2014 NHL Playoff Thread

How was that not a penalty shot? Stepan cleared the puck cleanly with his hand, but he put his two hands on the puck after that.

How was that not a penalty shot? Stepan cleared the puck cleanly with his hand, but he put his two hands on the puck after that.

Not at all. Watch the replay again. He swept the puck from the crease, he never closed his hand on the puck.

Not at all. Watch the replay again. He swept the puck from the crease, he never closed his hand on the puck.

Yeah, the sweep was clean, but I though that there:

stepan10.png

He closed his hands on it to protect it, but I just watched the replay and the puck was not even there, it's my bad.

Hate to say it but I think your hate for Stepan and Kreider got in the way, which it shouldn't since they did nothing illegal in the Habs series.

I don't hate Stepan.. I have no reason to, really. I just thought the puck was there and that he put his hands on it.

Even if NY eliminated Montreal, I couldn't give any less fucks about who wins the cup this year. I'm a big fan of Doughty, Brown and Kopitar and on the other side, I really wish a cup for D.Moore, Marty and Hank.

So Quick comes out of the blue paint to make a save (there was white ice between his back leg and the crease) and Pouliot gets called for goalie interference. I tell you the refing and favouritism they show to the Kings is somewhat taking away from this series for me. They basically punish Pouliot for skating in a legal zone. 

"He made no effort to avoid Quick" - Glen Healey. 

Glen, he doesn't have to make an attempt he is skating outside the crease establishing position. Bullshit really.

So Quick comes out of the blue paint to make a save (there was white ice between his back leg and the crease) and Pouliot gets called for goalie interference. I tell you the refing and favouritism they show to the Kings is somewhat taking away from this series for me. They basically punish Pouliot for skating in a legal zone. 

"He made no effort to avoid Quick" - Glen Healey. 

Glen, he doesn't have to make an attempt he is skating outside the crease establishing position. Bullshit really.

While I agree with you about that rule, I don't think that is specifically Kings bias. I mean refs have screwed up on that call tons over the last few seasons. After Ryan Miller got run by Lucic when he ran out of his net it's pretty much been a common thing to call now. They don't seem to care where the player is or the goalie, if the player doesn't try to avoid the goalie it's a penalty unless pushed into the net. 

Woo Carter/Richards/Williams.

A giant FU to the kool-aid drinking fans in Philly who slurped up that "Dry Island" shit.

uhhhh aren't the kings literally debating buying out richards? I'm 99 percent sure there was talk of this lol

Edited by Tyler

Wow! I won the Montreal Cup at the Midget B level and it was the greatest day of my whole entire life, I can't imagine what it must be to win the Stanley Cup.

Huge props to LA!

Next step: The NHL Draft! Probably the greatest day(s) of the off-season!

Aren't you a Devils fan? lol, shouldn't you be happy we beat your rivals?

GO KINGS!! SO PROUD.

He's a closet Canuck fan but he's going to hide that up by saying how he hates the way the Kings and Doughty act and seem cocky and how he hate Dustin Brown with a passion but then refer saying he has nothing against them and say something else to make him seem politically correct.

Would've rather see AV get a Cup than LA win again, even though he's on the Rangers. Oh well. Onto the draft and hopefully the Canucks not being fucking morons for once. Please don't draft Virtanen.

Aren't you a Devils fan? lol, shouldn't you be happy we beat your rivals?

GO KINGS!! SO PROUD.

Of course I like the fact the Rags never got one this time, just sucks it had to be the Kings to do it because I can't stand several of their players. Rivals yes, but I don't hate as many Rags as I do Kings.

808, you're an idiot. I'm not a Canucks fan at all. Apparently living in a city makes you a fan of a team? Logic fail.

To be honest hating some of the Kings because they act cocky and such is a perfect reason why someone may not like the Kings winning. Do I hate all Kings? Not at all, a large majority of the team I actually like. But several members piss me off. Just like several bandwagon things you say piss me off haha. There's a big reason I'm not a Nucks fan and thats because of their fan base among other things. I get to face the music every day during the regular season when they are mathematically still in it. At least I can stand Kyle because he has intelligent things to say instead of screaming and being asinine when his team loses. #Preach

Of course I like the fact the Rags never got one this time, just sucks it had to be the Kings to do it because I can't stand several of their players. Rivals yes, but I don't hate as many Rags as I do Kings.

808, you're an idiot. I'm not a Canucks fan at all. Apparently living in a city makes you a fan of a team? Logic fail.

To be honest hating some of the Kings because they act cocky and such is a perfect reason why someone may not like the Kings winning. Do I hate all Kings? Not at all, a large majority of the team I actually like. But several members piss me off. Just like several bandwagon things you say piss me off haha. There's a big reason I'm not a Nucks fan and thats because of their fan base among other things. I get to face the music every day during the regular season when they are mathematically still in it. At least I can stand Kyle because he has intelligent things to say instead of screaming and being asinine when his team loses. #Preach

I could care less what team's "fan" you are. It was meant in a light hearted joke but if you want to go ahead and call me an "idiot" and get defensive for something so petty, it speaks more ill about your character as a person than it does mine.

Edited by 8Ovechkin8