Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

8 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

Miami Marauders Presser week ending July 28th 2025

1. We have a lot of Marauders moving up to the VHLE this season and few entering the VHLM draft. If you were to be redrafted or are being drafted for the first time, what is your dream team to be drafted too?

2. The Saskatoon Wild went back to back winning the Founders Cup, what do you think their recipe for success was?

3. Miami has one player rostered for next season but a handful of picks. Do you think they can be a playoff team next season?

4. What is one idea you have that could contribute to a player having a better experience in the VHLM?

5. The MLB season is about the only major sport on TV right now, do you root for any teams? If so, who? If not, why not?

6. Tell me a bit about yourself, do you work or go to school? What’s your profession? High school or college?

1. Honestly, I can wait to be back in Miami with the nightlife. 

2. I bet they have a good locker room and a good group of users. 

3. I think they can be definitely, just have to make the right picks. and i believe in the GMs.

4. I think the locker room interaction is huge. I think GMs need to pick based on their locker room and updates will come after that. 

5. I am a diehard Pirates fan. they are actually over .500 right now. 

6. Technically self-employed. Dont like what im doing but I have a masters in Psychology. Hoping to get in my field sooner rather than later. 

31 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. We have a lot of Marauders moving up to the VHLE this season and few entering the VHLM draft. If you were to be redrafted or are being drafted for the first time, what is your dream team to be drafted too?

2. The Saskatoon Wild went back to back winning the Founders Cup, what do you think their recipe for success was?

3. Miami has one player rostered for next season but a handful of picks. Do you think they can be a playoff team next season?

4. What is one idea you have that could contribute to a player having a better experience in the VHLM?

5. The MLB season is about the only major sport on TV right now, do you root for any teams? If so, who? If not, why not?

6. Tell me a bit about yourself, do you work or go to school? What’s your profession? High school or college?

1: If Collberg was to return to the VHLE, I think he'd want to be a Marauder and have another chance to bring the team a cup.

2: Having a great Goalie like Goulet really helped I think.

3: I unfortunately don't think Miami has enough assets. But I'm hoping to be surprised.

4: Maybe adding another team? I'm not too sure but I always liked the Steel in the JST so that'd make me happy at the very least.

5: I don’t keep track of the MLB but my team is the Angels. I was drafted to them in one of the Show games.

6: It's nothing exciting unfortunately. Just a patty-flipping NPC for the time being.

On 7/26/2024 at 9:42 AM, Ricer13 said:

1. I don't have too much a preference for the draft. I would like to go to a team in the North American Conference tho

2. They probably had a good team... or they bribed the refs

3. That sounds like a tough task, but the VHLM is kinda weird compared to what it used to be. Making the playoffs is def a possibility

4. I think the VHLM and VHLE being shorter stay leagues kinda hurts initial interaction in those leagues. Most players spend one or two seasons in one of those leagues so it's harder to stay interested in a team you know you're going to leave. That is one reason I would like the E and M to merge. I think it would help with players staying more interested because now they might spend 3-5 seasons with one team if they are not a player that updates as frequently.

5. No, I never really cared for baseball. Going to a baseball game is pretty chill tho

6. I work full time as a supervisor in a dept in a hospital. I used to travel for work for it, but recently took a this permanent position and moved from Michigan to Colorado about a month ago. I skateboard, snowboard, golf, and disc golf as my active hobbies and I collect Pokémon, One Piece, and Hockey cards as well.

Miami Marauders Presser for week ending August 4th 2024

1. The VHL draft is tomorrow, the VHLE draft is later this week and the VHLM draft is next weekend. Is this too many drafts to have in one league?

2. Miami just made a big trade bringing in two great players. Do you agree with GM Ricers approach in trying to be competitive next season?

3. You’re in Miami for training camp, what is the first touristy thing you’re doing?

4. If Miami had a mascot, what would it be and how would it be designed?

5. How’s your summer been? Any big plans for the remainder of it?

6. If you were stuck in a forest and you had to survive one month, what three items are you taking with you? 

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

1. The VHL draft is tomorrow, the VHLE draft is later this week and the VHLM draft is next weekend. Is this too many drafts to have in one league?

2. Miami just made a big trade bringing in two great players. Do you agree with GM Ricers approach in trying to be competitive next season?

3. You’re in Miami for training camp, what is the first touristy thing you’re doing?

6. If you were stuck in a forest and you had to survive one month, what three items are you taking with you? 

1. Yes. Combine the E and M and then there would only be two drafts!

2. I haven't kept up as much lately, but I say go for it!

3. Goin to the beach

4. I think having a skeleton like our logo would be fine

5. Great! Been a busy summer! Just playing it weekend by weekend, but I have some friends visiting soon

6. 4 months worth of food (just in case I can't ration well). A house 🤣. Annnnnd 4 months worth of water (Just in case)

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

. The VHL draft is tomorrow, the VHLE draft is later this week and the VHLM draft is next weekend. Is this too many drafts to have in one league?

1.  No I don't think so.  Makes it easier for GMs and I think its exciting for new players

2. Yep, Is hard in the M to be competitive every season with turnover but Ricer is smart and wants to win and has a great LR.  

3. Getting inside to get air conditioning.

4. I would say a Marlin or StingRay   

5. Summer been great.  Actually leaving for vacation this morning to Victoria.

6. Flint, knife, and a container for water

On 7/29/2024 at 8:34 AM, Ricer13 said:

1. I have no clue what is going on. Do not know if E or M is the more experienced league. So yes to answer the question. 

2. I have full faith in my GM. 

3. Hitting up the beach to find my self a big bo......

4. easy, a pirate. a man or woman dressed as a pirate. 

5. its been hot. so stay inside. 

6. fishing pole, hatchet, big pile of steak in a cooler. 

Miami Marauders press conference week ending August 11 2024

1. The draft has come and gone, how do you feel about the picks that Miami made?

2. Which pick is your favourite and why?

3. Miami is looking to be competitive but have some holes to fill in the roster. How should they look to fill those holes?

4. Are you apart of any other sim league? Which one is your favourite?

5. One month left of summer, what are you doing to enjoy what’s left of it?

6. If the NHL contracted to six teams, which six teams would you pick as the the ones to keep?

1. I like the picks.  Overall decent chance and room to add a few more pieces 

2. D-Mac was a solid pick.  A good goalie is a must and you have it now 

3.  Trades seems like the most likely.  To go for it I think some future picks will have to go

4. yes the SBA but this will be my last player. VHL is my fav and SBA is a chore 

5. I’m currently on vacation in California so enjoying it before fall

6. Toronto, Chicago, NY, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Seattle (I live close) 

6 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. The draft has come and gone, how do you feel about the picks that Miami made?

3. Miami is looking to be competitive but have some holes to fill in the roster. How should they look to fill those holes?

6. If the NHL contracted to six teams, which six teams would you pick as the the ones to keep?

1. Pretty solid for not having too many picks!

2. Andreas Andreasen because they will probably stay with the team for 2-4 seasons. Drafting a player late that will likely stay with the team long term is huge!

3. I wouldn't do too much imo, not sure if Miami will have a good chance to go for it this season so maybe trading players that will be moving up to the E next season will be traded at the deadline.

4. I recently did the ISFL as a kicker. It's pretty cool, but I don't put as much into it as here.

5. I should be pretty busy these next few weekends so I will be getting outside as much as possible. Gonna start golfing after work every now and then too before it's too late

6. The original 6 haha. No I would actually try to have the league spread out so more people would be able to still enjoy the league. I'd do Vancouver and Toronto as the two Canadian teams so you have a team on each end. Detroit and Colorado because Colorado is pretty central and Detroit is my fav 🤣. Then LA and New York Rangers because of their high populations.

22 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1. I think Ricer and the gang did well. Ready to raise the cup/

2. Me, I think defense wins championships.

3. hahahahahah. ummm, no comment.

4. PBE is my favorite. Its not favourite. Canadians, am I right?

5. Kayaking, we are having a flood event, so kayaking. 

6. Pens, Pens, Pens, Pens, Pens, Pens. 

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

ROYSKI IS BACK FOR PRESSERS!!! (Week ending 8/18/2024)
Thanks to @Ricer13for holding down the ship while I was gone. Now onto questions!!!

1. With games well underway already, how do you feel about Miami's start to the season?

2. As a player, what would you like to see from Miami management this season to make your time here the best it can be?

3. What is the best/most useful thing that someone has taught you?

4. Are you a late night person or an early morning person during the summers?

5. Opposing teams have been complaining about the barrels of fish that we store outside of their locker rooms during games. What do you think we should do about this situation?

6. Who is your biggest idol/role model?

See you next week! :mia:

u9RlD4o.png

6 hours ago, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

Thanks to @Ricer13for holding down the ship while I was gone. Now onto questions!!!

1. With games well underway already, how do you feel about Miami's start to the season?

2. As a player, what would you like to see from Miami management this season to make your time here the best it can be?

5. Opposing teams have been complaining about the barrels of fish that we store outside of their locker rooms during games. What do you think we should do about this situation?

u9RlD4o.png

1. I believe in Miami's chances to win it all. I am really excited for my last season in the VHLM and I am hoping we can bring it home.

2. The management is doing quite well already and so I hope we can keep up the momentum as a team.

3. I would say to be willing to learn new things and not give up.

4. I will always be a late night person due to my job as a cashier.

5. Opposing teams should just not take the bait.

6. My biggest role model would have to be Christopher Reeve. He will always be the best Superman ever.

On 8/11/2024 at 5:21 PM, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

u9RlD4o.png

1. im really excited for Miami's chances to win it all. 

2. continue to do what they have been doing. full support from me with management.

3.always be humble

4. im definitely not a late night person. barely an early morning person. i just want to sleep. 

5. Make sure they are rotten before we leave it outside their locker room or better yet, put it inside their lockers. 

6. My fiance. enough said. 

On 8/11/2024 at 3:21 PM, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

u9RlD4o.png

1. Great start for you guys! Keep it up!

2. As a former player for Miami I can say that the new players have it too good. Management should make things worse for them

3. Back To School Space GIF by Tim Robinson

4. I used to be a late person, but my new job I work at 6am so I am now a morning person

5. Clearly there are not enough barrels, this is a good time to reference my response to question two

6. Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Lonely Island Myself, but not when this clip was taken... I USED to be a piece of shit

On 8/11/2024 at 2:21 PM, Royski said:

ll8p2Ym.jpg

GOOD EVENING MIAMI!!!

u9RlD4o.png

1. It feels like a great start and I'm excited to join and help out wherever I can for the team to win games.
2. Just supporting our growth and getting us to play together as a team.
3. How to get better as a player.
4. Early morning due to my dog waking me up
5. Nothing - tough on them
6. Joe Pavelski - just constantly working without the best skill, just determination and grit. 

image.jpeg

Miami Marauders Presser Week Ending August 25/2024

1. We have two new waiver players who have joined the squad, how are we feeling having reinforcements to help our playoff push?

2. We’ve recently had two new wingers join the squad. What position do we need help with now?

3. Which teams logo do you dislike the most in the VHLM and why?

4. What is your players go to post game meal?

5. How did you find out about the VHL and is this your first sim league?

6. Are you a movie or TV or YouTube person?

15 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

1. We have two new waiver players who have joined the squad, how are we feeling having reinforcements to help our playoff push?

2. We’ve recently had two new wingers join the squad. What position do we need help with now?

1. I am really excited to be apart of this team and the sky is the limit.

2. To be honest, i have no clue. But I know, they will help the squad tremendously. 

3. Everyone that is not Miami. Because it is Miami against the World!

4. Some dog food and some water. and a treat if he plays well. 

5. This would be my third sim league technically. Honestly, i heard about it through PBE. Never thought i would join but here i am. 

6. TV person but im always good for a good horror film. 

11 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

1. Good depth is always valued. And they can figure out the system while we get ready for our playoff push and into the playoffs.
2. I'm one of the new wingers, so excited to contribute where I can. I thank my teammates for the GWG in my first game.
3. Nothing against the team, but The Houston Bulls logo seems very noisy
4. Spaghetti
5. YouTube - Twister Wrister Hockey channel - and yes first serious sim league. I did some as a kid when it was paper and mailings.
6. I guess YouTube, but I do watch a few TV shows with the family (Survivor and White Collar on Netflix)

On 8/19/2024 at 7:35 AM, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

1. Always great to get reinforcements!

2. One more forward and one more winger would probably round out the team nicely

3. Saskatoon, Mississauga, and San Diego. Saskatoons looks a lil too generic imo. Mississauga I'm just not a fan of the style used, I like the colors, but the Hound just doesn't look right as a logo. San Diego I don't like the text and I just also am not a fan of the colors

4. Sloppy Steaks at Truffoni's

5. I found out through youtube if I remember right. Yes this was the first sim league I did, Just joined the ISFL a lil while ago tho

6. TV then Movie then Youtube. I like them all tho

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg
Miami Presser week ending September 1 , 2023

1. Miami is still chugging along and doing well this season. Who is your mid season MVP?

2. Which Miami player do you feel has the best chance at long term success in their career and why?

3. The team is planning a team event this weekend. Which player is hosting it and what are they planning for the team event?

4. Which VHLM team has the smelliest city and why?

5. Every player needs a mental health break, what is you destination of choice for this break?

6. What do you do for work? If you don’t work, are you in high school or college?

Edited by Ricer13

29 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

1. Miami is still chugging along and doing well this season. Who is your mid season MVP?

2. Which Miami player do you feel has the best chance at long term success in their career and why?

3. The team is planning a team event this weekend. Which player is hosting it and what are they planning for the team event?

5. Every player needs a mental health break, what is you destination of choice for this break?

6. What do you do for work? If you don’t work, are you in high school or college?

1. Mid Season MVP goes to the GMs. Great job fellas. 

2. Dynamic's player, because he is a class A person. 

3. Dog Jagr is hosting and they are planning a pool party by the ocean with some babes. 

4.All others besides Miami because they lose. 

5. Dog Jagr like to go to a park with a pond and run around and swim. 

6. Technically own my business and do customer service work. Want to get into the Psychology field soon which I have a psychology masters degree. 

24 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

1. Tied between Longstreet and Draw Mac. Longstreet for putting the back of the net so consistently, but sometimes the team doesn't score and Draw Mac keeps the game close enough for us to win those close games.
2. Danny Ross - great balance of playmaking and goal scoring. 2nd on the team for goals but under 10% SHT% and leads the team in hits. His hustle is everywhere.
3.  Dog Jagr and his ocean side pool party - will be there
4. Why ask this? The ice rinks all smell clean
5. Back to my home town of Paris, now that the Olympics are out of town
6. I write code and tell people what code to write. 

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg

Miami Presser week ending Sept 8 2024

1. Will Dog Jagr finish the regular season as the league leader in hits?

2. Which trade deadline addition will make the most impact?

3. Why are we struggling to score at the moment?

4. Which team do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?

5. If you could create a sim league with any sport, what sport would you do?

6. NFL starts this week! Who are you cheering for and will you be watching?

1 hour ago, Ricer13 said:

image.jpeg

Miami Presser week ending Sept 8 2024

1. Will Dog Jagr finish the regular season as the league leader in hits?

2. Which trade deadline addition will make the most impact?

3. Why are we struggling to score at the moment?

4. Which team do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?

5. If you could create a sim league with any sport, what sport would you do?

6. NFL starts this week! Who are you cheering for and will you be watching?

1. Jagr will not finish first in hits because MIS is going to miss the playoffs and Bachmann will go chasing hits while Jagr will help us land a critical playoff seeding.
2. Narnia Shaw will help give depth and passing from the backend.
3. Chemistry - we need another team offsite with the new boys
4. Give us the Bulls - we will tear up their D
5. Hockey is all we need
6. 49ers are my team, ever since Montana/Clark/Craig, then we were blessed with Young, Rice, Gore.