Da Bears Hot Start

HenrikZoiderberg

Card image cap

We Roar We Score

Some teams flare up and then fade away. Others seem to have dynasties that last for years on edge. Which one will Banackock's Seattle Bears be?

It's been a hot start for the Seattle Bears. After a disappointing playoff miss last season, they started the first week of S68 going 5-3-0, good for a tie with Davos for fourth in the league. It seems the Bears' depth-driven momentum is in full swing. Between their impressive scoring and a positive goal differential (thanks to the consistent efforts of S67 rookie of the year Rayz Funk), the Bears are looking to make the playoffs and get their young core some much-needed experience. They say that the playoffs are a much different beast than the regular season, and with limited cup windows against strong contenders, there's never any guarentee of success.

Bears Captain Acyd Burn @Acydburn was unavailable for comment, but the rest of the team's core leadership stepped up to give some thoughts on the start of the Bears' season and what's to come over the next few months.

First up is star center Scott Greene @DoktorFunk (1C):

Image result for chris kunitz beard

"I'm very excited." Greene was quoted as saying, "We're shaping up to be a killer team with crazy depth scoring."

Henrik Zoiderberg @HenrikZoiderberg (2LW) was a bit more candid about his opinion:

Image result for zetterberg smile

"Yeah, it's nice," Started Zoids, "It's no secret that I struggled with my transition into the big league last season and didn't put up the numbers I expected after being such a stud in the M." About his experience on the world stage: "The Juniors were a nice break, but I didn't end up getting the results I wanted there either, silver's just first loser, you know? This season feels like a fresh start. Every single player put in effort over the offseason, we're so much stronger than we were at this time last season."

Rayz Funk @Rayzor_7 (G):

Image result for connor hellebuyck smile

Funk was quoted as saying, "I'm happy about it. After the slugfest we had last season it's clear that we are a stronger team this time around."

Hulk Hogan @HulkHogan (D):

Image result for hulk hogan cocaine

"Hot and spicy"

Anything else to add?

"Brother"

Bears' GM and mastermind behind building this core group, Banackock @Banackock, leant some of his own insights into the reasons behind the season's solid start:

Image result for peter dinklage suit

"I feel very good so far. Confident in the group we have whether it's this season or next. Core is stellar."

Whatever the reasons, it is now on the Bears to carry this success through to the end of the season, and hopefully through to the end of the playoffs. With the addition of the Prague Phantoms and DC Dragons, as well as a few more teams entering their rebuild phases, the time is now to have the core players develop into their best selves and start aiming for cup runs.  Hopefully under Bana's tutelage, that dream can become a reality.

The lines are in, the skates are sharpened, the sticks are taped. Hello out there, we're on the air. 

505 words

TPE for week ending September 22