A Sit with Tit - Episode 3

Episode 3: A Sit with Tit – Inclusivity

Hello and welcome to Episode Three of A Sit with Tit with me your host none other than @BigTittySmitty. Today we continue to focus on players in the upcoming VHL Draft with our first guest being non other than Kirishima Wakaro who hails from the beautiful nation of Japan. We also have Matty Socks joining today as well. Out last guest is a very special guest, I was able to secure Viktor Mjers to close the show. Before we begin today’s episode, I want to comment on how well the VHL has embraced Pride Month where many logos and team branding have been updated to reflect the rainbow that represents Pride Month.

For those that have wondered why a Rainbow Flag. I took the internet and found the following information as per Encyclopedia Britannica:

It goes back to 1978, when the artist Gilbert Baker, an openly gay man and drag queen, designed the first rainbow flag. Baker later revealed that he was urged by Harvey Milk, one of the first openly gay elected officials in the U.S., to create a symbol of pride for the gay community. Baker decided o make that symbol a flag because he saw flags as the most power symbol of pride. As he later said in an interview, “Out job as gay people was to come out, to be visible, to live in the truth, as I say, to get out of the lie. A flag really fit that mission, because that’s a way of proclaiming your visibility or saying, ‘This is who I am!” Baker saw the rainbow as a natural flag from the sky, so he adopted eight colors for the stripes, each color with its own meaning (hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for art, indigo for harmony, and violet for spirit.) - Encyclopedia Britannica - How Did the Rainbow Flag Become a Symbol of LGBT Pride

Such an amazing look at what the flag means, with the VHL being a league who has goals of being inclusive to all members and to help the communities where they can. The league has decided to donate to the following charities. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and to Spirit North. The league has raised the $2000 they set out to for charity and as well they are adding in another $500 from the league account for this fundraiser. So that means we should see a 50/50 split of $2500 or more for both charities. (See More information About the Donation Drive Here)

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been advised as we are just getting our first guest ready for the show that we will be throwing it to commercial break. When we come back we will have Kirishima Wakaro with us first.

image.png.1448a5b70a94e4640d152a76a250b5b2.png

Welcome back everyone, like promised we have defencemen Kirishima Wakaro with us now joining us online like all our other guests due to the crazy world of COVID-19.

BTS: Hello Kirishima, welcome to “A Sit with Tit”, we are so glad to have you on today’s episode.

Krishima: Hey! Big fan of the show. Loved the previous episodes. Glad to be on!

BTS: With the VHL showing a great effort for inclusivity now, raising money towards the ALCU, as well as Spirit North, and finally the league has taken by storm for some re-branding of their logos to be inclusive of Pride Month. For someone who hails from Japan where hockey is not as noticed compared to baseball or Tennis. What does this mean to you?

Kirishima: I love it. In my opinion sport doesn’t matter in this case. Support the people in need is always a good cause. Knowing what is happening out there in the world I'm sure people are grateful for our efforts.

BTS: You were drafted in the second round by the Mexico City Kings and our inside source has made comment about the current branding that we can assume the intention was to honor the fallen Aztec civilization when it came to the logo. Yet, it missed the mark, as it appears the person used looks more with the head dress to be more of Sioux dissent. We know you as @Snussu have ties to this team in a management capacity. What do you say to the team now exploring this idea? Is it something you would endorse?

Snussu/Kirishma: I was around when the team was founded, back then i didn’t think much of the logo. I thought it was a cool idea. But if the current management has found out it actually represents the wrong civilization by all mean I encourage the idea of changing it up. In terms of fully rebranding and changing location I don’t currently have an opinion. It depends very much about where. If the Management can come up with something cool and Unique (unlike Pittsburgh) I'm all for it.

BTS: You spend a lot of time in a locker room full of Canadians, Russians, Americans mostly, outside of Jeremy Lin. How has that helped you transition from Japan to playing in Mexico City? How have your team mates been as you adjust to North America?

Kirishima: It has actually been very smooth transaction. Been having a blast and hockey has tied us together. Team mates have been very welcoming and giving some crap about my accent, but it's not a big deal for me. I can always throw something back at them.

BTS: What do you hope to accomplish in your career? What is the ultimate goal?

Kirishima: i hope to get drafted to VHL in 3rd or 4th round. Ultimate goal is to win Defeseman of the year but i hope i can be even nominated. And a cup or two would be nice

BTS: Last question as I know we have taken up a lot of your time. What team would you like to be drafted to?

Kirishima: I think my top 2 teams right now are HC Davos Dynamo and D.C Dragons. I'm really not opposed to be drafted by other teams’ ether!

BTS: Thank you for coming on the show Kirishima, it was great having you on. We at A Sit with Tit wish you the best of luck in the upcoming VHL Draft.

Kirishima: Thank you for having me! I wish good luck to all of the other rookies!

I am being advised we need to head to commercial break. Once we return from commercial break, we will have Matty Socks with us on the show.

image.png.b4fde941fd94117c14915b9086aac97b.png

BTS: Hello everyone and thanks for coming back. Today we have @fishy who represents her client Matty Socks. Yes folks. I said it. The secret is out of the bag. In sim leagues that I have been in it seems the great majority of users are male, so for some it may surprise when the other person on the other end of that keyboard is not male. I do not mean that as a negative as it is always amazing to have men and women within our league as it gives the league a different experience. I am honestly so proud to introduce her to the masses on A Sit with Tit. Welcome to the show. We are so glad you could take the time to join us.

Fishy: I'm really glad to be here! Definitely stoked that you reached out!!

BTS: I am so glad we could get everything worked out so we could chat. This week’s theme to this show is inclusivity and this is why I am so glad you are our second guest today. I am assuming since I know that your team mates in Las Vegas know about this fact. When the team found out how did they react?

Fishy: Honestly, they didn't really react much, which I didn't really mind. They found out from a podcast that Spartan and I did. When @Spartan initially invited me to the league, he was asking whether he should be ambiguous by sticking with "they" when he talked about me, which I appreciated. It was kind of funny to scroll up in the Las Vegas Aces discord and see folks referring to me as "he," though. It felt like my own lil secret.

BTS: I can understand how that would be. I have others come out and use sim leagues for their own lifestyles and a place to feel comfortable. I hope you realize its not an old meathead idea that everyone and anyone here is a guy. Many sim leaguers understand the world of people either identifying as another gender or term or in you case actually being of female. That is why its so great to have.

Since you name dropped Spartan and I was hoping if he was going to come up it would be a bit later on. In sim leagues, sadly I know when a couple joins the league there always seem to be some form of collusion that happens between the two. Free Agency, draft strategies, etc. What do you plan to do differently so that stigma does not stick to you where folks may just think you are a Spartan multi?

Fishy: Well, I decided to join the VHLM because Spartan and I are currently ~600 miles apart. Before I met him, I didn't watch hockey at all. As I got more and more into it, hockey became something that we were able to share and enjoy together. Being far apart and the NHL season being suspended sucks, but the sim league seemed like a really cool and fun way to for us build on that common interest in a way that was more engaging and potentially long-term.

More toward your question, though. Spartan being on the Aces obviously played a strong role in why I chose the team. I joined the league to share it with him, and being on the same team seemed like a cool first start. It's really easy for him to help me navigate and understand the league, and I'm really glad that I have him as that resource. Hell, he's even our GM now. When I first started, he was helping me claim TPE each week, directing me to the opportunities, and suggesting when I should do things. Now, though, even just a few weeks in, I'm grabbing those opportunities before he gets a chance to remind me. I'm slowly getting on my feet and figuring out how to build a player who's going to be good for the team.

Despite all the help he's given me, I think that by the time the draft rolls around, I'm going to have a much better grip on what's going on and will be more willing to jump into uncharted territory (i.e., get excited about playing on a different team with folks I don't know).

Pretty much everything I know about the VHLM I've learned from @Spartan, so it's nearly inevitable that we'll think through things similarly. As I gain more experience, I'll be able to create a player and persona that's independent of him. Until then, I'll undoubtedly be using the valuable knowledge he has to optimize my game and strategy.

BTS: That is a great way to look at things and I am so glad that you are getting excited to claim those ever so glorious training session points, even before he is ready to let you know they are there. That is going to be huge for you in the upcoming draft. The one thing I can tell you from experience in many leagues, many players all with different personas. What should we expect the Fish persona to bring to your future draft team? What does Fish bring to the Aces?

Fishy:I'll be honest and say that I'm still trying to figure that out. My main priority right now with the league is to update consistently and get involved. That's why I did the podcast with Spartan, why I was eager to talk to you, things of the sort.

I like to think that my player, Matty Socks, offers a lot of the same strengths that I have. Consistently working towards goals and staying committed to what's important to him. It's important for me to feel like I'm connected with him somehow in order to stay engaged with the game, and so far, it's worked well!!

BTS: If anyone knows all about feeling that connection to be able to identify with your own player, I think I am a poster child for that. Identity is important and part of identity is feeling accepted by those around you. You have been well accepted by the community whether you have Spartan’s aid helping you get through the early familiarity grind. Many people in the world today do not have a proper self of identity, whether its cultural, sexual or a hybrid of both. I hate to draw on this factor as someone in the VHL who is also another minority how do you feel about the league transforming itself where on discord we have many teams updating their branding with Rainbowed themes including the VHL and the league logo. How does that make you feel the league is doing this? Is there something critical you would like to add that could help the league continue to be more inclusive to all walks of life?

Fishy: There are so many factors to identity, so many ways for folks to express themselves and feel at home in their bodies and environments. I'm really happy to see the updated logos with the rainbow colors. I was also really glad to hear that the VHL was making a public statement and effort for the Black Lives Matter movement. My biggest worry, though, is that these sentiments are short-lived. Will the VHL continue to care about the BLM movement once the media stops covering the protests?

I appreciate the fact that we've made a step in the direction of inclusivity, but there's definitely a difference between having a rainbow logo and supporting the LGBTQ+ community. I just hope that, if teams are changing their logos, they're supporting the community in one way or another. I'm not here to say what support looks like or how to do it "the right way," because there isn't one, but I will say that I fully expect people to treat everyone with respect & kindness. Up to this point, I've seen that. The fact that the Aces didn't really care about the fact that I was a girl was pretty cool. They don't give a shit that I'm a girl because there's really no reason for them to care.

One thing I appreciate about the VHL(M) is that social identities don't really matter. My gender doesn't influence anything in how I build a character. My sexuality doesn't affect how I build my player, nor my race, nationality, or age. That in itself, I think, allows for a degree of inclusivity that you don't get with in real life activities. I'd just hope that the inclusivity and kindness that I, personally, have seen continues.

BTS: I couldn’t have said it any better myself. I am just hoping when I see these things its an actual show of support to anyone who may feel they need that support. There isn’t a point in doing any of it if its all for nothing. I know terrible way to transition to the next topic but we all join leagues like this for and end purpose. Whether that be someone who scores the most goals, or makes the most money or wins the most championships. What are your goals for Matty Socks?

Fishy: I don't have an end goal at this point. Like I mentioned earlier, I joined the VHLM as a way to kind of "hang out" with Spartan. I'm realizing that I'm down for the long-haul, but I'm not sure of long-term goals at the moment. I know that sounds terrible, I'll admit, but I'm honestly just having fun and rolling with the punches right now. As I spend more time in the league, I'll get a better grip on what the league really has to offer.

Until I get a more firm understanding of what I'm hoping to get out of the league, I'll probably just stick to building a strong defenseman. How? I'm not sure yet, but I've got some really great resources, considering that LVA's first d-line has really shown up this season.

BTS: With the upcoming draft just around the corner. Have you thought about the VHL Draft? What teams are you interested in joining? Have any reached out to you?

Fishy: Honestly, I'm not really familiar with the VHL at all!!!! I haven't done much looking into teams, nor has anyone reached out. All my focus has been in the minors!

BTS: Beside Spartan being your GM and all things related to Spartan. What has been the best moment so far in your young VHL career?

Fishy: HAHA …. I've had a good time hanging out in the LVA Discord to be honest. A lot of the people in there are already bros, so it's fun watching them interact. They keep the good vibes rolling, which is super important.

It's also always fun to have a good game where Matty really pulls through for the team!!!

BTS: That's so great to hear... I would have sworn that would have gotten a reaction from him. I guess the rumours are true that you locked him away for the interview so he wouldn't steal your thunder. But before we let you go as you've been incredible and so much fun to chat with. I just wanted to give you an opportunity to say something that you feel is important that I may have not asked about as there could be so much to talk about. But remember, this is a family show! uncomfortably laughs

Spartan rushes into camera view shaking his head  

Spartan:  I am not locked away. I just have to make sure she doesn't embarrass herself on such a prestigious show, so I've been doing my jobs in the shadows. So far so good! But I know that her and I are intertwined in many ways, but she's taking the steps to blaze her own trail, and I'm really proud of her and excited to see where her time in the VHL takes her. She's learned a lot about hockey and sim leagues over the past few months, and I'm just really glad that this is an experience I get to share with her.

BTS: Oh, make sure she doesn't embarrass herself... I won't start asking questions. I don't want to cause any drama in paradise. That's another network.  Yes, she has been quite interesting for sure and we are seeing great strides in her game. Are you trying to convince your VHL GM to pick her up in the draft? Where do you think she could end up if not with you?

Spartan: I'm not sure if Moscow will be able to pick her up, simply due to a lack of 2nd/3rd round picks. With the recent trades of top forwards out of Moscow, I figure Victor will look to make additions offensively. Apart from that, I'm not quite sure which teams could take her, but I'm sure that she'll succeed wherever she goes. Would be really nice to have her join me in Moscow though. We have plenty of vodka.

BTS: Awwww so cute... The producers are also agreeing about the Moscow vodka being an excellent product. They are demanding you ship some over to them as they can't head over to Moscow to get it. They are also advising me that we somehow went a little extra over on the time allowed and we got to wrap things up. Which is quite sad as having you both on the show has been great. Yes, even you Spartan with you crashing the interview.

Fishy: I wouldn't say that he crashed it, you practically sent him an invite!! I don't have much else to say at this point!! Thanks for having me, I've had a really good time! I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!!!

BTS: Yeah, that's true for sure. I guess I did do that after all. With that said it’s honestly been a huge pleasure to have you both on the show. A fun experience having the two of you on the show gives our viewers a unique take on how we are all living during the lock down. Matty Socks, it was great having you on the show and we here at A Sit with Tit want to wish you the best of luck in the upcoming draft. @Spartan, thanks for dropping in on us here. Maybe one day we can get an exclusive interview with you in the future.

Ladies and gentlemen, that was the very unique and first time ever couples’ interview here on A Sit with Tit. Up next our last guest is a recent new member of the Mexico City Kings who was acquired before the trade deadline and has been a huge help to the organization on defence. He has been a fun addition to the Mexico City Organization. Without further ado we would like to welcome Viktor Mjers. Mjers is represented by Player Agent @InstantRockstar. InstantRockstar  is the General Manager of the San Diego Marlins. We are just going to kick it to commercial break as we get IR on the line with us.

image.png.e9fca091473d98f474d2edf9ef0562dd.png

BTS: Thanks for joining us after the break everyone. Like I mentioned before we have @InstantRockstar and his client Viktor Mjers with us now. We are so glad you could be here today. My first question since this week we discuss the league’s decision to open the donation drive and support the ALCU and Spirit North. As well the league has taken by the initiative to update many brand logos in Pride Colors. How does this make you feel?

Mjers: Honestly, I love the feeling the league has created in the atmosphere by supporting such a great month and a great cause. I think Pride Month is very much a huge topic to this day and to see everyone come together for the greater good of it all and just show the support is awesome. With so much shit going on around the world, you never know what kind of impacts it can have on other movements but it looks like this is going strong and it makes me happy inside to know it.

BTS: I am so glad you decided to share your personal experiences related to Pride Month, the importance of the Black Lives Movement in your recent op-ed with the league. You have mentioned many tragedies within this piece and this is why I wanted to bring you onto the show this week. Not to try to exploit your experience but give you a platform to talk about them. Especially considering you are a very highly sought-after prospect in my opinion where I put you in my top 5 of this upcoming draft. With lots of potential for your stock to change. If there is a way, I can best ask this question it’s a very hard question to ask given the circumstances going on in the world. What advice would you give a friend if they do not feel accepted by society through any reason of their own to try to feel they are valued?

Mjers: Honestly, I just want anyone to know that they have safe places to speak with people and visit and just receive any type of help they need, and they do not need to feel alone in this fight, no matter the fight they are fighting. I can't say I've ever had the issue of being racially profiled, and because I am straight, I have never had to endure bullying for my preferences of any reason, but I do know that I would stand toe to toe with any of them to help them through whatever they are going through, because I witnessed two of my best friends perish for reasons beyond their control, and it was heartbreaking as ever to see. I couldn't imagine someone dying alone, or being taken from their loved ones for something they cannot control, it still makes me cringe to know that two beautiful souls lost their life to such a horrible reasoning.

BTS: You my friend are a wise one. I have known you for many, many years from outside sim leagues like this which I believe we played in a bunch of EHM sim leagues where we competed hard for championship teams. Sometimes battling it out for playoff supremacy. Where change and sometimes the competitive edge comes out and sadly sometimes the wrong things can get said. For those who are growing and learning. What would you think are the next best things someone can do to grow and learn from so that we can continue to have the inclusive culture we are starting to see more and more around the VHL and in the world?

Mjers: I think a lot of people need to educate themselves on the topics before they speak. If you haven't experienced something that is being fought for, the least you can do is educate yourself so that fighting for something actually makes sense. I see a lot of people rioting and just doing things the wrong way, making a mess of countries and completely slandering the true identity behind the movements going on and it's just heartbreaking, because to me it just insinuates the wrong impression on those that are fighting the cause for the right reason. All I can hope is more people choose to read and review before piping up.

BTS: Wise words and words I believe every viewer at home should take quite seriously. Before I flip the script a little and start focusing on the upcoming draft. Is there anything about this subject you would like to tell the studio audience at home. Something our team may have missed to ask as I want to make sure we cover as many important things for them to know about this topic. It’s not an easy topic to cover especially given your experience with the subject. I just don’t want to push too hard.

Mjers: Honestly, I think the questions has covered everything that needed to be covered. As long as people keep an open mind and remember that everyone impacted by these struggles are human just like us, I can't see it possibly failing.

BTS: Speaking of keeping an open mind. You speaking to your agent @InstantRockstar is the General Manager of the San Diego Marlins and your player was eligible for the minors this year. How come you traded your player to Mexico City?

IR: Well, my team wasn't competing this year, he was actually in the draft as I had acquired him via waivers the season prior. He was originally selected by Halifax and when they began to sell off this year, Mjers was moved to Mexico in the hopes of raising a championship which he has yet to do. I am really excited to be in Mexico, I am huge fan of the team and their GM, we've been good friends for a while now so its all fun and games.

BTS: Yeah that was on me. I guess I should fire the research team for not looking deeper into everything. I was going to ask about how you transitioned over to Mexico City and if they were welcoming you with open arms but it appears, they are and I am so glad to hear it. I asked your fellow team mate and draftee and if memory serves me correctly your defence partner Kirishima Wakaro, what is your take on the Mexico City Kings logo saga? Many view it completely racists and historically inaccurate as it appears the picture used looks closer to historical images of Sitting Bull of the Sioux and not of legendary Aztec military or famous leaders from the Aztec Civilization which is what the inspiration of for the logo should be.

IR: Personally I don't think it's that far out there to call it racist, I don't see it myself but that is just one opinion. I know the GM @Motzaburger is not the most in love with the concept and the region in which the team resides, but this could also play into his thought process as well. But like I said, for me just being one person, I do not see it being racist.

BTS: Hypothetically, if that logo were to essentially be given to a team where the Sioux lived would it make a lot more sense? Historically they lived in the Mid-Western United States and into Canada. Would it be better if for example if the league is worried about losing a brand that they just change it for a team that currently plays in the Mid-West where they would just need to change the city name? Then allow Mexico City to relocate or rebrand or maybe relocate to a location where the Sioux were known to live to honour the Sioux Civilization? If so, could that still be viewed as racist or honouring the tribe and culture of the Sioux people?

IR: I would think it makes more sense absolutely, as the style for Mexico City is kind of lost in this logo and not really transparent, where-as it could be used where the Sioux are known to reside and that would be more logical, then allowing them to switch Mexico City for a rebrand and everyone being happy whether they thought it was racist or not!

BTS: I wonder if the league would be willing to work with this idea. As for me the current logo for Minnesota just does not make sense. But beside that, I was wondering as now I want to focus on Mjers specially within the VHL and VHLM. What are your goals for this upcoming season and potentially next season?

Mjers: I think for me the goal is just to continue to improve, improve my draft stock and really show people I mean business. The Mjers name is somewhat known from Viktor's grandfather who played in the VHL 40+ years ago now and because of this, he has a lot to live up to. I am very excited for my client to take his next steps to the VHL after this season but for now we are just taking it one season at a time and he is just looking to win it with Mexico City.

BTS: With so many hard yet important questions today. I want to let you have an easy question to end our interview today. As in all honesty I could keep asking questions all day to be honest. What team would you like to be drafted to?

Mjers: There are so many excellent GM's and teams I've surprisingly never played for, so its hard to pinpoint an exact location. I think for fun sakes, one of the newer teams would be enjoyable, or an expansion if they come around to being implemented in time for the draft. Otherwise, some teams I've never played on like Riga, Toronto would also be neat, but again I am just happy to go with whoever takes me and give them my all

BTS: It’s been a huge pleasure having you with us on the show Viktor. We are so glad you took the time out of your day to join us. I want to personally wish you the best of luck in the future upcoming draft.

Mjers: Thank you for having me on, it was a pleasure ?

Ladies and gentlemen, we had an amazing show with excellent guests in Mjers, Socks, and Wakaro we even got a guest appearance from Spartan as well. That was a great surprise for all of us. When it comes to all three of the prospects, we interviewed today I see Mjers as a first round talent, I also see Socks and Wakaro as 2nd – 3rd round picks. It all depends if our GMs are a little crazy and go off the board somewhere. Just so our fans are aware next week we will not be having our normal show. The VHSC is working on something special for next week so look out for that. As well, if you want to be a guest on the show. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me. That’s been today’s episode of A Sit with Tit, we once again what to thank our guests for joining us. So, with that in closing remember don’t be a bunch of jerks…. have A Sit with Tit.

Once again thanks to Snussu for the "A Sit with Tit" Graphic

SitWithTitLogo.png

Edited by BigTittySmitty