a 2 year outlook based on the current Menace roster

Telkster

Moscow have kicked off the season with a solid 3-2 start. While the future seems uncertain on where Moscow will be in the next 2 years, I'll try to give a good breakdown of what we could see in the next 2 years.

Goalers

Raymond Bernard is back between the iron for Moscow as he continues to pile on tpe. Bernard has been the starter for a while now. In 2 seasons, you can expect him to handle depreciation quite comfortably. Bernard is only getting better, and has a lot of life left in his career. He will certainly be the backbone for this Menace team in the years to come. Besides Clayton Park, Moscow doesn't have a solidified backup, but then again, who really does? With no goaler prospects in the system, next year may be the right time to go grab a young goaler so he can transition smoothly as Bernard leaves.

Defense 

Pavlov is this years no questions asked #1 D man for Moscow, but he will be entering his last season in 2 seasons from now. Clarke and Perry are good depth options for the Menace, While Perry may still be around in a season or 2, Clarke will have retired by then. Lagesson is a good young defense men with lots of room to grow and many more seasons. Lagesson will have his eyes on him a lot more as his role changes in the next 2 years. Fortunately, Moscow have some prospects at defense, and this is where the make it or break it talk really gets interesting. Alex Letang was drafted 11oa this season. and you should certainly expect him to be in the Menace lineup in 2 seasons from now. Harris is another prospect who looks like a question mark going forward. Whether Moscow will be able to have the fire power on the blue line going forward is the biggest question. 

Forwards

Time will unfortunately deal its blow to the Menace upfront, No Tocco or Jaguar for the Menace in 2 seasons. Zoiderberg will be in his final season with the Menace, Foilen and Telker will be just a year behind that. Moscow have a decent amount of prospects to try and somewhat fill the void. Centerman Cole Newhook was a late 3rd round draft pick this season, to even make the Moscow lineup as a regular would be considered a win for the Moscow faithful. RW Krestanovich is an early 3rd round pick from this year, with a good start to the season in Saskatoon, it looks like he could be on pace to become a real solid player in Moscow. That's something you can't complain about at all with a 3rd rounder. Lucas Brandt is another center with every shot of becoming the next #1 in Moscow, and should already be making an impact in a couple seasons.  I just glanced as his season start and he put up 14 points in the opening 6 games?! Just nuts, Keep that up! Back to the wing, we have another RW in the likes of Remy Moreau. This late late 2nd rounder is already showing off his experience in the VHLM with a point per game pace to start the season. I guess the main question for the forwards is, is this enough of a prospect pool to cover the future? I think only time can answer this question. 

Edited by Telkster

Review 

Overall, I really enjoyed this Moscow outlook - it's not often that players outside of GMs will analyze their team's future, especially when talking about anything beyond this season. The article's formatting is reasonable - but I might suggest trialing adding an extra line between your sections next time just to see if it adds anything.

In terms of actual writing - make sure you're including periods at the end of sections; the second sentence in your first paragraph doesn't have a period, and I don't think this was repeated elsewhere. Furthermore, as best you can, try limiting repetition: you started the Goalers section with Raymond Bernard/Bernard/Bernard as your first words, though like the period criticism it only happened in one section.

Overall, I only have small nitpicks. Fantastic work!

18 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

Review 

Overall, I really enjoyed this Moscow outlook - it's not often that players outside of GMs will analyze their team's future, especially when talking about anything beyond this season. The article's formatting is reasonable - but I might suggest trialing adding an extra line between your sections next time just to see if it adds anything.

In terms of actual writing - make sure you're including periods at the end of sections; the second sentence in your first paragraph doesn't have a period, and I don't think this was repeated elsewhere. Furthermore, as best you can, try limiting repetition: you started the Goalers section with Raymond Bernard/Bernard/Bernard as your first words, though like the period criticism it only happened in one section.

Overall, I only have small nitpicks. Fantastic work!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yeah writing is something ill try and continue to work on. Thanks for pointing out the small errors. I'll keep that in mind for next time!