Kevin Malone - Most Likely Teams to Select him in S74 Draft

eaglesfan036

Someone Draft Me Please

Malone currently sits at 226 tpe (once this update comes in), putting him towards the bottom of the 2nd round if you solely based on tpe rankings. For all GMs who might be reading this, know that I am somewhat lessening my tpe earning right now because I am planning on staying down in the VHLM at the 250 tpe cutoff. Once we get past the cutoff date I plan on writing rookie profile, biography, and donating and all that fun stuff. Back to the point, goalie is not like other positions in that you either need one or you don't, unlike other positions where you could always add a 7th forward or a 5th defensemen or whatever. Below I will look at each team's goalie situation and overall roster situation to see if I would be a draft pick fit.

• Calgary Wranglers - Lafontaine is clearly their franchise goaltender and as a S70 draftee he still has a long career ahead of him, so barring any unforeseen trades I don't see this being a fit
  • Chicago Fire - They just drafted Jeane Pierre Camus, and I know Solas is a stud so they clearly have their franchise goalie. I am most likely not a fit there
  • DC Dragons - Wolski is a franchise goalie and as a S71 draftee also has a long career ahead of him, so likely not a fit. Looks like a running theme so far here
  • HC Davos Dynamo - The first team that could potentially make sense for Mr. Malone. They currently have two young goalies in Bruden (S71) and Poremba (S72) that are both welfare queens who don't seem to post much and aren't exactly killing it in the tpe department. Bruden at 460 tpa is okay ish, but I have my doubts either of these guys could turn into a franchise goalie. Davos could draft Malone with the plan of starting Bruden (or some other goalie) for a year or 2, before transitioning over to Malone. On a personal level, Gustav is one of my favorite members on here, so I would definitely be down with this fit.
  • Helsinki Titans - They currently have 4 goalies on the roster, with Zamboni Driver seeming to lead the way. It would be a bold move for them to draft a 5th goalie, perhaps a big brain move in the works?
  • London United - One of Malone's most likely destinations. They have no starting caliber goalie currently, and their goalie of the future (Friedriksen) nearly has as much tpe as me despite being a S72 draftee. I personally wouldn't have much confidence in him as my franchise goalie, and I think Malone could be a smart choice for London to hedge their bets. However, based on his previous draft rankings @McWolf probably thinks I am a 5th round pick
  • LA Stars - Despite being drafted a year ahead of me, their top goalie prospect (Minott) already has less tpe than me. If LA does not have faith in him as their franchise goaltender then Malone could certainly become their man
  • Malmo Nighthawks - They just drafted GyrFalcon and he is a clear franchise goaltender, so this relationship is doubtful
  • Moscow Menace - With Bernard retiring in a few seasons Malone could become Moscow's next Bernard, in the sense that he develops behind a supremely talented starter before taking over the reigns upon retirement. My love for Moscow is well known, so this could definitely be a possibility pending what Victor's next player is
  • New York Americans - Not happening I hate New York and would retire
  • Prague Phantoms - This depends if they believe in S71 draft pick Woody McPine. While he is consistently earning tpe every week, he isn't what you could call a tpe whore. You could do worse, but perhaps they select Malone to hedge their bets. Diamond Ace is another GM known to have strong ties to my agency
  • Riga Reign - Greg Eagles (S67) is going to end his reign and retire soon, and with no goalie prospects there is an opening for Malone to be Riga's goalie of the future
  • Seattle Bears - Jacom Tom appears ready to take over when Funk retires, so they are all set here and have no current need for Malone
  • Toronto Legion - Hextall isn't retiring any time soon, so this arrangement is not super likely
  • Vancouver Wolves - As a S69 goalie, Spyro will be retiring in 2 seasons, which could give Malone the time to develop into a starting caliber goalie. This could make sense if Malone is agreeable to join Vancouver and sit for a few seasons. 
  • Warsaw Predators - They just drafted Krishna and he appears to be a franchise goalie so there isn't a huge need here unless they lose faith in him for some reason

Overall, I am encouraged that there actually is a need for goalies as I feared this would not be the case. There are 7 teams that I could see having a logical argument to draft me, and even with Helsinki having a few potential extra goalies plus Dimmadone being ahead of me in the goalie rankings, I am confident I can find a home somewhere and be a starter within a few seasons. 

Goalies don't need to move much IF THEY'RE FAT - Kevin Malone (the office)  | Meme Generator

Edited by chatfan036

McPine is the guy. You know I'd have taken you if I considered Prague to be in need of a goalie, but I'm all in on McPine. He'll never get to Wahl levels of TPE, but he's not all that far from a JB Rift in his prime, so as long as I give him enough money to buy dep fighters and he can stay at Rift level once he gets there, he'll be fine. Definitely ahead of Crawford already

Nice article, maybe add an image to go along with it? Good grammar with from what I see, no spelling errors. I like how you listed every team that could potentially pick you and every team that likely wont pick you. I hope you have a good time in the VHL and I look forward to scoring on you in the minors this season. 9/10

2 hours ago, NickSunderbruch said:

Nice article, maybe add an image to go along with it? Good grammar with from what I see, no spelling errors. I like how you listed every team that could potentially pick you and every team that likely wont pick you. I hope you have a good time in the VHL and I look forward to scoring on you in the minors this season. 9/10

I did have an image at the bottom

22 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

McPine is the guy. You know I'd have taken you if I considered Prague to be in need of a goalie, but I'm all in on McPine. He'll never get to Wahl levels of TPE, but he's not all that far from a JB Rift in his prime, so as long as I give him enough money to buy dep fighters and he can stay at Rift level once he gets there, he'll be fine. Definitely ahead of Crawford already

Thats fair you know more about him then I do, all I did was take a quick glance at his tpe earning. Maybe we will get into a goalie duel in the playoffs at some point

• 2 months later...