Leon and Gabriel Gutzwiler Hit the VHLM Ice [1/2]

Gwdjohnson

An exciting pair of prospects have joined the S70 VHLM class tonight, as Swiss starlet siblings Leon and Gabriel Gutzwiler declared themselves eligible for the draft. The two forwards are considered two of the brightest young prospects in Europe, and there is much excitement about them moving to North America. The 17 year-olds have made a fearsome reputation for themselves in their local league in Switzerland because of their high-end ability and chemistry. They've been commonly referred to as the "Swiss Sedins" back home as a result of this. Playing in the men's Swiss league, they were more dominant than the league tends to have teenagers be, as the 17 year-olds were both top 10 league-wide in scoring, catching very many important sets of eyes.

Gabriel Gutzwiler is a winger by trade, who is a great two-way forward who posseses a great scoring touch, general offensive ability, and hockey IQ. Decently big in frame, Gabriel will likely not see many problems adjusting to the physical nature of the game in North America, and should be able to make an immediate impact. He has said he's not worried about his ability to make the translation overseas because he feels his game is already ready-made to hit the North American rinks. 

Leon Gutzwiler is more the Henrik Sedin of the Gutzwiler pair. A center, Gutzwiler is also a very disciplined and intelligent player who has strong technical ability while also always being there to help out on the defensive end. He's good in the dot as well, as it's a part of his game he's been putting effort into ahead of his switch overseas, and could definitely transition into a solid two-way center with a great scoring touch and good penalty killing abilities as well.

The two have made no secret of their preferred destination in the league, and the answer is simple. "We do hope to play for the same team in juniors", said Leon. "We've always played together growing up and we have such good chemistry on and off the ice; it would be very beneficial to both us and whoever drafts us if we can both end up in the same place". Gabriel echoes Leon's sentiment, saying "I think it will especially help both our games if we play for the same team in the VHLM. It would be a huge help to adjusting to playing in another continent and would mean we both get an opportunity to carve out careers like the Sedins in the NHL. Obviously anything can happen and we might not end up together, but we do really hope that it can happen".

It is very unlikely that the two end up on the same team, as they are both highly-coveted prospects that likely won't see themselves drafted in separate rounds, but even if they're split in half and forced to finally diverge from one another in their hockey careers, just one of the Gutzwilers is more than enough to be a big boost to whichever VHLM team lands them on draft day.

(508 words)

Review:

I like the comparison to the Sedins. It's cool to see brothers enter the league, and hopefully they can both be successful. The use of quotes helps personify the article more, which is important for having an engaging piece of writing. I think most people want the brothers to play with each other, myself included, but I do like how they respect that it might not happen, and they're willing to make an effort to be an impact player wherever they end up.

Good luck in the future, and I really hope you guys can end up playing together this upcoming season.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Leon and Gabriel Gutzwiler Hit the VHLM Ice [1/2]