San Diego Marlins Press Conference

Oatex

10 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

1. How did your first week of the season go?

2. Do you think there is anything we can  do to improve or keep up the momentum?

3. Are you happy with how you played this past week?

4. Is there anyone in the VHL that you look up to or strive to be like?

5. How is your NHL team currently doing this season?

6. What is the best joke you know?

1. Great! Adam is looking Beautiful.

2. I think we just gotta stay consistent, we found a formula and we just gotta get it done.

3. Yes, Adam is a beauty!

4. not really, but there are a lot of amazing people here. 

5.  Leafs are looking good little scary at points, but ya.

6. The only joke I know is Toronto sports. :( 

51 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

Great! I think everyone is playing their part and I'm really grateful to be apart of this organization.

2. Do you think there is anything we can do to improve or keep up the momentum?

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Yes, absolutely. I haven't had much puck luck but I couldn't be happier.

Oh, man. There's so much talent in the VHL. I'd have to say Brian Payne because he dominates the blue line. People always know to look out when he's out there and that's the type of presence I'd like to be on the ice.

Excellent. It's only Seattle's second year in the NHL but there's a lot of potential on that team.

The other day I went to McDonald's and ate a kids meal. His mom was pissed.

2 hours ago, aimkin said:

2. Do you think there is anything we can  do to improve or keep up the momentum?

1.  Went well I think!  Scoring more goals than I thought Leonard would, especially when he is supposed to be a playmaker lol 

2.  Nothing to improve on I'd say!  Our record speaks for itself at the moment and everyone seems to be contributing.

3.  Got a second hat trick and am above a point per game so I am happy.  The team doing well is the main goal!

4.  Not really.  I am hoping to carve my own path to recognition with my graphics and activity on the forums.

5.  Lower than expected.  I am an Oilers fan so there is nothing but Lord Stanley's Cup ahead.  Playing inconsistently and unfortunately, Campbell isn't in form yet.  Skinner is playing well but we should easily be winning games by a few goals.  Fun to watch though!

6.  The moth joke by the late, great Norm MacDonald.  It is on YouTube if anyone is interested!

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

on paper i'm more than a point per game but i'm not happy with my points especially my number of goals. The team has been brilliant tho  

I honestly don't think so 

Yes! very happy! Just kidding i'm not 

Well I'd like to have my own legacy and do things my way without taking inspiration on anyone but Landon Wolanin aka Jacob having been my gm since I arrived i'd have to say him 

Honestly it's been way more then expected for mtl 

Well I don't laugh at good jokes I laugh at fart video that's my humour 

but this trash video made me laugh way more than it should have yesterday

I think it went pretty well, I'm doing how I expected and the team is rocking it.

I think we all just have to keep working hard.  We are starting out strong but other teams will be playing catch up.

Yeah, I'm leading the team in shots blocked and despite not really being an offensive minded person am managing a little over a point per game.

Not really, but that isn't to say there are not great people here.  

The Avalanche are doing pretty good.  Maybe not looking as good as they did last season but what can you do.

@Spartan 's record in the VHL finals. :kekw:

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

I think it went pretty well although I would've liked to have put the puck in the net a little more but there's still lots of time to work on that.

I think we need to just keep doing what we are doing. don't fix what's not broken.

I'm very happy with my play this season and excited to see where we are at by the end of the season.

Daniel Janser for sure. hopefully i can become a number one center in the vhl someday. 

Horrible but I'm certain the Canucks can turn it around at some point just like last season.

I cant say on here lol.

7 hours ago, aimkin said:

1. How did your first week of the season go? Could have been better. We are a strong team but my player needs to step up and make us even better.

2. Do you think there is anything we can  do to improve or keep up the momentum? We just keep doing what we're doing. Ride the momentum for as long as we can. 

3. Are you happy with how you played this past week? Not really. My player hasn't looked like himself as of late, and I hope I can turn things around sometime soon. 

4. Is there anyone in the VHL that you look up to or strive to be like? I don't follow VHL players honestly but there are lots of good players on here

5. How is your NHL team currently doing this season? Red wings have been playing good, but not great. Raymond and Seider haven't been playing as well as they did last year but I'm impressed by Kubalik bouncing back. I expect us to compete for the playoffs, I'll be pumped if we do make it in.

6. What is the best joke you know? You probably don't want to know it honestly

1. I think my first week went ok. It definitely could have been better but not too bad of a start.

2. I do not think so because every thing we are doing is going good. So, Nothing should change.

3. I mean from my standards and my experience, I'm not bummed but I'm not enthusiastic about it.

4. Right now the VHL player I look up to has to be Xavier Booberry. He is one of if not the best goaltender in the league in my opinion.

5. My NHL team which would be the Pittsburgh Penguins are doing good so far being just out of the playoffs. However there are plenty more games to go.

6. How do you make Holy Water? You boil the hell out of it.

Once again, goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

1. We are top of the standings and dominating the league. How are you feeling about it?

2. What do you think is the key to us continuing the rest of the season like this?

3. Are you surprised that the defending back to back cup champs are bottom of the league?

4. What team do you think is our biggest rival/threat?

5. Are you happy with your player's performance?

6. How do you eat pizza? (fold, flat, crust first, etc)

Edited by aimkin

47 minutes ago, aimkin said:

One again, goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

1. We are top of the standings and dominating the league. How are you feeling about it?

It has been outstanding but I think it's important to keep grinding. You can't let it go to your head.

2. What do you think is the key to us continuing the rest of the season like this?

Well, we have good players and good management. We need to keep earning TPE to remain competitive.

3. Are you surprised that the defending back to back cup champs are bottom of the league?

Nope. All good things must come to an end.

It's hard to say. We're playing really well but there's also been a lot of close games. We'll just have to see.

Yes. Although, I'm still chasing my first VHLM goal.

A proper slice of pizza is large and greasy so you have to fold it. Who the hell eats it crust first? 🤨

52 minutes ago, aimkin said:

One again, goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

1. Feeling really good with our position in the standings!  Should finish on top of the league with an amazing record if the trend continues!

2. I think if the line matchups keep working, we should be good!  Even with our backup getting some reps, we can hold our own.

3.  No surprise there.  This league is volatile and their last season success seemed to come from some late waiver signings rather than a well drafted team.

4.  Mexico City I'd say!  Lost to them twice and they are second in or conference.  Strong team!

5.  With how much movement there is with the lines, I am happy with what Leonard has done so far.  Either way, he is already drafted lol

6.  Flat and if it is thick, I am the weirdo that will use a fork.  I don't like getting messy while I eat!

3 hours ago, aimkin said:

Once again, goooooood Monday morning Marlins! Here is your presser for the week. Answer 3 for 1 TPE or all 6 for 2!

Pretty happy about it yeah the marlins are killing it let's be fair couldn't wish for anything better in my final season with the team 

I think staying on the same planning will be good but I think that a revenge tour for VLG could help the team 

Not really because a team that go all-in often give up all their futur assets and once the player that got you your championships are gone well you're left with a team underperforming.

For me my rival team is Philadelphia because they are 2nd in the league and because Lemorse is basically the only other gm I know in he M 

ABSOLUTELY NOT 

flat from the point( is that how we say it?) all the way to the crust then eat the crust from the other side.

1. I am very happy to see my new team dominating everyone else and absolutely killing it. It's that kind of stuff you want to see y'know.

2. We have just got to keep what were doing and we aren't gonna see the bottom anytime soon. Just simple as that y'know.

3. Not really because in the VHLM this stuff can happen and you may probably lose a lot of your veteran players to the VHLE. It isn't the prettiest thing but that just happens like were gonna lose some good players this year to y'know.

4. So there is a difference between a rival and a threat, I feel like rival would be the Aces of the Hounds. But our biggest threat is either the Lynx or the Reapers.

5. It is Mediocre at worst I would say because my player had great start to his first game but the fell apart with 5 goals scored on him but it was just a bad night and those just happen so yea.

6. It really depends which way is the original so basically and opinion because I think that the original way is to eat from tip to crust and flat but it just depends.

Feeling real good about it!  But we can't rest, we started out strong, but we can only get so much better, where as other teams have more room to grow.

Like I said up above, just keep improving and not getting complacent.

Not really, eventually you are just going to run out of juice, every team goes through it.

Without checking, I think Ottawa is the team we have had the toughest time with this season. 

Yeah, I think as long as the team is strong I'm happy, even if I don't have big numbers.

I eat it pretty normally I think, but I do often dip it in something.  There is a regional chain around here that has this French Dressing that they make that pairs really well with pizza.

Awesome, everything seems to be working right now, just need to keep it going.

Just keep playing our game, and playing to our strengths. We can't allow ourselves to slip and fall into a losing streak of a significant magnitude.

Sort of, due to their history, but also not too shocked since it had to happen at some point due to the pure nature of the M with the quick turnarounds. 

Probably Mexico City with their high-powered offense, they've beaten us before and can trade goals with us.

Overall yes, always room for improvement but like how it's going. 

Either flat or folded usually, or a mix.

Time for this week's Presser! 

1. From 1 to 10, how would you rate your performance so far this season? 

2. Do you think Simon is pleased with our prayers and offerings? 

3. What are you doing for theme week? 

4. Are we going to be able to hold the top spot in the league? 

5. In the spirit of theme week, what was/has your first gen season been like? 

6. Have you actually been to San Diego? 

3 minutes ago, aimkin said:

1.  I'd give Leonard a solid 7.  Hard to tell with line jumping how he would be if he was locked in but he is moving at the same pace as he was last season it looks like.

2.  Simon is never pleased.  He will continue to require prayers and sacrifices till the end of days, all the while torturing those who worship him with tiny morsels of reciprocation that come nowhere to equaling the prayers and sacrifices offered.

3.  I have no idea.  I want to do something different than most but I will probably end up writing about my experience as a first gen to the site.  I was hoping for something that I could do graphically, but this theme does not lend itself to that really.

4.  We will definitely hold the top spot!

5.  My first season was with S'toon.  Leonard played 55 games with a quick playoff exit but it was fun tuning in every game and seeing if he got involved.  Learning the ropes of the forums took a bit but it allowed me to work on some sweet graphics and try to get Leonard recognized!  It was fun enough that I am still here! lol

6.  I have not been to San Diego.  I haven't even been to California!

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

1. Justin Lion's performance so far, I'd give it about an 8. There's been more than a few games that regardless of the result that I'm not too happy with.

2. I believe Simon is pleased so far but that does not mean we should slow up.

3. I have no idea what I'm doing for theme week yet, I haven't even read it. I just know from reading the rest of this presser that it has something to do with first gens so I'll have to see how that goes. I'll probably ask around for help.

4. The Marlins will do whatever it takes to keep the top spot in the league! I believe in the team!

5. Going from a scary S86 season to getting drafted and making a comeback has really been something!

6. I have been to San Diego a few times! It's a nice place. :)

On 12/5/2022 at 1:42 PM, aimkin said:

1. I think 6 is fair.

2. Yes, I think they are.

3. I don't have an idea.

4. I think we have a good shot.

5. This season has been great!

6. Haven't been outside Canada, but it looks nice. 

I'll say 8/10. Jeckler has had a strong first season.

Well, we're number one in the VHLM so we must be doing something right.

Welfare. 🙁

Yes, we're a strong team with great depth.

It's been great! The teammates, the leadership, the locker room, we have it all.

I have not.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:42 PM, aimkin said:

Id say a solid 7. I am not doing bad but I'm also not doing really good.

I would not because we can always do better no matter what it is and Praying Simon is definitely no exception

I might do a little Media Spot possibly if I feel like it. But, that would be about it. I am gonna try to get rest a lot.

Most likely yes if we keep up how we have been playing oh yea.

It has been a actual Blast to start. I like the players I like the coaching staff and me a Jacob often talk one-on-one a lot about my future and I would like to say big thanks to him as he a has been incredible to me and in my growth.

Not only have I not been to San Diego but I have not been to California at all either so yea.

7 bad start but been going strong those last few weeks 

I’ve never fully prayed him but I’ve been partly praying him for a few weeks now 

I planned on doing an article but I didn’t have enough time sadly 

Absolutely.

It’s been really well San Diego has been amazing and I’ve managed to get a AGM position!

No sadly, the only state I’ve visited was New-York since I lived there a few years ago 

On 12/5/2022 at 7:42 PM, aimkin said:

1. 6.9, realistically higher than that. But I just give that rating to everything in the VHL at this point, so if it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

2. Simon is not a benevolent god, he will grow hungry for more and more. Until the price he asks is one you simply cannot pay.

3. Stuff and things, just highlighting the more memorable 1st gens I've worked with as AGM/GM.

4. Probably, I don't see who would realistically challenge you with the roster you have this season.

5. My rookie 1st gen season was pretty weird. A whirlwind of stuff happening at a pretty controversial time in the league. It was a fun time too though, forums were so much more active than they have been since.

6. I've never been to the continent, let alone the city.

I would rate myself a solid 8/10. 

Well we had our first 0-2 sim today, so no, I think he is displeased with us.  We will need to ramp up the sacrifices offerings.

I clicked the pension button as per my usual.

Yes, there is no doubt we will finish number 1 going into the post season.

Gosh that feels so long ago now, way back in season 68.  I joined days before the cutoff for season 70 but I didn't really grasp why it was advised to retire and recreate so I just stuck with it.  I was the last create for the S69 class.

I have not, I haven't been west of like Missouri.

Answer 3 for 1 or 6 for 2!

1. We're officially in the back end of the season. Do you think we can hold onto the number 1 spot?

2. We had our first night of all losses. How did your player cheer up their teammates?

3. Are you going to hit 200 tpe and move up? If not, would you like to stick around with the Marlins for another season?

4. If you could take any VHL player and bring them to the Marlins, who would it be and why?

5. Does pineapple belong on a pizza? Why yes but only with bacon?

6. What holiday(s) will you be celebrating this month? If no holiday, what are you doing with your days off/vacation time?