Mikko signs an extension with D.C

GRZ

News just came in that D.C's Mikko Aaltonen has signed a 5 year extension, going through till S73, the AAV will be precised and revealed later.
Mikko was named the first captain in D.C Dragons history, stats wise in 72GP, he had 40G, 38A for a total of 78P.

The Following statements were issued from Aaltonen when we caught up with him briefly:
"Congratulations! How does it feel having signed such a long-term deal with D.C?"
"Thanks, and it feels amazing, this could be one of the biggest decisions I've made in my career, but I'm 100% positive it's the correct one, the day I arrived in D.C I was welcomed with open arms, everyone was nice, ranging from the management, players and the fans especially, you could tell they couldn't wait for a hockey team coming to their state, this and combined with the fact that our GM @Enorama is one of the friendliest people I've worked with so far, you can always talk to him about anything and he'll listen, this is what made my decision so easy, earning the title of becoming the first captain of a new franchise is something that goes in the history books, and the trust he's put into me was something I hadn't experienced before, and the attitude he's shown with managing the team thus far has showed me that he's in it for the long run, and in that regard we share the same vision, I'm here for the long run - to win championships, and I have no doubt that D.C will be in the running for one soon."
"What was the negotiation process like?"
"Really simple, he approached me before the season asking whether or not I wanted an extension right away, I told him that I'd like to focus on the season ahead and talk about that stuff later, he agreed. Fast forward to the end of the season and I knew right away that there's not even a negotiation needed, the group we have here are all studs and I'm excited to work along them for the foreseeable future. I contacted him saying "extension - max length, sounds good?" he replied with "done."
"How important is a relationship like that between a GM and a player?"
"It's really important to be able to speak to your GM and them being able to listen to your concerns/problems and give back feedback, I am lucky to have share the same vision with Eno, he puts the trust in me to lead the team during the difficult beginning, and with that I completely trust him to continue molding this newly introduced team into a championship-caliber franchise."
"Do you have any words for the D.C Dragons fans?"
"Absolutely.. you guys are a fantastic bunch, the energy you give us during the games is nothing that I've experienced anywhere, I am super proud to wear this jersey and I'm ready to bring you guys championships. #96 isn't settling for mediocrity. 

This is exactly why I'd love to go to D.C. in the upcoming VHL draft.  I have found both GMs @Enorama and @McWolf just a joy to be around and I am all-in on their vision for the future of the Dragons.  I'm sure that I could be happy a lot of other places and will give 100% wherever I go, but in my heart, there is a hope that I hear D.C. calling my name on draft day.