San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending 2/6/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. How's everyone feeling about the start of the season?
2. After the first win of the season, Babuska was seen at a nearby bar, completely smashed and losing about 200 dollars to DJ Fire Dragon in darts. Any thoughts?
3. If there was to be a VHLM all star game, who would the early representative from the Marlins be?

4. Though our record is one of the worst in the league, Ivan Retoslav and Landon Wolanin both are top ten in scoring (Wolanin also top ten in goals, Retoslav top ten in assists), thoughts on their performances?

5. NHL Question, Does Elias Pettersson get traded from the Canucks at any point soon?
6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Let’s Go Marlins! @Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss@devinmackie37@Brodie_Landry@gh0st15@hunter_stl

1. Well you know a slow start to the szn but I’m happy to be here from Saskatoon, put up 4 points in my first game and I’m obviously looking to do the same thing again 

2.I would rather not comment on that 

3. I would say Ivan or Landon but it’s a open spot

4. well you know the boys are bussin I’ll give them the credit there but it’s a whole team effort, got guys around them but at the end of the day, put up 100 points does not mean anything if your not winning games

5. no chance at all, petty Is the top of the franchise, I don’t see him leaving 

6. get outta here

1. I feel pretty good, we're still even with our record which is a good thing.

2. Well, Retoslav did that after his first goal in the JST so I can't really comment on that.

3. I would say either me or Wolanin. We've both been having amazing seasons.

4. I think we have both done great!

5. No chance, he is their best player.

6. No... just no...

1. We have started off slow and that is never what you want, but there is still a lot of hockey left.

2. It happens to the best of us.

3. Right now it has to be Ivan or Landon.

4. They have been incredible. It is great to have those two out there playing on your team.

5. No. He’s a great player you have to keep him.

6. No, it is just not a sandwich.

7 minutes ago, hunter_stl said:

1. We have started off slow and that is never what you want, but there is still a lot of hockey left.

2. It happens to the best of us.

3. Right now it has to be Ivan or Landon.

4. They have been incredible. It is great to have those two out there playing on your team.

5. No. He’s a great player you have to keep him.

6. No, it is just not a sandwich.

we all have the same opinion lol

1. well slower start for sure, but season is long.
2.Well happends, DJ Fire dragon spent them on the bar later anyway, thats what i heard.
3. Landon probably, he is having a great start this season.
4.they are the leaders of the team rn, hope they will be between top players at the end of the season too.
5. probably not, he is the future of canucks
6. no...no... just no

On 2/4/2022 at 6:53 PM, TheNeonShaman said:

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending 2/6/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1. How's everyone feeling about the start of the season?
2. After the first win of the season, Babuska was seen at a nearby bar, completely smashed and losing about 200 dollars to DJ Fire Dragon in darts. Any thoughts?
3. If there was to be a VHLM all star game, who would the early representative from the Marlins be?

4. Though our record is one of the worst in the league, Ivan Retoslav and Landon Wolanin both are top ten in scoring (Wolanin also top ten in goals, Retoslav top ten in assists), thoughts on their performances?

5. NHL Question, Does Elias Pettersson get traded from the Canucks at any point soon?
6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Let’s Go Marlins! @Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss@devinmackie37@Brodie_Landry@gh0st15@hunter_stl

1. I am surprised that we are doing this well. I though we were gonna get completely smashed this season but I am glad we getting some wins.

2. Shiiitttt, I got pretty smashed

3. Probably Ivan Retoslav and Landon Wolanin

4. As I said, it been surprisingly great performance by us this season

5. I don't think so

6. If you make it into a sandwich

1)I am feeling good personally, happy with my players performance, just wish we won a couple more games. 

2) lol that's risky, good to see competition on and off the ice though

3)Landon is sniping in the goals, so I would say he has a great chance

4) Great start for them, I am happy to play on their line and contribute with them. 

5)I heard the Canucks don't want to deal him, but are open to pretty much everyone else. Maybe Hughes to NJ???

6)Kinda lol

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE :sdm:

Week Ending 2/13/2022

Answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE, all 6 for 2. 

1.  What are your thoughts on the blockbuster trade with Saskatoon? Are you excited the team is rebuilding to contend in Season 83?
2. What are your aspirations this season for you as a member on the forum and your player in the sim? Do you have any goals or just going with the flow?
3. I know it's still early but who do you feel has been the mvp of San Diego this season?

4. Right now we're running all offense strategies? How do you feel about that? Is that fair to @Firekiss Dj Fire Dragon? Is there any player you'd like to play with?

5. NHL Question, which is your favourite team and for how long?
6. Favourite pet and why? (Fish count)

Let’s Go Marlins! @Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss@devinmackie37@Brodie_Landry@gh0st15@hunter_stl@Vxoxz

Edited by Frank

12 minutes ago, Frank said:

Week Ending 2/13/2022

1.  What are your thoughts on the blockbuster trade with Saskatoon? Are you excited the team is rebuilding to contend in Season 83?
2. What are your aspirations this season for you as a member on the forum and your player in the sim? Do you have any goals or just going with the flow?
3. I know it's still early but who do you feel has been the mvp of San Diego this season?

4. Right now we're running all offense strategies? How do you feel about that? Is that fair to @Firekiss Dj Fire Dragon? Is there any player you'd like to play with?

1. I am excited that the team is aiming for a championship in S83, howver I did not like that trade very much because it brought down the team by quite a bit.

2. I am kinda just going with the flow, my original goal was 100 points this season, but I don't think I will hit that now.

3. Probably between me and Wolanin.

4. I don't think that DJ is being treated fairly, as much as I enjoy scoring points, I think we are kind of leaving him out to dry.

5. SEATTLE, since they announced that Seattle was getting a team.

6. D O G, they are very friendly and are fun to play with.

1. It was a good move for the next season, we can bring som strong players ion the draft. So we have to fight in this season for the good results. And the rookies get more ice time too.
2.going with the flow, i have no goals, just to get a good chemistry with guys. And curious too how much points can i get at the end of the season.
3.hard to choose, but i think i go with Wolanin. After the trade he became our scoring leader.
4.Well not so fair, in some games we should help him more.
5.since i was a kid, it was Senators. but as i got older i just enjoy a good hockey.
6. I dont have a favourite one, i like animals in general.

20 hours ago, Frank said:

Week Ending 2/13/2022

Let’s Go Marlins! @Otaznik@NJDevils24@eagle_3450@jacobcarson877@Jayrad28@BrutalBoost@Adrest245@Firekiss@devinmackie37@Brodie_Landry@gh0st15@hunter_stl@Vxoxz

1. I am excited we might contend even though I just joined the team, but I think the trade brought us down a bit.

2. My aspirations this season is to get ready and hopefully fit into this league so I’m just going with the flow.

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. my favorite team is the Boston Bruins bc that is the team I grew up with.

6. I like dogs or cats because I grew up

with them around me.

On 2/11/2022 at 10:40 PM, Frank said:

Week Ending 2/13/2022

1)I believe it was a fair trade for both sides. I am excited to see how strong the Marlins will be in S83! Hopefully I am apart of it.

2)I just want to constantly get tpe weekly, and hopefully finish the season as a ppg player as a rookie

3)Since Ivan has left I would say its Landon as of now.

4)As an offensive player, I am loving it and we have seen success with it as well. 

5)NJ Devils and since 2008. 

6)Dogs because they can literally be your friend haha

• 2 weeks later...

Week Ending 2/27/2022

1.  How happy are you with your player's performance up to this point in the season?
2. A bit early to think about it but what team are you looking to go to in the VHLE draft and why? If you have already been drafted then are you excited to play there?
3. We are currently 3rd last in the league, should we try to tank even more?

4. Way too early predictions for next season?

5. NHL Question, will the Canucks or even the Canadiens make the playoffs? (think about the Blues in 2019 when looking at the Canadiens)
6. Have you ever dipped a french fry in a milkshake, if so, thoughts?

Let’s Go Marlins!

On 2/25/2022 at 7:44 AM, TheNeonShaman said:

Week Ending 2/27/2022

1.  How happy are you with your player's performance up to this point in the season?
2. A bit early to think about it but what team are you looking to go to in the VHLE draft and why? If you have already been drafted then are you excited to play there?
3. We are currently 3rd last in the league, should we try to tank even more?

4. Way too early predictions for next season?

5. NHL Question, will the Canucks or even the Canadiens make the playoffs? (think about the Blues in 2019 when looking at the Canadiens)
6. Have you ever dipped a french fry in a milkshake, if so, thoughts?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss @BrutalBoost @Brodie_Landry @Jayrad28 @Radcow @JBrew42 @devinmackie37 @Vxoxz @hunter_stl

• 1 month later...

Week Ending 4/17/2022

First off, welcome everyone! First presser of the season let's get it!

1. What are you most excited for this upcoming season?

2. If you payed attention to the VHLM draft, who do you think the biggest steal was? If not, choose one from the VHL or VHLE drafts, or maybe even a most underrated NHL player.

3. What are your personal goals for your player this season?

4. What can Frank and I do to help you reach your goals?

5. What is your least favourite new attribute name?

6. What is your favourite hockey team? Or sports team in general?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss@BrutalBoost@Brodie_Landry@tcookie@Plate@BrockBoeser@weekz@Bruh@Snussu@Hoopydog@Creegan610@Zack@aleks@TrickyRicky58@MMFLEX@frescoelmo@DMaximus

20 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/17/2022

2. If you payed attention to the VHLM draft, who do you think the biggest steal was? If not, choose one from the VHL or VHLE drafts, or maybe even a most underrated NHL player.

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss@BrutalBoost@Brodie_Landry@tcookie@Plate@BrockBoeser@weekz@Bruh@Snussu@Hoopydog@Creegan610@Zack@aleks@TrickyRicky58@MMFLEX@frescoelmo@DMaximus

1. To start my new career ! 

2. I think an underrated player in the NHL is Joel Edmundson or the montreal Canadiens! He is a really good player with a big leadership 

3. try to do my best and make the more points possible 

4. just keep active and boost us to do our task 

5. Wrist shot 

6. Montreal Canadiens for sure, I love them since I am a kid 

11 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/17/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1) Playing, 

2) Joined after the draft, have no clue who was a steal.  Underrated NHL player Michael bunting (going to be passed up for rookie of the year due to his age)

3) Playing

4) Tell me how this thing works

5) They have names?

6) Maple Leafs 

11 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/17/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. The locker room is already a blessing and being part of it is an amazing experience.
2. I think Joachim Bryngelson is a complete beauty to get so late in the draft. His ceiling might not be very high but his incredible skill right now. 

3. My goal is to have a better +/- than the number of points my player gets.
4. Just keep doing you and pushing the team to be better.
5. I think offensive vision isn't really indicative of both shooting and passing. Would rather something like Offensive Creativity or something along those lines. 
6. I am a Bruins fan bar none. Insert Marchand crying GIF here.

1. I’m most looking forward to having a clean slate with a new club. I strongly believe that with my skill set paired with my size, I’ll really be able to dish out a pounding every game. I like to model my fame after that of Tom Wilson’s, and I believe I’ll be able to climb the ranks quickly if I give it a full effort every night. 

2. Without a doubt, I would have to say I was the biggest steal of the draft. I’m going to make every other team in the league regret overlooking me once they see me helicoptering my way up the ranks. 

3. My main goal for the season, aside from winning, is to be a versatile and balanced player for the club so I’ll be able to slide in and out of any line on the roster. I’m hoping for the same amount of goals as shots, while throwing my meat around via hits and/or fights. 

4. I’m still fighting this out as I go, so I may need some help on how I can get the most points for my player as possible.

5. My least favorite new attribute would have to be the “Grit.”  I feel that I’ve always been maxed out as it is, but I don’t see how this can be applied to a hockey simulator. Just my opinion though…

6. I grew up a Penguins fan but adopted the Golden Knights since I lived in Vegas for a considerable amount of time. I have also taken a liking to the Kraken as I have lived most of my life in the PNW. I now follow all three but my heart will always be with the Pens. 

17 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/17/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. Winning the cup 

2. I'm the biggest steal at 40.

3. 30 points

4. Say good morning every day without missing a single one.

5. Idk the old names

6. Philadelphia Flyers 

On 4/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, jacobcarson877 said:

Week Ending 4/17/2022

Let’s Go Marlins!

1. I'm most excited to see how all the new builds get on this season as it's really hard to create a decent gap of between scoring and passing at this level.

2. We managed to get Bryngelson at 28th which was a good pick since he was the top TPE center in the draft.

3. I want to be one of the best forwards in the league. I know that's a big goal but I think I can achieve it with the marlins this season.

4. Just a chance to shine on the team and enough ice-time to do so.

5. I'm not that big a fan of defensive coverage to be honest. Or poise, always a terrible attribute.

6. My fav team is my local team the Glasgow Clan  but my fav NHL team is the Tampa Bay Lightning.

SAN DIEGO MARLINS PRESS CONFERENCE 

Week Ending 4/24/2022

1. Who do you think scores the first regular season goal for the Marlins this season?

2. What are your thoughts on seafood?

3. Are you a fan of having a VHLM preseason? Or would you rather just dive into the regular season?

4. What is your favourite holiday?

5. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to be good at, but never could be for whatever reason?

6. If there was a movie about your player, who would play them?

Let’s Go Marlins!

@Firekiss   @BrutalBoost @Brodie_Landry @tcookie @Plate @BrockBoeser @weekz @Bruh @Snussu @Hoopydog @Creegan610 @Zack @aleks  @MMFLEX @frescoelmo