San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 7/31/2022 or 8/7/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. Hello everyone! Welcome to the team! How has your first week been? (Hi Minion how was your week?)

2. As I write this we need to catch up 9 points in 8 games on Saskatoon to make the playoffs. Do we do it?

3. As we approach the off-season, what else does your player like to do in their spare time?

4. We have a lot of contenders, with at least 5 teams capable of winning the VHLM championship this season. Who are you placing your bets on?

5. With 8 games to go in the season, what is your goal for these last games to close out the season?

6. What is your definition of a perfect weekend?

@Minion
@BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

20 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. Hello everyone! Welcome to the team! How has your first week been? (Hi Minion how was your week?)
 My first week has been great! It was a bit overwhelming at first to absorb all of the information about the league, but I think I’m getting the hang of it.

2. As I write this we need to catch up 9 points in 8 games on Saskatoon to make the playoffs. Do we do it?
 I definitely think we can. Considering we won both our games yesterday, I think that’s a sign we can keep the positive streak going.

3. As we approach the off-season, what else does your player like to do in their spare time?

Lachlan would spend his spare time playing video games or baking any kind of sweet/dessert he finds interesting.

4. We have a lot of contenders, with at least 5 teams capable of winning the VHLM championship this season. Who are you placing your bets on?

I think overall, the Kings have a good chance of winning the championship. But I hope the Marlins can make a playoff run if we manage it, of course.

5. With 8 games to go in the season, what is your goal for these last games to close out the season?

Lachlan still needs his first win in net! So I’m definitely hoping for that. Also for the Marlins to finish the season out strong.

Honestly, my perfect weekend would be one spent at home relaxing with all the time in the world to myself.

3 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

The first week playing for the San Diego Marlins has been fantastic, having an opportunity to play on the top lines has really given me chance to prove myself in the VHLM having been able to put up 15 points in 12 league games. Looking to make more improvements before we move into the S87 draft.

The rest of the season is definitely going to be a challenge but I'm confident that the signings the GM has made will give us the opportunity to contend for a spot. I have to point out Minions fantastic goal tending stats for this season so far, definitely a key contributor in getting us back into the play-off race.

This season has been a massive grind on and off the ice with strict dieting and training regimes. The off-season will be a great opportunity to take full advantage really boosting my abilities. In the time where I'm not training I generally spend it with friends and family, and of course I love a game of golf.

I have to say that the Las Vegas Aces have had an extremely dominant performance in the regular season and will definitely be a force to be reckoned with. However, I'm not going to count the Marlins out with the additions made I think if we can squeak into the play-offs we should have a very competitive game and can hopefully take home some hardware this season.

It's important to win, we're 9 points back so it's definitely achievable but will be a difficult task. So obviously putting up points is going to be the main target for me in our remaining games. However, I do want to work on my two-way game and be more responsible in the defensive zone.

Hockey, Hockey and more Hockey. I truly love the sport and couldn't ask for a better job.

@Minion @BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

3 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Okay when do I start

That is soon

Okay

Yeah my first week was fun we did heff bad games and sometimes good games

We can maby do it with some luck

I like to relax and draw or with my parents 

Mexico city kings 

Just to play good 

Just to chil and heff fun with the team

@Minion @BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

2 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

The first week as been so fun and exciting! Even if I didn't put up the points I wanted to I was still glad to be on a team with so many friendly people.

I think It's possible. We're gonna have to play pretty hard to catch up and pull ahead.

My player enjoys reading, trying out other sports and occasionally playing video games. I think most of the off-season will be spent going over games and trying to improve his game.

I think the most common answer is gonna be the Las Vegas Aces but I wanna say the Philadelphia Reapers are gonna take it.

I'd really like to bring my +/- into the positives not a big goal but it's something I really wanna see for myself.

Rainy, snacks, and video games with friends. Something fun with friends that takes you away for a bit.

@Minion
@BabeBaptista  @CreamTeam  @Novanod  @vincentlg2007  @Bedirhan  @Zylen  @Mint  @John Cimarno  @sadie  @TxtBammer  @CODENAMEJIMMY  @kirbithan

5 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Hi! my first week has been very fun and eventful.

I think we're capable of doing it because it doesn't mean we have to win every single games just at least 50% of them.

John Richards likes to hang out with the team and play NHL 22 in his spare time.

If we make the playoffs I vote us all the way no doubt but if we somehow miss the playoffs I'd place my bets on Mexico City.

I want to finish the season strong and hopefully have a couple goals to show for my efforts as I am shooting almost 4 shots per game.

My definition of a perfect weekend would be hanging out with some friends or watching a live NHL game.

@Minion

7 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

The first week was great. Although my personal schedule was busy, I met a bunch of new players and got to see my player score a goal (I had no expectations for what my player would do, so I am happy to see him score one)

I'm not gonna be 100% confident that we can catch up but I would like to see us catch up and get into the playoffs. Saskatoon is on a 3 game losing streak, so if they keep losing we have a very good chance.

Ben Dover plays video games, and lots of them 

I'd like to see Mississauga win the VHLM championship

Get ready for next season when my player is in for a full season of VHLM hockey.

To just relax all weekend. 
@Minion

9 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

My week has been very good- I’m happy about meeting great new people and getting to have a couple wins this week.

I think we can absolutely make the playoffs. This team definitely has the determination to get it done.

Sadie loves reading and playing piano in her free time. Outside, she hikes and skis a lot as well.

I’m going with Vegas- they have a huge point lead coming into the end of the season as well and that success may well continue into the playoffs.

I want us to make a playoff push and hopefully succeed, and I am hoping for some individual success as well.

A weekend where I can relax and listen to music/one that is spent outside skiing with my friends.
@Minion

On 7/31/2022 at 10:35 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

Good week thanks for asking hope yours was also great

Making the playoffs is always great and you can always be an cinderella team but most of the time a wild card team doesn't make it far but I don't think there is a draft lottery on this VHL so there's no inconvinience ( man i spelled that so wrong but i'm french so I don't know how to spell it ) in trying to get that Playoff spot and my player is gonna use his 100% to try and get it 

My player likes to travel around the world and visit different cultures something that he has the money to do in the off-season with the proffesional athlete salary

As I said last time i've not really looked at it but i'm still gonna go with the thing I said for underdog and say the reapers 

My goal is to at least get 2 goals I hope I could and also maybe win 5 games out of 8 that would be nice 

Going to a sports game and visiting that city with a victory from the team I support in a good game

SAN DIEGO MARLINS (ft. the JST) PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 8/7/2022 or 8/14/2022

1. The VHLM season has ended, so now it's the final stretch until the VHLM draft. How do you plan to stand out above your peers come draft time?

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament begins this week! What is the coolest team name? (Clue, Brigade, Steel, Warriors, Royals)

3. There seems to be a bit of a goaltending crisis, with more eligible goaltenders than positions for the VHLM this coming season. What is one idea to help remedy that?

4. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?

5. Who is someone in your life that you appreciate? How come?

6. It is blazing hot, at least where I am. What is an underrated indoor activity?

@Minion

Edited by jacobcarson877

4 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

1. The VHLM season has ended, so now it's the final stretch until the VHLM draft. How do you plan to stand out above your peers come draft time?
 I plan to earn as much TPE as I can every week so that GMs hopefully see that and draft me higher. I think I have been doing an okay job on that so far.

2. The Junior Showcase Tournament begins this week! What is the coolest team name? (Clue, Brigade, Steel, Warriors, Royals)
 Brigade is a cool name because I think it's fairly unique- I don't ever see teams with that name. Team Clue is a close second.

3. There seems to be a bit of a goaltending crisis, with more eligible goaltenders than positions for the VHLM this coming season. What is one idea to help remedy that?

Teams could possibly be allowed to carry an extra goalie or a position switches could happen for the goalies who don't get picked and they could redistribute their TPE.

The best thing that happened to me was going on a couple hikes, which I haven't done in a while.

I appreciate my best friend a lot. I can tell her anything and she is always there to hang out or talk with me.

6. It is blazing hot, at least where I am. What is an underrated indoor activity?
I like to play video games or read on the hot days- reading is underrated. Also make sure to hydrate!
@Minion

18 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Just train hard as all ways 

Royals

Send some to higher division 

Playing with my team mates 

My mom or my dad my mom is more a gangster because she is geto and my dad because he is nice I can't pick one 

Playing a board game at least in turkey and my family 

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

With the amount of goaltenders, I have to give it my all to stand out, especially. But I plan to do that by being a consistent TPE earner and putting all my effort I can into everything I post on the forum.

The coolest team name is Team Clue, mostly because it seems to be inspired by the board game, which happens to be one of my favorites.

One idea to potentially remedy the goaltender crisis is by identifying any goaltenders who want to switch positions due to the large number and accommodate them so they can redistribute their TPE. But honestly, it's such a difficult question to answer and find solutions to.

I got Lego Star Wars on the Nintendo Switch!

Someone in my life I appreciate is my dad. It seems like whenever I need anything, he's always there to help out no matter what.

An underrated indoor activity is putting together large puzzles. I personally love solving them and seeing the end product all together.

1 hour ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Continue what I’m doing and making myself known by the gm’s on the discord and get my TPE

Clue is a very unique  name and sounds good, Brigade sounds solide and still pretty original, Steel is a iconic name but still manage to be good everytime, Warriors again an iconic name in the sports world but still a powerful name, Royals sounds powerful and sends goosebumps 

I’m not really a goalie so this doesn’t really affect me but for the goalies that are affected by it I think they should either work to have their own team and be sure to play or work hard enough to show teams my they deserve a spot 

I went to a Cf Mtl game in the mls Saturday 

My dogs they’re cool and funny 

Underrated indoor activity? I’d say sometimes just resisting in bed yes it’s simple but still so affective and useful 
@Minion

10 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Not to sound pessimistic or anything but many of my peers are great players and even greater people. I'll do my best to earn TPE and be a part of the community here but my peers are really some great competition.

I think Brigade. In my opinion the name makes the team feel like more of a cohesive unit

That a pretty tough problem to solve. The first thing that comes to mind is to make another league but then we would have a shortage of players I would imagine. I don't wanna suggest something that would leave someone not playing the position they want.

Rained almost all week, cooled my town right off.

My mother, she's always encouraged me to be more.

Cooking. I know it kind of contradicts the hot weather but it's something I always enjoy.
@Minion

On 8/7/2022 at 11:42 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

I plan on earning copious amounts of TPE and doing so consistently.

I'd say that the Warriors have the coolest name. I'm a big fan of their logo as well.

Add an extra slot to the roster or allow them to create new players.

I took my family out to eat at a nice Italian restaurant and we all had a great time.  

My wife because she is good to me and I love her.

Cooking! A lot of people claim they can't cook but as with everything else you've got to start somewhere.

Well I've been in contact with some veteran to help me navigate thru the system. I am pretty confident I will be able to get my fair share of points and demontrate my skill in the  upcoming tournament.

Of course, I am bleeding Brigades so... does this answer your question?

Add another goal on each side of the rink would make the game more exciting, we hould also play with four pucks.

Being drafted felt pretty special. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I've worked so hard since yesterday to make this happen.

I have to thank both of my cat's who have been tremendous mental support thru the pandemic. B.B. Pinotte, P'tit-Poulet, this one is for you.

Not paying rent and try to avoid your landlord. Kinda like a sneak and deceive game. My best streak is 7 days. But I'm looking foward for next month. 

Also I have a Steam Deck

Edited by OliMcGee

On 8/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, jacobcarson877 said:

I plan on getting as much TPE as I can to be one of the best or better prospects heading into the draft.

I think the coolest name is the Warriors.

I think it was going to happen either way because apparently last year there weren't many tendies but one way to help it is try to persuade new members into choosing a forward or defense build as opposed to a tendie.

I went on a fishing trip and caught absolutely nothing but I had fun going anyways.

I appreciate my father because he works hard for my sister and I and still makes time to take us camping and fishing etc.

I think the most underrated indoor activity for hot days is to chill out and watch some TV.

@Minion

Week Ending 8/14/2022 or 8/21/2022

1. How are you feeling about your performance in the JST so far?

2. Who do you think has the upper hand in the VHLM Finals, the Aces or the 21st?

3. Would you rather lose in the first round or the finals?

4. What is a personal goal of yours for next season?

5. Who is 1 person you hope to be on a team with next season?

6. What is one place you've always wanted to visit?

@Minion

6 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I feel I started off good but dropped off a little. Hoping to bring my production up in week 2.

2. Who do you think has the upper hand in the VHLM Finals, the Aces or the 21st?
 I think the Aces do just because to me they were far and away the best team all season.

I'd rather get bounced in the finals that way you get experience and can come back stronger the following season.

A personal goal of mine for next season is to become a more reliable scoring option and become a much more consistent player for the team I end up on.

I can't choose one so I will choose 2 Kirbithan and Sadie St Louis

I've always wanted to visit Florida just because that's where Tampa Bay is.
@Minion

17 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Overall, I’m feeling good about my performance. A strong 34 save game yesterday always makes a goaltender feel confident. Though the other two games I started today were a bit rough. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

The Aces are the clear favorites, so they have the upper hand on paper.

I would rather lose in the first round. Losing in the finals is absolutely heartbreaking and would make me think more about what could have been. 

A personal goal of mine for next season is to earn consistently and hopefully see my stats improve in net.

This is such a difficult question because I have multiple people I’d want to be on the same team with! So I’m going to say both Sadie St-Louis and John Richards. 

I have always wanted to visit Tokyo, Japan!

Edited by kirbithan

2 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I do it good in the jst im playing there just good for a second string 

Aces

First round

Play good

One of the old marlins team mate

Scotland 

12 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

So far I'm pretty satisfied. I've got a few goals and some helpers which is more than I expected if I'm honest.

I'm gonna have to go with the Aces. They've got a lot of top players on their team.

It goes without saying I don't want to lose at all but if I had to chose I would lose in the finals. I wanna go as deep into the playoffs as I can go.

I want to start earning max TPE. That way I can become a speedy two-way forward faster.

Sigma Frued, by some chance we were drafted to the same JST team back to back which is amazing. He's a good friend of mine and I hope to be on the same team again next season.

Vancouver. I've never been to a big city like that before and it's also the home of my favorite team.

15 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Pretty well bit disappointed in my goal scoring but overall I’m sitting at more than a ppg and our line/team  is doing very well.

I’m gonna say the Aces simply because there GF/GA ratio in the regular season was exceptional while still having a decent offensive team 

As an Habs fan I’d still say the finals especially with the Cinderella story the habs had in 2021 because being in the finals means you’re the 2nd best team while losing in the first round means that you’re like 16th best team also a longer playoff run means more experience and playing time and with those  extra games and experience if you play well you can guarantee a spot on a team the next season  if you’re a bottom 9 player  

Well currently My comparative is Dominik Kubalik but in the same kind of player ( somehow) I’m trying to reach a Max Pacioretty or Alex Ovechkin comparative in the VHLM ( 30+ goals) and after that I’ll work on the defense 

As much as I like my Marlins and Pickle teammate I’d wish to be on the same team as my current Pickle linemates since the point production is astronomical and we’re 2nd in the power rankings 

I’ve always wished to visit Monte-Carlo I know it’s not the most touristic city and that there’s not that much amusement spot but the view looks incredible and saying “ yeah I’ve been to Monte-Carlo/Monaco” sounds luxurious 
@Minion