Gimp

Ricer13

I don’t know if this is the right thread for

this but I am wondering if anyone uses gimp to make Graphics and if anyone knows of any helpful videos that’ll help me learn how to use the program. 

or

If there is another program you recommend, please share. Although I don’t want to spend any money. 

Thanks 

kRice13

I used to make sigs in GIMP for a long time.  Currently using Photoshop and have been doing so for a while (a year+), so this is just based on my memory of it and what I'm seeing as I have it open right now.  I don't know of any tutorials/videos off the top of my head, but I'd agree with the idea of looking at tutorials on Deviantart - although a lot of them are pretty old and aren't in the same style as the sigs you'll see here (and they might be a bit outdated), they'll still help you to get familiar with the way the program works.  I also just found this thread that has an in-browser alternative that looks really similar to PS and could be better than GIMP.   I've never personally tried it so I can't tell you how good it is but it seems worth a try.

I'd suggest looking over some of the stuff in the Resources and Discussion subforum of the graphics section.  Not a lot of it is GIMP-specific, but there are some threads with fairly useful stock packs and graphics discussion.  I don't know exactly how much of some of the older stuff is still up-to-date/useful but some threads are really good.  This guide from @jack is very useful for becoming better at making sigs and I would definitely suggest you read it.  Some of the things in there specifically  PS but they can still be done in GIMP.  Feel free to ask me either on here or Discord about that (or anything other specific stuff you want to know).  

Some threads with good stock/resource packs that still work (to my knowledge):

Additionally, if you don't have any good cuts the Cut Gallery section is worth a look.