Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

Miami Marauders Press Conference 708511857308074024.png.41f06fa8dd439e6b86526b2ec34adcb3.png

Week Ending September 3rd 2023

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How do you think your player has done so far this season?
2. Who do you think will get the most points in the VHLM this season?

3. How do you think Miami has done so far?

4. Do you think our win streak will continue?
5. How big do you think the Eno Velvson trade is for us?
6. How was your summer this year?

• 2 weeks later...

cP2TwTa.png

Week Ending 17 September, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 Capped TPE!

1. What's up, Marauders?! How do you think your player is doing so far this season?

2. We've had some really tough matchups lately, especially from teams like Mississauga and San Diego! How do you think we can get back on top of securing more wins from these teams?

3. Eno Velvson @Nykonax has been an incredible addition to the team! So far, he has accumulated 60 points for the season! He is followed by our alternate captain Sebastian Thunder @Matt thunder and captain Oden Bell @WhiskyJack with 59 and 58 points respectively. We have others that are just as close, but what do you think the stats says about the talent on the team?

4. We're halfway through the season! Do you think any trades will happen before the deadline, or are there any players you'd have liked to see on the team?

5. Fall is fast approaching! Are you a sweater-weather kinda person, or do you enjoy the warmer/hotter climate?

6. What song just can't seem to escape your brain?

cP2TwTa.png

Week Ending 24 September, 2023
Answer all 6 to claim 2 capped TPE!

1. What's up, Marauders?! New week, new teammates! After having to drop a couple of players for inactivity, we've also acquired forward Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy for the remaining season and into playoffs. What are you looking forward to in your new teammate?

2. We have a few superstars on the team on the leaderboards -- what could this mean come playoffs?

3. What is your player currently working on in the practice facility?

4. What are your player's future aspirations as they progress in their career?

5. What's your favorite dinner dish?

6. Have you ever gone skiing before?

1. Hey y’all.  Happy to be here and I am active.   I’ll battle hard for TPE and hope u can help on playoff run.  

2. means we will upset some clubs and win a cup

3. not sure.   I’ve been a defenseman and now I need to find what works for my player. I’ll take whatever help I can get.  

4. I want a grinding defensive forward who can bang and score.  Like Duncan Idaho

5.  Pizza

6 yes 

1. What's up, Marauders?! New week, new teammates! After having to drop a couple of players for inactivity, we've also acquired forward Logan Ninefingers @Scurvy for the remaining season and into playoffs. What are you looking forward to in your new teammate?

A: Not only has Ninefingers been putting forward a great effort on the ice, he's been a very vocal part of the lockerroom since joining. I look forward to watching him grow into a star in the league.  

2. We have a few superstars on the team on the leaderboards -- what could this mean come playoffs?

A: Hopefully is means those superstars will step forward and lead the team. The team is pretty top heavy, but if the superstars carry the weight, it allows the depth players to play their roles, which will allow the whole team to gel. 

3. What is your player currently working on in the practice facility?

A: Just getting to the point of being a viable option to put on the ice. Making sure I'm not a liability once on the ice with poor skating and scoring. 

4. What are your player's future aspirations as they progress in their career?

A: I hope to be a consistent contributor on a VHL team for 7 to 8 seasons. 

5. What's your favorite dinner dish?

A: Meatloaf and Mac and cheese

6. Have you ever gone skiing before?

A: Yes, lived in Canada my entire life, so a few times at least. 

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending 1 October, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE!

1. What's up, Marauders?! The season has finally ended, and we're officially heading into playoffs! I know we had a really rocky ending and the GM had been pulling his non-existent hair out of his head trying to figure out how to break through the top teams... How is your player feeling going into their playoffs?

2. Compared to when your player started, how do you feel they have been performing?

3. Our backup goalie Giorgiy Costanzov @Mongoose87 recorded their first shutout game in their first starting game! Possible future hall of famer goalie in our hands?

4. What do you think our captain Oden Bell eats for breakfast?

5. Who is your favorite underrated player in the NHL?

6. Are you in any fantasy leagues?

On 9/27/2023 at 9:39 PM, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

1. What's up, Marauders?! The season has finally ended, and we're officially heading into playoffs! I know we had a really rocky ending and the GM had been pulling his non-existent hair out of his head trying to figure out how to break through the top teams... How is your player feeling going into their playoffs?

2. Compared to when your player started, how do you feel they have been performing?

3. Our backup goalie Giorgiy Costanzov @Mongoose87 recorded their first shutout game in their first starting game! Possible future hall of famer goalie in our hands?

1. I am just happy to be on a playoff bound team. Who would want to come into the league for 10 games and then start the off-season immediately. Now that we are 5 games in, I am feeling a bit nervous with the recent loss. 

2. When my player started he came in like a shot, but has recently settled down a bit in the last few games of the regular season and the last few playoff games. I can't wait to have more TPA to be a more productive all around player. 

3. Amazing first VHLM games. If he keeps is up off the ice, it will surely work out on the ice. 

4. Hopefully he eats Marlins, we we see the next round!

5. Roope Hintz. Gets overshadowed by Robertson and Benn. 

6. I am in NFL fantasy league and that is it

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

!. I just reallly the you loses to the Houds 
2. Red Panda is good but can be bad during some games but decent. 

3. the best goalie in the 92 class and the second best in the 91-92 class after Red Panmda obv
4. BLT sandwich with chicken 
5. Danault prob maybe idk 
6. yes I am I think im in too many now pls stop meeeee. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Feeling good, hoping to put some points on the board.

2. Point wise he has dropped, but seems to be playing good defensively which is what I'd like.

3. For sure, it's definitely not a fluke

4. Oatmeal with fruit

5. Jesper bratt

6. Yes in a yahoo league

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 11:39 PM, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

1. My player is feeling good. The season hasn't even started and J.H. Dewberry Kahlin damn well knows MIami is playoff bound. Ain't no quesiton about it. He will dominate. 

2. Considering 0 games, he is performing well. Those stat lines speak for themselves. But wait, they will get filled out so much that he will become a HOFer in no time. By the time his VHL tenure ends maybe. 

3. Idk, could be. Could be all luck. JH Dewberry Kahlin is a shoe-in though. He is a master chef and hockey player. What esle could go wrong?

4. He probably eat toast and eggs. But if he had a chef on his team, like JH Dewberry Kalhin, he could have been wating like a king. Eggs benny, salmon tartare, so many options. 

5. JH Deberry Kahlin's favorite player is Phil Kessel. Same body shape, and same passion for food. Phil's is for hot dogs. JH's is for actual high class cuiisne though. 

6. Fantasy football, always. Its going ok. I plan to win like every year. Or at least get my money back for being top of the league!

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending 5 November, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE for the Press Conference!

1. What's up, Marauders?! Season 91 is underway! How did your player feel in the training camp?

2. Our first 2 games ended in 1 loss and 1 win, which is a pretty good start! How did your player do, and how could we improve from that loss?

(Game 1: Loss 1-3

(Game 2: Win 2 - 1)

3. What is your player working on during practice?

4. Even though our rival is Philadelphia, which team do you absolutely want to crush this season?

5. How's the weather treating you?

6. What's your favorite thing about the month of November?

28 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending 5 November, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE for the Press Conference!

1. What's up, Marauders?! Season 91 is underway! How did your player feel in the training camp?

2. Our first 2 games ended in 1 loss and 1 win, which is a pretty good start! How did your player do, and how could we improve from that loss?

4. Even though our rival is Philadelphia, which team do you absolutely want to crush this season?

1. hughie didn't get a chance to attend training camp, something about having a life changing experience with this indestructable surface.

2. 2 points + 5 SB for a defenseman (a bad one at that) is really good. we can improve by executing our plays better
3. hughie is currently working on his defensive prowess

4. no other team BUT philly, fuck philly, the eagles, phillies, and whatever other team they have

5. canadian weather = cold, thankfully no snow

6. rememberance day, its a day that we all get to remember the lives of our soldiers, and celebrate our active soldiers. 

•  

cP2TwTa.png

My player wasn't at training camp since I'm not signed with a VHL team but he did practice plenty during the off-season only working on his offensive vision.

I think 1 point in 2 games as a rookie is solid but I do think as the season goes on he should pick up point per game pace and become an elite producer for Miami

Like I said he really likes to scored so he was focusing on his offensive vision to not only be able to see his teammates but also his own scoring chances.

My player doesn't have any rivals other that Philadelphia since he is brand new to the league but the Saskatoon Wild are definitely on the hit list since they beat us so he wants to get revenge.

Can't say he hasn't adapted it's nice and warm climate in Miami, bit of a bummer there won't be outdoor rinks but he's only concerned about the alligators.

My player likes to think about Christmas in November an how it's just around the corner in term of the weeks but that's about it other than the snow in the more northern cities.

7 minutes ago, Sen said:

1. hughie didn't get a chance to attend training camp, something about having a life changing experience with this indestructable surface.

2. 2 points + 5 SB for a defenseman (a bad one at that) is really good. we can improve by executing our plays better
3. hughie is currently working on his defensive prowess

4. no other team BUT philly, fuck philly, the eagles, phillies, and whatever other team they have

5. canadian weather = cold, thankfully no snow

6. rememberance day, its a day that we all get to remember the lives of our soldiers, and celebrate our active soldiers. 

I can only argue with number 5 but other than that straight fire

Crashing your PC

1. Training camp was good.  Ninefingers is ready for the season 

2. well we started out 0-2 but rebounded a bit.  My player has been doing well.  Needs to get better on PP

3.  Sniping.   Lead the league in shots but need more to go in.

4. I AM PHILLY!!! 😂 I want to crush Houston

5. it’s pissing down rain here in Washington State.   Miserable 

6. I like the fall colors and the start of hockey season 

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending November 11 2023

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe!

1. Are you happy with how you player has done this season?

2. Do you think we are going to make the playoffs this season?

3. If you could have any breakfast in the world what would you have?

4. Who are you most surprised by this season?

5. Tell me your favorite joke

6. What is your favorite NHL team 

Edited by Jonny

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

cP2TwTa.png

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe!

1. yes very much so, hughie is doing so well right now

2. yes, we are going to do it if we have the optimstic mindset that we will achieve our goals

3. crispy bacon, with the perfect scrambled eggs and those homemade fries at my local breakfast place

4. i dont really know who i should be surprised by, so i'll just say Hockley Mann for having a great retirement

5. i dont have a sense of humour im afraid

6. being from Toronto, its the leafs, but my favourite sports city outside of Toronto is Phoenix, but the coyotes are so bad, my go to NHL team are the leafs and Sen's

On 11/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Jonny said:

cP2TwTa.png

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe!

. Are you happy with how you player has done this season?

So far I'm satisfied, not happy, me and my player are hungry for goals and will not settle on what he has right now

Yes, just because we've had a few bumps in the road doesn't mean we're out of it this early on

pancakes with maple syrup, fruit, bacon or sausage and milk

The whole team, no one is complaining that we've been loosing early on and everyone seems happy with how things are going, I think that's a huge plus.

My humor is a little too dark for that.

Ottawa Senators come on we just smoked the leafs 6-3 last night

On 11/7/2023 at 10:59 AM, Jonny said:

cP2TwTa.png

Answer all 6 for 2 tpe!

1. He's balling for a VHLM rookie. Point per game and only going up from here. About to explode. 

2. No, but next year. Maybe we make some crazy trades or sneak in, but looks bleek now. 

3. A good french toast or a waffle is nice, maybe eggs benny, or a classic eggs/bacon. But cereal hits home. 

4. I am most surprised by JH DK this year 👀 he's so so good a cooking and so so good at hockey. Gordon Ramsey on and off the ice, basically. 

5. I ordered a chicken and egg online. I'll let you know what comes first. 

6. CANUCKS DESTROYING EVERYONE AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE 

cP2TwTa.png

Week ending 19 November, 2023

1. What's up, Marauders?! We're nearly halfway through the season. How is your player feeling up to this point?

2. What is your player working on in the Practice Facility?

3. Does your player do any pre-game "rituals"?

4. Which VHL team do you want to see your player drafted to?

5. If you celebrate the holiday, have you started Christmas shopping? If you don't celebrate, what are your holiday plans?

6. Have you started thinking about a new year's resolution for next year?

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

1. What's up, Marauders?! We're nearly halfway through the season. How is your player feeling up to this point?

5. If you celebrate the holiday, have you started Christmas shopping? If you don't celebrate, what are your holiday plans?

1. Amazing, Hughie might break the assist record for a Miami Defenseman at this pace.

2. Defensive skills, such as checking, hitting, and blocking.

3. Yes, he watches the first season of "The Boys" before each game.

4. I don't really know, I hope either Malmo or Vancouver

5. I have not started shopping because I am a lazy bum.

6. Uhhh, no. LMK if you have any suggestions though.

5 hours ago, Tetricide said:

cP2TwTa.png

Could be better but hes happy with the way hes been scoring and with his place on the top 10 goals this season.

Only scoring

He eats a hamburger before every game for breakfast

He doesn't care, he just wants to score goals

Yes, my player has already ordered 4 bauer ag5nts and 6 hyperlite2's

Matthew Highmore want's to score 100 goals in the VHLM

• 2 weeks later...

My thing isn't working so no banner 😞

1. What team do you want to be on once you get to the vhl?

2. Beach vacation or camping?

3. What is your favorite sport to play or watch?

4. What is your favorite movie

5. How long have you been with vhl?

6. Favorite TV show 

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

My thing isn't working so no banner 😞

6. Favorite TV show 

1. I don't care, I just want to score goals

2. Neither, my player prefers to work on his shot

3. Hockey, obviously

4. Air Jordan, the amount of movies I've watched are limited

5. About a year, it's been fun though

6. My player doesn't have time to watch shows however he did like young Sheldon when he was a kid.

Honestly don't really care, just want to produce.

ill go on either trip, but if I had to pick one, I'd probably go with camping. so relaxing to be up in the woods. also would be nice to sit on a beach though.

football or hockey

give me goon or miracle

well i started playing during covid and stopped for a while but I'm back

6. Favorite TV show 

gotta be family guy