Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

On 11/28/2023 at 11:04 AM, Jonny said:

Stupid banner not working 😔

Week ending December 3rd

1. What is your favorite holiday?

2. Is this your first season playing with Miami if not when was your first season?

3. Do you think we have it in ust to get the 12 or so wins to get to the playoffs?

4. What is your favorite board game?

5. What do you think is our team's biggest weakness?

6. Favorite type of weather?

1. Favorite holiday has to be Chrismas, presents, good prices and seeing family.

2. This is my players first season, loving it.

3. Of course

4. Monopoly, that's easy.

5. We don't have much defensive depth, I'm almost sure we have one d-man

6. Cold, snow or in simpler terms ODR weather.

• Admin

1. What is your favorite holiday?

- Tricky one, I think Easter because it's a long weekend that always seems to be the start of warm weather

2. Is this your first season playing with Miami if not when was your first season?

- 'tis just the first week in Miami for young Gianni Del Rocco, possibly just a short stay but hopefully we can extend it as far as possible in the playoffs!

3. Do you think we have it in ust to get the 12 or so wins to get to the playoffs?

- Well we've done it now, in spite of not being able to win that many games hahaha. Hopefully we're saving the consistent wins for the playoffs.

4. What is your favorite board game?

- I'm not massive into board games tbh and when I do play it seems to be something new and random every time. Usually good fun but I can't say I really have a favourite.

5. What do you think is our team's biggest weakness?

- Heh where to begin... Nah we have some good pieces but when we lose we seem to do so by a big margin. Keeping that scoreline down would boost confidence.

6. Favorite type of weather?

- Early and late summer when it's not obscenely hot and you can just chuck on a pair of shorts and go through the whole day in them, whether you're inside or out.

Stupid banner 😞

Week ending December 10th

1. How do you think the team has done overall this season and what do you think we can do to improve if needed.

2. Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?

3. What is your favorite restaurant?

4. When do you think Christmas decorations should be put up?

5. What was your goal for your player at the beginning of this season and do you think you have met that goal.

6. If you had to chose a different position for your player what would you chose?

1. How do you think the team has done overall this season and what do you think we can do to improve if needed.

I think we have played worse than expected. If we could win more expected that would be great.

2. Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza? Absolutely. One of my favorite toppings.

Raising canes

Right after thanksgiving

5. What was your goal for your player at the beginning of this season and do you think you have met that goal.

Help the team win. I believe so.

6. If you had to chose a different position for your player what would you chose? Goalie

Edited by matt sovick

• Admin

1. How do you think the team has done overall this season and what do you think we can do to improve if needed.

- I can't speak for the whole season but I could see it was a high-scoring and leaky team when I came in. I'm not sure that's changed much but we've had a good last week of the season and stopped leaking as many goals. If we keep that up we should be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

2. Do you think pineapple belongs on pizza?

- Absolutely not

- There's this one place in Reading (UK, not Pennsylvania) which is run by Greeks and it is the best Greek food I have had outside Greece. It's one of like 3 places anywhere ever I have left a Google review (5 stars of course) - yes I was also drunk but by god the food melted in my mouth.

- My mom's birthday is 2 December so that's kind of ingrained in my brain as the start of Christmas even though I've long moved out. Tree went up this weekend and it will forever be thus.

- Clearly trade deadline for me, and it was really to join a fun team where I'd be able to contribute offensively (i.e. a top two role). Full marks on all counts I think, now a playoff series upset would be the icing on the cake.

6. If you had to chose a different position for your player what would you chose?

- Every single other forward I had in the VHL was a center so I would probably veer that way - my last 2 players were a dman and a goalie so it pretty much has to be winger or center. Didn't want to dump TPE into faceoffs though so here we are.

• 3 weeks later...

Week ending December 31 

1. What is your favorite movie

2. What is your favorite comic/comic maker

3. If you are getting drafted who do you want to get drafted by?

4. Was this your first season with Miami, if not how many seasons have you spent with us?

5 Favorite Whl team?

6. Is this your first player?

Edited by Jonny

Week ending December 3rd

1. What is your favorite holiday? Xmas and Easter

2. Is this your first season playing with Miami if not when was your first season? this will be my 2nd season 

3. Do you think we have it in ust to get the 12 or so wins to get to the playoffs? I hope we do 

4. What is your favorite board game? I have many mostly Monopoly 

5. What do you think is our team's biggest weakness? Winning 

6. Favorite type of weather? Spring and Winter

cP2TwTa.png

Week Ending 7 January, 2024

1.) Happy new year, Marauders! The drafts for the VHL and VHLE have passed, and the VHLM draft will be this Sunday. Did you watch the live drafts, and which picks were most surprising to you?

2. Training camp is almost over. What has your player been upgrading?

3. What are your player's resolutions for the new year?

4. How has your experience in the VHLM been so far?

5. What are your own new year resolutions, if any?

6. What dish is your favorite to make?

4 hours ago, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

Week Ending 7 January, 2024

1.) Happy new year, Marauders! The drafts for the VHL and VHLE have passed, and the VHLM draft will be this Sunday. Did you watch the live drafts, and which picks were most surprising to you?

2. Training camp is almost over. What has your player been upgrading?

3. What are your player's resolutions for the new year?

4. How has your experience in the VHLM been so far?

5. What are your own new year resolutions, if any?

6. What dish is your favorite to make?

I did not watch the live drafts and I wouldn't have had a clue that the drafts passed if it wasn't for my gm.

2. Defensive coverage, I heard it helps in the goal scoring department so I had to start working on it.

3. Become the top goal scorer of all time.

4. I didn't score enough, I need goals ASAP

5. I want to dunk a basketball

6. I gotta go with Kraft Dinner, it's also one of the only things I know how to make and it's straight fire.

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending 14 January 2024

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE!

1. What's up, Marauders?! The VHLM draft has come and gone, and we have some new faces on the team...Welcome to Miami! Are you excited for the season to begin already?

2. We've got some serious competition out there. How are we feeling about our roster? (Link to see our current roster -> Miami Marauders Roster)

3. What kind of build are you going for your player?

4. What's your player's pre-game ritual?

5. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

6. What is your go-to meal or food to make?

8 hours ago, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

1. What's up, Marauders?! The VHLM draft has come and gone, and we have some new faces on the team...Welcome to Miami! Are you excited for the season to begin already?

2. We've got some serious competition out there. How are we feeling about our roster? (Link to see our current roster -> Miami Marauders Roster)

1. I am looking forward to the season beginning. It's my first ever season in the league and I am excited to see how my player will help the team and compete against others.

2. I like the roster, I know a few friendly faces on the team and I am looking to know a few more. We've got a fun environment here in Miami with a super helpful staff.

3. I am looking forward to having made a defensive defensemen with some offensive upside.

4. I like to listen to some music, and stay relaxed.

5. Yeah, I would like to maybe hit the gym a few more times than usual. Everyone says that though...

6. I like to prepare pasta, it's cheap, quick and pretty good.

On 1/8/2024 at 11:20 AM, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

1. Yes, I heard my best friend ever got drafter here and I hope he stays active

2. We will win the chip no doubt in my mind

3. Only goal scoring

4. He shoots 1000 shots then does 100 pushups for 6 sets (as a warmup (of course))

5. Be the top scorer of the VHLM this season and win at least 1 award.

6. I actually eat hockey pucks since it gives me a feel for the game at all levels. (pause)

1. What's up, Marauders?! The VHLM draft has come and gone, and we have some new faces on the team...Welcome to Miami! Are you excited for the season to begin already?  Yes,I have waited for this day for a very long time.  After the Bajoran mine workers were let free and I need an escape to let my aggression out.  This will be the perfect opportunity.

2. We've got some serious competition out there. How are we feeling about our roster? (Link to see our current roster -> Miami Marauders Roster) Our roster is the best, there is no denying that.  By the end of the season everyone will be begging for us to quit with the beatings.  The will continue because they will teach you a valuable lesson in humility.

3. What kind of build are you going for your player? I am the defender that is going on a bender.  I will teach every team what it means to be docile and how to obey our commands.  Do not fear us however, it is for your own good.

4. What's your player's pre-game ritual?  To go down to the stockades and make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing from sharpening my skates to cleaning my jersey.  It is a basic teaching of hard work and discipline

5. Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Many years go after the Bajorans were set free I made a New Years resolution to never make any more New Years resolutions.  I have upheld that promise to myself and refuse to break that promise.

6. What is your go-to meal or food to make?  Nothing is better then I nice bottle of Kanar, but I like to pair that with a nice lively bowl of Gagh.  Nothing better then a fresh bowl of Gagh straight from Qu'nos before the game,

19 minutes ago, MSouthworth said:

1. What's up, Marauders?! The VHLM draft has come and gone, and we have some new faces on the team...Welcome to Miami! Are you excited for the season to begin already?  Yes,I have waited for this day for a very long time.  After the Bajoran mine workers were let free and I need an escape to let my aggression out.  This will be the perfect opportunity.

2. We've got some serious competition out there. How are we feeling about our roster? (Link to see our current roster -> Miami Marauders Roster) Our roster is the best, there is no denying that.  By the end of the season everyone will be begging for us to quit with the beatings.  The will continue because they will teach you a valuable lesson in humility.

3. What kind of build are you going for your player? I am the defender that is going on a bender.  I will teach every team what it means to be docile and how to obey our commands.  Do not fear us however, it is for your own good.

4. What's your player's pre-game ritual?  To go down to the stockades and make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing from sharpening my skates to cleaning my jersey.  It is a basic teaching of hard work and discipline

5. Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Many years go after the Bajorans were set free I made a New Years resolution to never make any more New Years resolutions.  I have upheld that promise to myself and refuse to break that promise.

6. What is your go-to meal or food to make?  Nothing is better then I nice bottle of Kanar, but I like to pair that with a nice lively bowl of Gagh.  Nothing better then a fresh bowl of Gagh straight from Qu'nos before the game,

These are exactly the answers I would expect from Dukat himself.

cP2TwTa.png

Howdy! I did not watch the draft, however, I am very excited for the season to start! This will be my first season with my new player and I have high hopes.

I think our current lineup, with a dedicated enough team, could be a powerful prospect team, and hopefully, by the end of the season to next season, we will be crushing any team that comes our way.

I am hopeful to keep my player with a strong Reaction time but really build on my saves and rebounds this season.

I always wear mismatched socks that are branded as my idol's brand to bring me good luck and good wishes.

I am hopeful to help pull my NJROTC unit together and help integrate our new instructor.

Ramen, I just put in in the microwave and heat it up before any sporting event.

Absolutely. Can't wait to get my player some more points on the board

2. We've got some serious competition out there. How are we feeling about our roster? (Link to see our current roster -> Miami Marauders Roster)

Pretty good

Good speed , wrist shot, and slapshot

Definitely wearing the same socks every game. My good luck socks lmao.

Honestly, nope

Mac and cheese 

- I am looking forward to playing and since my girlfriend is from Tampa, Miami seemed like the place to play.  Plus I can visit the BitCoin conference on the off-season.  

- I am optimistic.  We have good balance and have a good chance to be competitive.

- My favorite player in the Show is Victor Hedman so I wanted to go with a defense-first blue liner.

- Well I start with 2nd breakfast, the brunch, the late tea, then lunch, then potato lunch with elf bread and finally some pizza rolls.

- Save money and travel more.

- Homemade tacos or chili.

cP2TwTa.png                                 

Week ending January 19th

1. Do you think we will get to the playoffs and win it all this season?

2. Is this your first season in the VHL? If so how did you join the VHL?

3. What do you most love about the VHL?

4. What is your favorite hobby or sport?

5.  Have you ever been in any other sim leagues?

6.  What would your dream vacation be?

Edited by Jonny

Week ending January 19th

1. Do you think we will get to the playoffs and win it all this season? No

2. Is this your first season in the VHL? If so how did you join the VHL? NO

3. What do you most love about the VHL? I dont love it but its ok 

4. What is your favorite hobby or sport? Hockey 

5.  Have you ever been in any other sim leagues? Yes i run 3 leagues 2 ootp league and 1 FHL Sim league

6.  What would your dream vacation be? taking my wife back home to see her family 

1. Do you think we will get to the playoffs and win it all this season?

There's hope that we can make it to the playoffs! Don't think we win it outright but an appearance is fine enough.

2. Is this your first season in the VHL? If so how did you join the VHL?

It is, and i joined it through a hockey sim league, coincidences xD

I love the community and its many different people!

Football (For Americans: Soccer), i love it, can't remember a time where i haven't played it

5.  Have you ever been in any other sim leagues?

No, none that use an entire website!

6.  What would your dream vacation be?

Finland, deep in the snow, exploring the wilderness, i like it cold.

1. Do you think we will get to the playoffs and win it all this season? Yes

2. Is this your first season in the VHL? If so how did you join the VHL? No

the community 

Football

5. Have you ever been in any other sim leagues?

No

6. What would your dream vacation be? Camping or the beach

On 5/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigAL said:

Welcome to the inaugural Miami Marauders Press Conference! Right now we don't have any team members, but once you're drafted, come here and introduce yourself by answering these six questions:

1. Why and when did you join the VHL?

I join vhl because I love hockey and the game I join last month just after Christmas 

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season? Training 

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room? Actually talking to people about the game 

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders? My faceoffs and my passing 

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of? Darts 

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic? Shooting pucks every day 

Week ending January 29

1. Has your player done as well as you thought they would do this season or have they over/under preformed.

2. What has been the best moment of 2024 for you?

3. What is your dream vacation?

4. What is your favorite part about the vhl?

5. Who are you rooting for in the vhl and if you don't have a team you want to root for in the vhl how about the vhle.

6. What city would you love to like in the most?

35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Week ending January 29

1. Has your player done as well as you thought they would do this season or have they over/under preformed.

5. Who are you rooting for in the vhl and if you don't have a team you want to root for in the vhl how about the vhle.

1. My player is still fairly new so I'm not really sure if I can say how well he's doing.
2. So far, probably just hanging out with friends & family. Nothing too exciting has happened yet.
3. I would love to go somewhere like Hawaii, I think it would be a fantastic place to relax, have fun, and it would even be nice to explore their culture and learn about it.
4. I love how pretty the site and teams are, it's pretty easy to navigate. And the simming stuff is really cool too, I like the idea of all of it, to add on, the people that I've met so far are amazing and make it all the more fun.
5. I dunno much about many of the teams but if I were to choose from the VHL, I'd probably root for the Vancouver Wolves. (only bc I like wolves but yk lmaoo)
6. Edmonton or maybe any big city for the opportunities.

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Week ending January 29

1-My player Isaak Robinson for a rookie year I think I am doing very well ! I am not the best but i know that my level is incracing at every game!

2- I have seen a show of Beartooth and it was insane

3- My dream vacation is to see a lot of metal show and play a lot of music too!

4- The hockey game the hockey is my sport and i love it its insane its like a story of love !

5- I will root for the Stockolm vikings because i think its a very good team and they can make a long run in the playoff and their name they scare me off!

6- Montreal where i come from !