Nobody even knows I'm here

Toast

In the latest attempt for the Toast player agency to make its big return to the VHL, it seems the player they are representing is not even seen in the eyes of the VHL or the VHLM. 

Toast's player Larry Butz opted to sign with the Ottawa Lynx a few weeks ago. In the 56 games played with the team thus far, Butz has registered a solid 0 points. This may be due to the fact that Ottawa has played Butz for an average of 1.6 minutes per game and does not currently have Butz on any lines. It seems the minimal effort from Butz to perform on the ice has been taken as an insult and he is now watching the games from the press box. 

Larry Butz currently finds himself ranked 49th in the S72 VHL Entry Draft rankings, but will a pro team be willing to take a shot at using a draft pick on him? 

"I'm just trying to do whatever I can," said Butz. "If Ottawa thinks that I'm better off serving hot dogs at a concession stand during the game, that's cool! I'm just happy to be here and doing my part!"

While Butz seems overjoyed at the fact that he doesn't have to do much on the ice, his player agent certainly doesn't share the same feelings.

"It's frustrating," said Toast. "I was intrigued by the Ottawa offer for Butz, but it's clear maybe that wasn't the greatest idea. We're going to work at being better on the ice and hopefully with the upcoming VHLM and VHL drafts, general managers will acknowledge that."

As the season approaches its end, will Butz find himself playing any sort of role in the Ottawa post-season run?

Edited by Toast