Another short film

• Commissioner

Leaving a comment so I don’t forget to watch this later. Years of Boubabi giving me GFX criticism so now with him in my world it’s my turn :P

On 6/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, Beketov said:

Leaving a comment so I don’t forget to watch this later. Years of Boubabi giving me GFX criticism so now with him in my world it’s my turn :P

south park pc GIF

This is great. I see the commercial for this school all the time in the metro and it makes me regret I didn't do something else with my life.

Looking forward to seeing your other projects!

• Commissioner

Honestly not much to critique. Most of my complaints would be audio related. Some of the SFX just didn’t seem to line up well and the music to me just didn’t really fit the cut that well. Like it felt as if it should have built a lot more than it did.

In general the pacing was a bit slow but I guess that was the point? Just kinda had nothing happening and then everything happening, would have liked to see things maybe building more tension. Like I loved the mist crawling up through the house, give me more of that tension building the whole time to get the creepy atmosphere going.

Being picky there were a couple of shots that weren’t super blended. The phone dangling felt like it didn’t belong in the atmosphere for some reason to me and a few shots of the mist felt like it wasn’t clinging to surfaces as I’d expect.

Overall though, very well done. Some scenes obviously looked better than others (the fish on the beach was A+, looked like live action aside from its eyes feeling weird) but nothing was truly bad.

9 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Honestly not much to critique. Most of my complaints would be audio related. Some of the SFX just didn’t seem to line up well and the music to me just didn’t really fit the cut that well. Like it felt as if it should have built a lot more than it did.

In general the pacing was a bit slow but I guess that was the point? Just kinda had nothing happening and then everything happening, would have liked to see things maybe building more tension. Like I loved the mist crawling up through the house, give me more of that tension building the whole time to get the creepy atmosphere going.

Being picky there were a couple of shots that weren’t super blended. The phone dangling felt like it didn’t belong in the atmosphere for some reason to me and a few shots of the mist felt like it wasn’t clinging to surfaces as I’d expect.

Overall though, very well done. Some scenes obviously looked better than others (the fish on the beach was A+, looked like live action aside from its eyes feeling weird) but nothing was truly bad.

5/6 TPE