2014 NHL Playoff Thread

no offense but the OT with LA vs San Jose was the worst hockey i've seen all season. good for SJ, but i bet they go down next round.

lmao not a chance dude. San Jose is a really, really good team. Best team in the West I've seen this year.

well - i guess you were correct.

haha first time i've tried to use the multiquote functionality. never said it posted. jesus h, matthew. get your shit together.

SUMMARY OF QUAD POST:

tyler's as big of an idiot as me for saying the sharks were the best team in the west

Sharks were one of the best regular season teams in the West. So was Anaheim. They are going to suffer a series loss here too. Regular season success means squat. If you make the playoffs that is all that matters. Have people really not figured that out yet? Blues dominated in the regular season, can't get it done against Hawks. Sharks same thing, collapse against the Kings. Tampa had a great regular season even after trading Marty and then they get Stamkos back? Get swept. Colorado made all these waves and they lose to a team with Bryz and a rookie goalie in net. 

Playoff hockey is a specific brand of hockey and that hasn't changed. Goal scoring can go up in some games but if you aren't prepared to play physical hard adaptive hockey your gone. That is why the status quo has been what it has regardless of if I or anyone else wants to see differently. It's why Bruins, Kings, Hawks, and to a lesser degree your Habs and your Pens win. 

If an individual is White, Brown, Black or whatever other colour he was born sporting on his skin, whether he be of Jewish, Catholic, an Atheist or any one of a number of religious followings; that does not open the door for criticism. The second one speaks their mind with hatred towards any of those races, religions or what have you, I tune them out.

To any athlete out there, competition does not merit an opportunity to scrutinize ones race or religion. One discredits himself when he resorts to a weak tactic.

So to any Boston fan or anyone supporting the off-ice words and reactions of B's racism, you will be muted.

I don't think Bourque is Hispanic haha. He is of native if my memory serves me correct. I've never had a native guy being associated with hispanic, but it might be a region classification thing.

Looks like "our extra attacker" showed up in the wrong jersey.

Well.. It's probably gonna be 1-0 Bruins after this.

What was up with Vanek today tho? 

Also, am I the only one who misses Bournival? And every time I go to say, take out Cube, he goes and scores a goal like that.

What was up with Vanek today tho? 

Also, am I the only one who misses Bournival? And every time I go to say, take out Cube, he goes and scores a goal like that.

Cube is better than Murray IMO, so I say you've gotta keep him in.

Cube is better than Murray IMO, so I say you've gotta keep him in.

Was personally going to say Tinner. Young big bodied guy who can play physical. Maybe someone to half take on the caveman that is Milan Lucic.