place it's trust in me," Valentino added.

The young Italian defenseman is looking forward in his new beginning in the Capitol region and made efforts in booking travel plans and long term housing in the area to help begin his routine. Although Valentino feels like his VHLM has seasoned him well, he knows that there's still much work to be done.

"I think the abundance of great minds to pick from the locker room to the management and ownership that will help better equip me with the tools needed to contribute. I look forward in playing with this great group of both veterans of the VHL and young guns like myself as well as the leaders in management in building a legacy of success," Valentino asserted.

Seeing how the D.C. Dragons organization is fresh from the announcement, expansion draft and the offical VHL draft, the organization's roster has a lot to prove when competing against experienced organizations especially after the nailbiter playoff season last year.