Welcome to the Show, Kid

ColeMrtz

I wrote about half an article and erased because I’m pretty sure I’ve written the same story about a dozen times now. “I came back from IA and I love the league even more and I especially want to thank these people yada yada yada”. It’s boring, I might like history but I’m tired of reading the same one over and over. Instead I’m going to turn to the future.

For those who don’t know (I forgot I have a forum color so it’s probably kind of obvious), I was recently hired and the GM of the Mississauga Hounds, the VHLM franchise where I played my first full season with Wang. It’s a team I hold close to my heart, as I met loads of great people in that lockeroom and some of my closer friends on the site. After about half of an IRL year both applying and being the AGM of the VHL org the New York Americans, things couldn’t have played out better landing back in my favorite VHLM team with all the pieces I needed to compete (thanks @Berocka and @DoktorFunk).

I’m still kind of shocked that I landed here. I left NY days before I was hired seeking an AGM position, thinking I’d need more VHLM exposure to boost my resume sort of deal. Luckily through persuasion (and I’m fairly certain harassment by other parties) @Banackock finally caved and gave me this opportunity. I already know I’ve overpaid for the assets I’ve picked up, but I think I’ve done pretty well so far in terms of not being completely robbed. We’ve picked up two core pieces for the coming season in @jared and @BigIrish, and moved one of our seconds into the late first to bolster ourselves even more. I’m excited to see how we do in the coming season, and an unfortunately bad trait to have is that all the sitting on my ass waiting to draft is getting me anxious. Hopefully @Zetterberg can keep me in line so I don’t fuck it all up.

I still don’t have any idea where I’m going with this, I’m just rambling at this point really. Guess what I was trying to get to was a more public thank you for the chance to run the Hounds and letting everyone know who to watch this season (it’s the Hounds by the way). Oh and also since I’m here; Robin Winter is a bust. Wang will have a breakout season to make Winter his son @Sonnet.