Being Drafted in a Lower Spot than you Expected

Plate

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that I fell in the S74 Entry Draft. Thank you New York for selecting me 7th overall.

It can be tough. You put in the work through your VHLM career only to come short of the VHL draft. My player, in the S73 VHLM draft, was right there with you. I thought for sure I would be drafted in the second round. Then the picks kept rolling. Schauer still wasn't showing up on the board. It wasn't until the third round that Houston saw their chance and selected my player. Mind you, it was the first 3rd round selection, but to go from somewhere in the high-mid second round and fall that far? It was a cutting blow. Maybe people didn't want to take a chance because of my past. Maybe I talked to too many teams before the draft. 

Here's the thing. It's better for your player to be picked as a steal rather than a bust. The lower the pick is, the better chance you have of being the steal of the round, or even the draft. The 1st overall pick can never be a steal (Sorry Reno, I love you) because it's the first pick of the entire draft. The only place you have to go at the top is below you. Every draft there are members that might feel disappointed with where their player ended up. Often these members don't say anything. 

I hear you loud and clear. 

I think it's important to talk about your grievances. If you feel like you got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY in the draft you can leave a message in the thread letting us know how you feel. Or, if you think it's too early, send me a message on the forums. My discord is also open, which I will share at the end of this post. Don't worry, I won't be telling your GM that you don't like who you're playing for, that isn't the point. I think it's important to get stuff off your chest so you can move on and have a better time in the VHL.

Plate#4731