TRADE ALERT! - MOS/DAV

Mr_Hatter

Who Won this Trade?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WU2GfAKeo6-tJxxA62dvCVGB9rVSSl2q02c7C8FVAOyA3K_h_5Zsbon_K25jF0IOrPhcgGMmjUvV1dK4rk795gJtPdbtVkFE6V1cRPIKG74bKcybISux-YpLWCiRjJdkp2HXcq28

Trade Details

To: Moscow Menace

Finn Davison

To: HC Davos Dynamo

S70 MOS 1st

---------------------

Analysis

With deadline day approaching, Moscow has taken steps to secure a veteran goaltender for their cup push this season, sending a first-round pick back the way of HC Davos. Finn Davison, the goalie in question, will without a doubt tighten up the Menace’s otherwise porous defence, which has allowed the 3rd most goals so far this season. For the Dynamo, with this season already a write-off and Davison presumably headed off to free agency in the offseason, it makes sense to recoup some value out of their assets. Due to the current goaltender situation amongst competing teams, there wasn’t much of a market outside of Moscow for Davison, and as such Davos has presumably gotten all that they could have out of this trade with Moscow's first-round pick of the S70 draft. 

Essentially, the value of this trade boils down to the outcome. Can Davison become the final piece to Moscow’s puzzle? If so, this looks like a really valuable trade; winning a cup in exchange for a late first-round pick is probably a great move. If not, they may have given away a potential star for essentially nothing, as they have sophomore goalie Raymond Bernard continuing to develop and will likely not resign Davison for the future. 

---------------------

Get-to-Know the Players

Finn Davison

Last season’s goaltender of the year, winning both the Aidan Shaw and Greg Clegane trophies, Finn Davison is an elite VHL goaltender. Despite having somewhat middling statistics early on in his career, the veteran goalie has grown into his game with his standout performances during the last regular season. Selected at 17th overall in S64, Davison has proved a very valuable asset for HC Davos. He was an integral part of their stingy defense in S68 along with prior Dynamo teammate, defenseman Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen, with whom he is now reunited, along with another old teammate in Gritty. Look to this trade as a postseason rental, as it is unlikely Moscow will want to shift the salary necessary to retain Davison for his final two seasons in the VHL, but for the meantime, the Menace is getting a real star to mind the net.

VSN Writer Mr_Hatter

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but Davos certainly won this trade.  We get a 1st round pick who will hopefully be a difference maker for a goalie that management decided to move.  It's really going to backfire if Moscow doesn't go deep or win it all.

4 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Yea tie should be an option i think this one was pretty fair for both sides

I agree haha but I like to force people to choose :P

• Admin
19 hours ago, Brrbisbrr said:

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but Davos certainly won this trade.  We get a 1st round pick who will hopefully be a difference maker for a goalie that management decided to move.  It's really going to backfire if Moscow doesn't go deep or win it all.

There was a first part involving Petrovic and a 2nd which means the price is cheaper than it looks.

I wish there was a third "tie" option, because both teams make a valuable move here.

Despite this seeming like a bad value trade, this was the second part of a trade. Part 1 was petrovic for a 2nd, so there wasnt a market at all, we just agreed earlier that we would make this move to balance the value

On 12/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, Brrbisbrr said:

Conversely, when Moscow goes deep and wins it all this turns into the 12 pick