BUST OR LICK - S73 DRAFT EDITION

gorlab

4 hours ago, Andre LeBastard said:

Glad you put the cowardly disclaimer at the start, otherwise I might have told you I got something you can lick.

In all seriousness, it looks like you know jack shit about most of the players you write about. I can't see any relevance, benefit or need for this piece.  Further, you clearly have no understanding of the term 'satire', this is not a satirical piece, in any way shape of form. So you can't claim satire, which to me leaves a poorly executed, self serving TPE grab, based on insulting people you know nothing about.

FYI

The Oxford English Dictionary defines satire thus:

a. A poem or (in later use) a novel, film, or other work of art which uses humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize prevailing immorality or foolishness, esp. as a form of social or political commentary. Frequently with on, of, against.

Originally distinguished from lampoon in being directed at a fault rather than at a person who has that fault, though there is now considerable overlap between the two terms.

Dude, I'm a shit writer, but at least some of my stuff can conjure a smile from time to time, this shit is just grim. 

Therefore, I an awarding you a never before awarded 1.0/10 for this piece of puerile journalism. 

It's not even funny. Fuck you.

Total bust post

4 hours ago, Andre LeBastard said:

Glad you put the cowardly disclaimer at the start, otherwise I might have told you I got something you can lick.

In all seriousness, it looks like you know jack shit about most of the players you write about. I can't see any relevance, benefit or need for this piece.  Further, you clearly have no understanding of the term 'satire', this is not a satirical piece, in any way shape of form. So you can't claim satire, which to me leaves a poorly executed, self serving TPE grab, based on insulting people you know nothing about.

FYI

The Oxford English Dictionary defines satire thus:

a. A poem or (in later use) a novel, film, or other work of art which uses humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize prevailing immorality or foolishness, esp. as a form of social or political commentary. Frequently with on, of, against.

Originally distinguished from lampoon in being directed at a fault rather than at a person who has that fault, though there is now considerable overlap between the two terms.

Dude, I'm a shit writer, but at least some of my stuff can conjure a smile from time to time, this shit is just grim. 

Therefore, I an awarding you a never before awarded 1.0/10 for this piece of puerile journalism. 

It's not even funny. Fuck you.

Total bust post

• 3 months later...
On 7/17/2020 at 7:30 AM, gorlab said:

This thread will be a bittersweet celebration of the life of the VHL institution known as "BUST OR LICK". It is with a heavy heart, much soul-searching, and great sadness that I must announce the retirement of the series.

??????????