S71 Draft Profiles - Part 5: Rankings Revamped!

Patrik Tallinder

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

Well, as the title suggests, I've added onto my traditional top 10 rankings, so I'd like to know what you guys think of it. Here it is!

Rankings

1. Kyl Oferson -

2. Roque Davis -

3. Erik Killinger -

4. Stone Wolski -

5. Ola Vikingstad -

6. Thomas Landry II -

7. Jim Bob -

8. Uhtred -

9. Hugh Jass -

10. Joe Proto New

Biggest Risers

Ray Sheilds 20

Squirrely dan 10

Mickey Dickson 9

Biggest Fallers

Kendall Rasmussen 11

Kazimir Komarov 10

Alex Burrows 9

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Woody McPine

Cassius Gardner

Jack John

Robert Buttholio

Peter Louis

Fuzzkins

Dean Big Chungus

Newly Unqualified

Trey Nets

Xavier Hills

Hunter Harrison

I should remind everyone about a few things. The rankings tend to change a lot, so someone going up or down really fast can be undone just as quick. Also, the requirements to qualify for my rankings are 40+ TPE, and an update in the past two full weeks, so for example if someone did not update in the week of 02/02 nor 02/09, they are not eligible for my rankings. If they update this week (02/16) they will be requalified in next week's rankings. This is just because I like to rank the active players in the draft, since they'll ultimately be the one's who most likely stick around.

As always, I have to advertise my spreadsheet. You can find the full rankings, colour coded TPE earning, and now the difference in rankings from last week to this week along with much more. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

Stats

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Kyl Oferson

Roque Davis

Roque Davis

Erik Killinger

Hugh Jass

Kyl Oferson

Uhtred

Jim Bob

Hugh Jass

Ola Vikingstad

Kyl Oferson

Ola Vikingstad

Thomas Landry II

Ola Vikingstad

Erik Killinger

Hugh Jass

Thomas Landry II

Uhtred

Roque Davis

Erik Killinger

Thomas Landy II

Adam Syreck

Uhtred

Jim Bob

Richard Penisson

Zyrok12

Zyrok12

Nicolas Konig

Jason Goeson

Richard Penisson

Name

Save %

Stone Wolski

Joakim Bruden

Hex Valentine

Bennett Dahl

Woody McPine

News

Roque Davis hit 300 TPE this past week.

Joe Proto and Richard Penisson each hit 100 TPE this past week.

Joe Proto earned the most TPE this past week, with 32.

16 players were created this past week.

Profiles

HFX_bar.png

Hex Valentine - G - 95 TPE

Well, there's no more fitting time of year to talk about Hex Valentine than today! This isn't my only reason for talking about him though, as I find him a very intriguing prospect. He started off his career with 4 consecutive weeks of 6, 0, 0, and 4 TPE respectively. I didn't really think much of him at this point, but since then, he's changed my mind entirely. Those underwhelming four weeks were followed by his latest three full weeks, consisting of 16, 12, and 15 TPE. I think if he can keep this up, his already solid stats will improve, and he could end up a very promising goalie prospect for the VHL team who drafts him.

OTT_bar.png

Ola Vikingstad - C - 292 TPE

A star in the making, Vikingstad has been one of the top S71 prospects since the beginning. Earning every single possible capped TPE so far, along with never dipping below 14 TPE in a week, this player has been remarkably consistent, which their stats also reflect. With 40 goals in 45 games, Vikingstad is proven to be a lethal scorer with a deadly shot and quick feet. Whoever lands the Swedish center will be extremely happy with what they get.

HOU_bar.png

Jason Goeson - D - 76 TPE
A smart, poised defenseman, Goeson is able to use his speed and hockey sense to get ahead of the play on most shifts. While his skillset is more defense based, his offensive stats have been great so far with Houston. He has 37 points in 44 games, including an assist total of 29, which is top 10 among his draft class. The Canadian's TPE earning has been consistent, and improving with time so far in his young career. With two consecutive weeks of 12 TPE, he looks to have decent upside if he keeps it up this way. If he steps it up even a little bit, and keeps going that way, I could see a really good player in the makes here.

40 minutes ago, Josh said:

5 weeks in and no profile of Davis or Jass :(

I’ll try to do them soon, I’m just trying to spread out the good players so that there’s some more recognizable names in each article. If you want I can do one next week, and the other one the week after!