Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

Welcome to the inaugural Miami Marauders Press Conference! Right now we don't have any team members, but once you're drafted, come here and introduce yourself by answering these six questions:

1. Why and when did you join the VHL?

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season?

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room?

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders?

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of?

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic?

I joined on april 16th or 19th. I wanted to play a hockey related game online.

I write articles, do the practice, do vhlm.com articles and I hope to keep it up to build up my player.

It's all good..i like some banter and shit talk, but I'm not cool with personal attacks.

Passing, faceoffs, skating and puck handling are where i want to build. I also want to be active in the room and on the forum with point tasks etc.

first star and gwg in my beer league championship final was cool. Also, when I was younger I won a showshoe race which was stupid hard. Also, vhl related, I was quite proud to be Miami's first ever draft pick. :D

playing with my kids, having time to do some of the jobs the wife has lined up for me for the past 5 years. its also a good excuse to drike a bottle of wine at night after the kids are asleep. plus I havent shaved since the lockdown started!

About two weeks ago. Just looking for an awesome sim and discovered this style. I found it very unique and I'm excited to participate!

I suppose the normal way. Practice, I love writing articles, so that plus VHL.com articles, reviewing, and press conferences, of course! :)

I honestly haven't really done it, so I didn't have a lot of expectations. However, guys joking around, providing help for each other on build advice, getting extra TPE, things of that nature. I am really looking forward to discussing the games when they finally happen.

I'm consistent, determined, and a hard-worker. In the locker room, I don't do drama, so I'd probably be a calming presence there. From a build perspective, I plan on improving defense, skating, puckhandling, shooting, and the like. I'm really looking forward to developing a D-man who can contribute on the offensive end as well.

It actually came in a different sport! I played soccer a lot growing up, and going into the summer before my eighth grade year, our club's travel team hosted tryouts (I had only ever played rec soccer before). I actually asked a friend who was on the team if he thought I could make it, and he said no. I worked really hard, and there were some kids there who honestly belonged on the team ahead of me. But coach called and said because of my hard work and speed, I had made the team. It was the best year of club soccer of my life!

Taking in a lot of hockey, spending time with my family, and trying to keep priorities straight. When stuff like this happens, you really want to make sure the things you value are the right ones.

On 5/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigAL said:

Welcome to the inaugural Miami Marauders Press Conference! Right now we don't have any team members, but once you're drafted, come here and introduce yourself by answering these six questions:

1. April 10th. Discovered in a game. Found it interesting, decided to play it and had so much fun so far.

2. Press conferences and trying to find a free good photo editing software to try and making graphics, if i can't, media spots and sometimes welfare.

3. I like it very much, the team is active and positive 

But they also enjoy bacon.

4. As a goalie, i bring the best defense to making sure i save that puck, i bring my shot stopping skills and optimism to the team

But i am always improving each week as best as i can.

5. Getting drafted.

6. Vhl,minecraft lord of the rings mod and Bacon.

I joined on May 8th, as it was referred to me though some discord friends, and looked exciting as I love all things hockey! 

As a base it will be from practice and welfare, as well as VHL.com articles and graphics. As the season progresses, I expect myself to start getting into the big TPE earners.

I like being a part of a "family" of sorts, where we all become close with one another. Not much to dislike about a discord locker room, just keep any drama out.

I bring reliability  in the middle 6 of a roster. I pride myself on being a 200-foot player. My biggest strengths are both scoring and passing. I expect to build my  defense, passing, and face-offs as soon as possible. 

Winning a province championship with my high-school hockey team is definitely at the top. The perfect group of guys. 

Participating in alot of hockey related sim leagues like VHL keeps me busy, as well as video games. Constant runs, workouts, and shooting pucks in my driveway is keeping me active and on my feet.

On 5/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigAL said:

1. A friend of mine from another league that was about to fold recommended VHL to me for a hockey league in late April. I was a little cagey, but then I saw the beautiful interface.

2. Press conferences, trivia, fantasy and articles and graphics related to Seinfeld.

3.  The locker room seems a friendly place, which is good. It seems to have a serious shortage of free beer, though. I don't drink beer, so I think I can deal 

4. Strengths? I'm in the brute squad!

5. I kicked a much more experienced student's ass with the dagger at my HEMA club.

6. Spending time with my adorable baby.

On 5/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, bigAL said:

1. I joined last week when I saw a Reddit post for a different league, and someone in the comments said this league was better and I agreed with them after a quick look at the portal. 

2. Graphics, articles, and press conferences. 

3. Just want some friendly guys, maybe some teammates to play other games with, and of course a little shit talkin. 

4. Hopefully I will bring some goal scoring as one of the forwards on this team. 

5. In California so not much hockey here so I did Water polo, probably my tournament wins. 

6. Drinking.

Joined May 18th, was convinced by discord people. 

For the start I am planning on doing some of the smaller stuff, if I enjoy this enough I plan on doing high TPE earners.

Anyone who plans on outscoring me.. or even really talks about it.. maybe even if I hear they thought about it. Also just want everyone to get along, our discord seems chill.

My biggest strengths is anything to do with offense, my shot speed and stick handling are my biggest strengths,  I plan on building a little bit of passing into my game but I am going to be an elite scorer. I also think that my anything to win mentality is a good locker room trait.

Being invited to try out for a higher level of soccer in one of my first seasons of like actual soccer. 

Mostly playing other hockey sims and doing homework.. pretty lame eh?  

Edited by dart

1. Why and when did you join the VHL? May 20th and I played before took a break 

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season? Daily and weekly tasks 

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room? Seems be a good group 

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders? Speed

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of? Soccer 

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic? Working and what not 

1. Why and when did you join the VHL?  I joined VHL May 8th together with dlamb, when Enorama introduced us. I don't know why I joined, I guess I needed some more things to do.

2. How do you plan on earning TPE this season? I plan on doing everything possible, but I know there will be some weeks that I am too lazy, then I will just do lazy training.

3. What do you like and/or dislike in a team discord locker room? I like, that our discord locker room is very mature and really friendly.

4. What strengths do you bring to the Marauders? To Marauders I bring my Paint skills and my quick shot.

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of? I got 3rd place in table tennis tournament, where there were 4 participants.

6. What are you doing to bring you happiness during the pandemic? I am bullying boomers at hockey leagues and chilling.

Press Conference for the Week Ending May 31, 2020:

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season?

2. What has been the stat that you are most impressed with through one week?

3. What feedback do you have for the coach to make the team better for week 2?

4. Yukon has an open AGM position. What skills do you have that would make you a great team manager?

5. What's the one show or movie you've seen more than anything else?

6. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season? I think we’re off to a great start.

2. What has been the stat that you are most impressed with through one week? My assists .

3. What feedback do you have for the coach to make the team better for week 2? More practice 

4. Yukon has an open AGM position. What skills do you have that would make you a great team manager? Not interested thanks tho 

5. What's the one show or movie you've seen more than anything else? Greys lol 

6. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Haha 

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season? 

I have to agree, we seem to off to a good start.  Splitting our two games, one win one loss so far keeps the points ticking over.. We have collected a few scalps too. 

Our goaler @Bacon has been awesome so far, so his Sv % has been impressive.

He's doing a great job and is not afraid to change up the lines to get players going. I'd like to see a better kind of Rum in the water bottles tho, the current stuff is a bit chaep and nasty.

4. Yukon has an open AGM position. What skills do you have that would make you a great team manager? 

I'm a bit nuts. I'm active and my missus is hot. 

I recently finished Vikings for the 3rd time. 

6. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? 

As much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season?

1. I'd like to see us on the right side of .500, but for an expansion team with a bunch of unproven kids, I'm pretty happy.

2. Definitely Bacon's save percentage in the opening Sim. Dude was clutch.

3. We need to decide a strategy to improve shot suppression. Maybe focus our defenders more on our own end?

4. I have tons of experience with STHS, as a former GM in another league and as a simmer.

5. As I kid,I watched my Peter Pan cassette (he's that old?!) so many times it broke.

6. This is impossible to calculate without all the digits of pi.

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season?

Of course, you always want to be at the top of the standings, however in our 1st year in team history, we've been keeping games close, and i'm fairly happy with it.

I have 9 points (6 goals) in 8 games. Pretty solid for my TPE, and i'm very excited about it.

With the amount of talent we have right now, I think coaching has put us perfectly in a position to succeed. We could definitely play a little better defensively though. 

While I don't think I have the experience right now to become an AGM, I am active, outgoing, supportive, and willing to learn to help any team in any ways possible. 

The Office (US) for sure. It's usually on as background noise every night before I go to bed, but I can still know everything that is going on if I listen for even a second. Probably seen it 20-25 times all the way through. 

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season?

I am very happy with the season we are having, we may not be a .500 team but we have had close games and shown our players all have high potential. 

I think rather than impressed I'm a little dumbfounded by my lack of scoring in the start of this young season, I'm not concerned at all as the scoring will come but still.. not the start me or my team wanted.

I have nothing but good things to say about our Coach. Just keep helping the prospects.

I am active and talkative and very easygoing, but I don't believe I am ready to be an AGM. 

I'd have to say it's The Office or American Dad, I usually have netflix just going in the background of whatever I'm doing so I watch lots.

It really depends on how big the wood chuck is, an average woodchuck is about 41 cm in length and weighs about 3.9 kg on average and an M1 Abrams weighs 60 tons and is 

32.25 FT in length and an Abrams can chuck lots. So if a woodchuck was the size of an Abrams it could probably chuck lots too. 

15 hours ago, bigAL said:

1.An absolute wonderful start to the season, it could have been worse but we are a new team and that is pretty impressive on how well we did so far. With a bit more adjustments, we may even do even better.

2. Kosmo, with 10 assists!

3. Add a little more players on the offensive side, we aren't scoring enough, our denfece is solid so far

4. Im communicative, good problem solving skills, a bit creative.

5. Godzilla franchises.

6. As much as it wants, but it really depends on the woodchuck's cappabilities.

Pretty good overall. A lot of people would think we would be hard-pressed to win even one game, but we've shown we can play as a team, and outplay our attributes, so to speak. I have no illusions about how far we can go, but at the same time, playoffs are not out of the question.

We're not too far back as far as goal differential. Sometimes when you technically have a losing record, you expect to see that reflected in the goal differential. Here, while it is negative, it is not nearly as negative as it usually is in this type of situation. That's a good sign!

We have to find a way to do better on the power-play. Sometimes we do OK, sometimes we blank.

I am consistent, active, and a good presence in the locker room. I encourage and educate, and these are much-needed qualities. That said, I would probably not want to be an AGM right now, as I am still learning much.

Probably The Office, followed by Star Trek: TNG and DS9. They're really good shows!

Well, modally speaking, if a woodchuck possessed the ability to chuck wood, then we know a woodchuck could chuck a non-zero amount of wood in at least one possible world. Using a kind of patchwork principle, we can then infer that if there is a possible world φ at which said woodchuck chucks wood, there are probably such φ-worlds that include his chucking two pieces of wood, and three, and so on. In fact, other than his lifespan being limited modally (as in, it's impossible for said woodchuck to exist for a certain amount of time, metaphysically speaking), there is nothing, off-hand, that delimits the mere possibility of the woodchuck's chucking so much wood so as to approach infinity in a particular φ-world.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, bigAL said:

1. I like this start for us. It shows that we are a competitive team but  the losses make us hungry for more. I know in the locker room a lot of guys are looking to put in more work to show these teams what we got. 

2. I would say my favorite stat is  the stat line of our goalie Bacon. The goalie is such an important roll and when you have a guy like Bacon in the net it just help the whole team feel confident. He has been good start during this season so far and his save percentage has been pretty great for the guys we have to put on the ice right now. By the end of the season we'll turning it up for him I am sure as the whole team works on defense.

3. I think coach needs to work on our defensive strategy. We need to be helping our goalie out. Fighting down low and moving out the screens, gotta stop chasing the puck and look to get interceptions in our zones that lead to mismatches on the other side of the ice. 

4. If I were to be an AGM my biggest contributions would be in brain storming ideas for the team to participate in to bring up moral and team bonding. 

5. I've seen Avatar: The Last Airbender more times than I can count. An amazing show and its great even as an adult. I would recommend it to anyone and it just got released on Netflix! 

6. All the wood. 

1. Miami finished the first week of games sitting at 3W-5L, good for 8th in our 12 team league. How do you feel about our team's start to the season? I think we are doing fine. At the start of the season everyone said that we will suck really bad, but it is not that bad.

2. What has been the stat that you are most impressed with through one week? I am not being worried about my stats. Main thing is community and we have really good one here in Miami.

3. What feedback do you have for the coach to make the team better for week 2? No feedback for me, only good words! Keep up the good work, coach!

4. Yukon has an open AGM position. What skills do you have that would make you a great team manager? I wouldn't be a great team manager, because I really suck at these jobs.

5. What's the one show or movie you've seen more than anything else? Santa Clarita Diet, so goofy but really funny. Too bad they canceled last season...

6. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Sure.

Yo yo yo, what's up Marauders? We've got another media scrum assembled for you here:

1.   We’re about a month into the VHLM season now. What has been your favourite game to play in so far?

2.   The drama off the ice in Miami is likely more compelling than the action on the ice this season, with all the assault, tomfoolery, and general mischief involving some or all of our team’s players. Which storyline(s) are you enjoying or following most?

3.   Have you heard that the World Junior Championship (WJC) is coming up this summer? It’s a seasonal tournament that features the best VHL prospects up to 300 TPE. Which of the WJC five teams will you be cheering for: America, Asia, Canada, Europe, or World?

4.   Who from our team should make the roster of their WJC team, and why?

5.   What’s your favourite TPE task to do? Why?

6.   What makes you get hyped up about simulation hockey?

Yo yo yo, what's up Marauders? We've got another media scrum assembled for you here:

1.   We’re about a month into the VHLM season now. What has been your favourite game to play in so far?
I enjoyed all of them thanks 

2.   The drama off the ice in Miami is likely more compelling than the action on the ice this season, with all the assault, tomfoolery, and general mischief involving some or all of our team’s players. Which storyline(s) are you enjoying or following most?
Haven’t been following sorry .

3.   Have you heard that the World Junior Championship (WJC) is coming up this summer? It’s a seasonal tournament that features the best VHL prospects up to 300 TPE. Which of the WJC five teams will you be cheering for: America, Asia, Canada, Europe, or World? Canada I hope 

4.   Who from our team should make the roster of their WJC team, and why? 

We are all good 

5.   What’s your favourite TPE task to do? Why? Trivia as we learn new stuff about the league and stuff

6.   What makes you get hyped up about simulation hockey? It’s unpredictable

6 hours ago, bigAL said:

1.   We’re about a month into the VHLM season now. What has been your favourite game to play in so far?

2.   The drama off the ice in Miami is likely more compelling than the action on the ice this season, with all the assault, tomfoolery, and general mischief involving some or all of our team’s players. Which storyline(s) are you enjoying or following most?

3.   Have you heard that the World Junior Championship (WJC) is coming up this summer? It’s a seasonal tournament that features the best VHL prospects up to 300 TPE. Which of the WJC five teams will you be cheering for: America, Asia, Canada, Europe, or World?

4.   Who from our team should make the roster of their WJC team, and why?

5.   What’s your favourite TPE task to do? Why?

6.   What makes you get hyped up about simulation hockey?

1. Every game i played for Miami was a favorite.

2. What drama? All i see is bacon in the locker room fridge

3. I will support mother russia and her allies.

4. Andre is our main scorer , top guy on the team.

5. Press conferences are the best due to amazing questions and easy to do.

6. The fact i get to make a future hof goalie and it is determined by me how he gets there.

I joined the VHL sometime last summer because I like hockey and ShawnGlade invited me.

Mostly through graphics. I'm not great, but I like to think of it as a little hobby. Sadly I've been very busy recently.

I like when people are real with me. If I'm not doing my job then I want them to tell me how it is. Not a fan of the ultra friendly locker rooms. 

None, as my player is on the Seattle Bears. But perhaps my future player might bring a championship to the Marauders...

5. What's the sports-related achievement you are most proud of? 

I've won a few championships in baseball and football throughout my childhood that I'm proud of. 

Playing hockey as often as I can. It was a long wait and I'm ready to get back on the grind again.

1.   We’re about a month into the VHLM season now. What has been your favourite game to play in so far?
Without a doubt, it has to be our game against Houston. (GM 18) I had a hat trick, and a 4 point night. Of course my first game was a great experience, but, come on, scoring goals is always fun. Especially when you get the W. https://vhlportal.com/gameview/72/VHLM72-18.html?VHLM=True

2.   The drama off the ice in Miami is likely more compelling than the action on the ice this season, with all the assault, tomfoolery, and general mischief involving some or all of our team’s players. Which storyline(s) are you enjoying or following most?
My good friend Osens has gotten into quite a bit of trouble, whether it be on or off the ice, I love that the guy puts his heart and soul into everything he does.

3.   Have you heard that the World Junior Championship (WJC) is coming up this summer? It’s a seasonal tournament that features the best VHL prospects up to 300 TPE. Which of the WJC five teams will you be cheering for: America, Asia, Canada, Europe, or World?

I have heard, I hope to be a part of it as either a player or staff. Probably Canada, as it's proudly my country, but Asia is also always fun to watch.

4.   Who from our team should make the roster of their WJC team, and why?

Is it cheating if I say everyone? If it is, Kosmo Kramerev has been an absolute beast, he should be there without a doubt. I'd also like to see our captain, Andre LeBastard, get the WJC nod. Both are more than deserving.

5.   What’s your favourite TPE task to do? Why?

So far, i am enjoying doing graphics. I thought I would like articles more, but I have been really enjoying teaching myself photo editing, and I hope to get better and better. Press conferences are also easy and fun to do. (Like this one!)

6.   What makes you get hyped up about simulation hockey?

Seeing my player grow and contribute to a team, I just love to see. I also get to work on some writing and photo editing skills, things I am definitely not an expert in, so that helps.