2014 NHL Playoff Thread

Tampa had like 22 shots in a game they had to win. They fucked themselves over lol.

Sweeeep.

Don't act like this series wasn't marred by inconsistent calls though.

Boubabi, take the rose coloured glasses off for a second. Just because Desharnais goes down, doesn't mean it's a penalty. Half the things that should've been called on the Habs weren't called, and the same for the Lightning. We aren't arguing that, we are arguing the consistency from the refs, if you can't understand that then you need to go look at replays. Both teams were getting away with tons, but then they call a very light penalty in the final 2 minutes? Seems rather silly.

Y U HEFF TO BE MAD, IZ ONLY GAME?

See this is why I can't take your NHL opinion serious sometimes. Both Devise and I aren't mad, we are making an observation over the lack of consistency in reffing, something you often complain about more than anyone. So if you want us to listen to you with serious responses, I'd suggest doing the same?

I agree with Kendrick's side. The refs throughout the game and basically the series were brutal.

Pretty dumb for them to call a weak penalty like that in the final minutes when they were letting everything else go for the most part.

Not a series I cared too much about, as I want the Bolts and Habs both to win.

I thought the Bolts deserved a better fate than a sweep, but Lindback didn't play to expectations. For a goalie his size, he sure is out of position often. Gudlevskis was a brick wall after taking over tonight. Stamkos couldn't do a whole lot, and looked still injured. We'll see what happens next year. Drouin should be able to step into that offensive line-up.

Edited by travhave

Ha, I figured as much. I had a feeling that the Sharks would not actually be happy about games 1 and 2. I said this before and I stand firm by it. There is nothing wrong with winning a game against a tough team. But humiliating them in the playoffs? All your doing is waking them up. All your doing is motivating them to out hit you, out play you, and return the favour. The moment Game 2 ended I called LA winning this series in 7. They are too tough and too motivated of a team to just sit back idly. Beating them in close games is fine but I feel owning them as bad as the Sharks did and running up the score was a mistake. We'll see how it works the rest of the series. 

All in all I don't think the series result would have been any different even if everything was called perfect. They fcked up nicely both sides.

Of course. I'd argue about screwing that goal in Game 3 and the penalty to end Game 4, but who knows where momentum goes from that.

Game three was the only game where it potentially screwed them of a game. I'll admit without knowing what happened at first replay I thought it was the right call. Only after the 2nd, 3rd replay did I actually see what happened, with Price diving into him and then flaying everywhere afterwards for no reason. Its really hard for refs to make that call just looking at it once in live play. This is more-so the leagues fault then the refs although I'd blame the refs too. After 7+ years in the league you'd think they'd have an eye for that.

Game three was the only game where it potentially screwed them of a game. I'll admit without knowing what happened at first replay I thought it was the right call. Only after the 2nd, 3rd replay did I actually see what happened, with Price diving into him and then flaying everywhere afterwards for no reason. Its really hard for refs to make that call just looking at it once in live play. This is more-so the leagues fault then the refs although I'd blame the refs too. After 7+ years in the league you'd think they'd have an eye for that.

Evene if you don't, that why they have REPLAY! I just don't understand how they can't get it right regardless.

Ha, I figured as much. I had a feeling that the Sharks would not actually be happy about games 1 and 2. I said this before and I stand firm by it. There is nothing wrong with winning a game against a tough team. But humiliating them in the playoffs? All your doing is waking them up. All your doing is motivating them to out hit you, out play you, and return the favour. The moment Game 2 ended I called LA winning this series in 7. They are too tough and too motivated of a team to just sit back idly. Beating them in close games is fine but I feel owning them as bad as the Sharks did and running up the score was a mistake. We'll see how it works the rest of the series.

You sound like the biased Don Cherry!

What are they supposed to do though? Let off and just try to coast til the buzzer sounds? HELL NO! I want them trying to set up plays and continue to compete 100% until the end of the game regardless of score. LA isn't gonna give up down 5-2 or 6-2 and there has been some pretty wild comebacks between these teams in recent years.

Jordan Nolan proving he is more of a pussy. gets up from a scrum, punches a guy in the face when he is trying to get up and skate away, then goes and cross checks a guy just for fun. This guy only does things when people aren't expecting to get cheapshotted.

See this is why I can't take your NHL opinion serious sometimes. Both Devise and I aren't mad, we are making an observation over the lack of consistency in reffing, something you often complain about more than anyone. So if you want us to listen to you with serious responses, I'd suggest doing the same?

The refs were awful, but the series is done and there's nothing we can do about it. I'm just fucking around because I don't have a horse in the race and I'm just enjoying watching hockey,

The refs were awful, but the series is done and there's nothing we can do about it. I'm just fucking around because I don't have a horse in the race and I'm just enjoying watching hockey,

I agree, I'm just saying you have to look at it both ways here Sandro.

You sound like the biased Don Cherry!

What are they supposed to do though? Let off and just try to coast til the buzzer sounds? HELL NO! I want them trying to set up plays and continue to compete 100% until the end of the game regardless of score. LA isn't gonna give up down 5-2 or 6-2 and there has been some pretty wild comebacks between these teams in recent years.

Eh throwing out your top PP guys when your up 6-2 isn't something I'd consider to keep doing. LA is one of those teams you don't want to give motivation to. They will cheap shot you, run your goalie, injure you. They were talking about this earlier on CBC but this is one of those tough series that because of the nature of how motivated both teams are to play the physical game if this series goes deep it could hurt both teams chances of going deep in the playoffs. I'm not saying San Jose should of just let off, but after you get a big enough lead I'd of just played smarter is all. 

Didn't read the earlier parts of this thread. Montreal pulls out the brooms, and prepares itself for a gritty showdown with either of the Red Wings or Bruins. Going to be quite the test.

Bruins please. Wanna see Montreal go up against a tougher team and see how they do.

Also if anyone was wondering with my earlier Moosehead comments... They were down 5-1 and ended up winning 6-5 in OT.

Bruins please. Wanna see Montreal go up against a tougher team and see how they do.

Also if anyone was wondering with my earlier Moosehead comments... They were down 5-1 and ended up winning 6-5 in OT.

Yeah but, Habbies are sure to get banged up against the B's. I'm all for the matchup, 'cuz we do well against them, but if we do get through them, they won't make it easy. Over a week of rest is a great thing though. has there been any word on Galchenyuk's return? and by that same token, does he even crack the lineup given how well our forward group has played in the four games?