Town of Salem #8

Gustav

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'm not saying there isn't a point where you have to be involved, obviously. I just think it's not just focused on targeting inactivity but also targeting mistakes. Mike was legit the transporter. This is despite missing his night action claim (a mistake) and then he did not log into the death Discord for like a day until after he died and barely gave town any info off the bat, even called us out for stupid play. None of that is ideal play, based on the strategies we have been employing information like that would be treated as suspect here. Yet Mike was still legit town. To me it seems more likely we have incompetent town (myself included in that, obviously) than that every red flag of activity is suspicious enough to warrant our immediate focus. 

That's correct. I think it was last game or the game before, Dok was legit Invest and more or less confirmed (at least to me since he had my results correct), and then over the next two days he forgot to submit an action then checked someone who was already confirmed. He got lynched for it despite being semi-confirmed because it was super susp. Town has to push on mistakes and contradictions as they arise, but not every mistake is an admission of guilt, and if you don't have anything concrete to push with, sometimes you have to use your intuition.

Pushing Berocka now is a good call; going through with the lynch depends on how he responds.

1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

there's no reason to lynch you tonight. If OD is actually a retri we can easily confirm if you are truly medium or not. 

depending on how ferk tracks OMG, he could slide into the Any role though, so let's not jump to that conclusion quite yet

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

depending on how ferk tracks OMG, he could slide into the Any role though, so let's not jump to that conclusion quite yet

l meant if Mike gets revived he can easily tell us if he was talking to devise or not

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

So....this is the real stupid play here, right? Like, it's unfortunate that Gus started up the game early, but he gave us warning on it.

In addition, you said that Mike tapped out of the game. If that's the case, how has he been commenting on dumb town play if he hasn't been involved. If he really read all those pages of information yesterday, most of which began in the morning, and had these extravagant thoughts regarding how town has been playing, you would have a lot more than a handful of messages from him to share.

I did list his one comment about dumb town play yesterday, to the effect of "town is being stupid again." All he said to say today on the subject other than what I listed about Eagles fooling us was that let me grab the quote to make it easier.

MikeSzatToday at 1:46 PM

lol at everyone trusting Eagles is what it is

i don't have much other info tho town is being too dumb though ya'll bout to have a rough night one of these nights at this rate

Going to sleep, tommorow not gonna be active, if I survive the night, hopefully gonna see what I need to do tommorow. Gonna keep my vote on Beavis and it will not be changed. ?

Ok just as a reminder because it might turn into this...

In TT if we kill all mafia before killing the TT we only have a few days to find him or easy win. I have seen some Mafia deliberately bus themselves in order to confirm their TT.

Just want to be clear we need to be careful to not get ride of all Mafia before we find the TT.

2 minutes ago, osens said:

Going to sleep, tommorow not gonna be active, if I survive the night, hopefully gonna see what I need to do tommorow. Gonna keep my vote on Beavis and it will not be changed. ?

I'm always down for a Beaviss vote

Just now, rjfryman said:

In TT if we kill all mafia before killing the TT we only have a few days to find him or easy win. I have seen some Mafia deliberately bus themselves in order to confirm their TT.

Just want to be clear we need to be careful to not get ride of all Mafia before we find the TT.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, rjfryman said:

good point I was not aware of that, we would get a 3 day countdown to find the TT

Low key if we figure out whoever the last maf is we could just keep jailing and not executing them lol

Also the real reason they don't wanna lynch me has nothing to do with getting a confirmation later. They know the moment ol Gus steps up and loads my gif confirming my Medium status that the target will be specifically placed on one of their wrong asses. Because the details will be in the will homies. Meanwhile Berocka is a silent victim, he aint going to say shit and nobody trusts I'm the Medium anyways so they want it that way. 

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Also the real reason they don't wanna lynch me has nothing to do with getting a confirmation later. They know the moment ol Gus steps up and loads my gif confirming my Medium status that the target will be specifically placed on one of their wrong asses. Because the details will be in the will homies. Meanwhile Berocka is a silent victim, he aint going to say shit and nobody trusts I'm the Medium anyways so they want it that way. 

Gustav doesn't confirm anything about the medium. If Mike gets revived he just tells us if there was a medium talking to him or not which would be you.

The real reason I don't want to lynch you today is because even though I have a "hunch" that you are mafia, I am letting the logic of the game determine my decisions rather than my hunches. 

Idek what you're rambling about anymore. Voting for Berocka is not saying "we should lynch him", it's "hey you haven't said much in 4 days and you're one of the few who hasn't claimed. Can you please claim?"

Just now, eaglesfan036 said:

Gustav doesn't confirm anything about the medium. If Mike gets revived he just tells us if there was a medium talking to him or not which would be you.

The real reason I don't want to lynch you today is because even though I have a "hunch" that you are mafia, I am letting the logic of the game determine my decisions rather than my hunches. 

I meant if I was lynched it would confirm my medium status. 

2 minutes ago, Devise said:

There's 2 TS spots. Transporter was one, Medium or Retri is the other based on current claims. Retri revives Mike and gets confirmed, then Mike says "hey Devise is Medium" and you're also confirmed as one of the random town spots. If retri doesn't revive, he gets lynched tomorrow and you become soft confirmed because no one else has tried to claim the 2nd TS spot at that point.

Ok, and I'd sleep perfectly fine at night knowing that two out of three TS are confirmed. If OD revives Mike tonight, then we have problems with the extra TP and TI. It's just a process of trying to eliminate, we're never going to have a perfect game by only hitting mafia and TT.

There's also very much a possibility that the TT is playing straight, so even a confirmed role could be the traitor in hiding. Jailor was not in the role list, so with Vet being confirmed it fills one of the random town spots as well. That said, the Town Traitor spot is an effective 4th random town as the TT could also be one of the other confirmed slots (TI, TP, TS, TK).

17 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

There's also very much a possibility that the TT is playing straight, so even a confirmed role could be the traitor in hiding. Jailor was not in the role list, so with Vet being confirmed it fills one of the random town spots as well. That said, the Town Traitor spot is an effective 4th random town as the TT could also be one of the other confirmed slots (TI, TP, TS, TK).

That is my fear mostly. I foresee a straight playing TT using the information network to try to get all the town spots as sorted as possible before a more surgical attack and dismantling. I think maf is playing slow because of that.

I get it seems I'm rambling nonsense and that's fine I'll accept the role of town conspiracy theorist, but I'm willing to hard play my hunch for now until I see more evidence.

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

That is my fear mostly. I foresee a straight playing TT using the information network to try to get all the town spots as sorted as possible before a more surgical attack and dismantling. I think maf is playing slow because of that.

I get it seems I'm rambling nonsense and that's fine I'll accept the role of town conspiracy theorist, but I'm willing to hard play my hunch for now until I see more evidence.

That is a perfectly valid thought, but considering that we have 3 evils and 1 town dead, clearly what we're doing is working for now. Once we whittle down mafia a bit, I can just keep jailing the last mafia member and not executing until TT is found. Even if town folks die, that's fine, we'll have more information to work with since you're medium.

Hey guys. Your thoughts of me being the TT is valid and I understand if it'll come down to a lynch in the future. But I don't think we're at that point yet.

@Spartan could you share the plan for tonight? Z16 claims Berocka is innocent, so this lynch will decide my action.