Press Conference for ANYONE

During the off-season, Thadius Sales enjoys asking questions of fellow VHL/M players. It's one of the only things in this dark dark world that brings him any amount of joy, other than selling paper and playing hockey of course.

1. What are your player's plans during this off-season?

2. Halloween was just a few days ago, did your player dress up and go trick-or-treating? Did they eat any candy?

3. After a long, hard fought season, a player can often forget about mental health. What are you (or your player) doing to maintain sanity?

4. If your player needed to take on a part-time job during the off-season, what would it be?

5. Are there any changes you'd like to see happen for S75?

6. As professional hockey players, we know that a well-balanced diet is important. One of the most important pieces of that diet is protein. What's your favorite cut of steak, and how do you like it done (raw --- well-done, in between)?

Edited by thadthrasher

1. What are you player's plans during this off-season?

Apparently I am going to be too good for the VHLM soon so I am working on retirement plans and trying to not get too good.

2. Halloween was just a few days ago, did your player dress up and go trick-or-treating? Did they eat any candy?

I dressed up Thadius Sales. I was going to steal candy to make children cry but they already started crying when they saw my costume.

3. After a long, hard fought season, a player can often forget about mental health. What are you (or your player) doing to maintain sanity?

Sanity is evil. Crazy is what wins games.

4. If you player needed to take on a part-time job during the off-season, what would it be?

I have already been offered job on TV quiz show so I don't need part-time job, I can just do that.

I would like to win more.

6. As professional hockey players, we know that a well-balanced diet is important. One of the most important pieces of that diet is protein. What's your favorite cut of steak, and how do you like it done (raw --- well-done, in between)?

I don't like steak.

2 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

During the off-season, Thadius Sales enjoys asking questions of fellow VHL/M players. It's one of the only things in this dark dark world that brings him any amount of joy, other than selling paper and playing hockey of course.

4. If your player needed to take on a part-time job during the off-season, what would it be?

1. Eating and watching breaking bad
2.I was a gorilla...obviously, no trick or treating tho you know corona and all but I did indeed eat some candy.
3.Honestly working out is how I get to relax from everything so that keeps my sanity up.
4. Part-time huh...probably a zoo keeper.
5. I'd like the sim god's to give me luck lol.
6.  If I eat steak I like it medium rare and well done is aight too. I am more of a light vegetarian since I like to snack on veggies and fruits and usually eat dishes with not too much amounts of meat in them.

It's a busy offseason. I'm going to be trying to earn as much TPE as I can to maximize my draft potential. I'm also playing in the Offseason Player's Tourament that Laine and Zetterberg are hosting. AND I am throwing my name in the hat for GM roles in that tournament as well as the World Cup so yeah, I got lots on the go.

Yes Scotty Kaberle dressed up as Scotty Campbell, is childhood hero. :D No candy though, gotta get them gains in the offseason

Scotty Kaberle is trying not to be complacent. I think that's why I have such a busy offseason. I don't want to get lazy.

Scotty is a real rink rat, he would probably be helping out at a hockey skills camp for kids!

As a newcomer, I think it's best that I just take in the league as it is and then maybe in a season or two once I know how everything fully works I can offer up some critiques. But if i had to choose one thing, I'd like the score bot to be back in team Discords for next season for sure. Or at least a bot that tells us when the games have been simmed so we know. 

Great question!! In real life I am a cook and I work the grill at my restaurant so I cook a TON of steak :) My goto is a New York Strip Med-Rare with a little garlic butter and Montreal steak spice. 

19 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

Great question!! In real life I am a cook and I work the grill at my restaurant so I cook a TON of steak :) My goto is a New York Strip Med-Rare with a little garlic butter and Montreal steak spice. 

This literally sounds amazing. I'm about to pick up a 1/4 of a cow, including some nice steak cuts. I can't wait to try different ways of cooking the meat. How do you prefer to cook your NYS? Grill? Cast iron on the stove? Broiled?

at my work we literally just do them straight on the grill.. but if you wanna go a little further, sear both sides of the steak off in a pan first and feel free to throw in some seasoning while you do it, then quickly toss it on a grill for your grill marks. Searing the steak first helps keep all the juices and flavour locked into the meat :) Hope you enjoy your tasty steaks! @thadthrasher

Edited by fromtheinside

1 minute ago, fromtheinside said:

at my work we literally just do them straight on the grill.. but if you wanna go a little further, sear both sides of the steak off in a pan first and feel free to throw in some seasoning while you do it, then quickly toss it on a grill for your grill marks. Searing the steak first helps keep all the juices and flavour locked into the meat :) Hope you enjoy your tasty steaks! @thadthrasher

Sweeet! I usually sear them in hot oil in my cast iron. Then I add in some butter, garlic, thyme, and some salt and pepper and baste the steak. It usually turns out incredibly juicy and tasty! My wife doesn't like to eat steak too often, but she loves how I cook it!

Keep grinding trying to be good at hockey!

Heck yeah! As a sexy elf! And yes, of course, got to love the candy at this time!

Being able to have alone, relaxing time is key!

Lexi is a part time model in the off-seasons

None come to mind other than something favoring Warsaw to win next season!

New York Strip, Medium, Yum!

On 11/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, thadthrasher said:

1. My player's plan is to increase my passing skills and also my defense

2. Yes, my player dressed up as Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher

3. Playing golf, like many hockey players during off-season

4. Firefighter, my player like to stay in shape and help people

5. A team in Montreal for sure!

6. mhm, Not much of a steak fan, I prefer chicken by far.

- Plan is to get to know as much people as I can. Wanna get more involved in this scene cause im loving it so far

- I didnt as I was hospitalized, i slipped in the shower and broke my tailbone. Painful asf, if u needed to know and was laying on my stomach for almost a week. I had a nice hazelnut bar though

- I do origamis. Might sound silly but its a great way to calm down and maintain your sanity whilst this lockdown

- Washing dishes for sure. Easy, nonstop washing the dirty dishes and glasses and every other kitchen fear for hours straight is a way to make a living while doing something that gets you appreciated for doing

- Im so unaware of everything so I dont even know whats going on. Change is welcome though 

- I dont eat red meat so I eat fish instead. From fatty ones I like my salmon medium to medium plus depending on its cut and from a much leaner fish I like cod. Its Lean and tasty

On 11/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, thadthrasher said:

1. Getting more TPE

2. No trick-or-treating, still ate candy though

3. Sleeping more, I slept for 5 hours on the 10th

4. McDonald's, it would be fun.

5. No, not really

6. In between.

1. To climb a mountain of cocaine, then see how long it takes to come back down.

2. Oh, he ate candy alright. You're not a cop are you? You have to tell me if you are.

3. Why do you keep asking about cocaine?

4. He'd be a mall Santa. Or an actor at a medical school.

5. Calgary winning more games.

6. New York strip, blue. Little bit of sea salt on top.

I was recently drafted by the San Diego Marlins, so from this point on, there is no off-season. It's into the grind of training and preparation for my very first VHLM season and I'm eager to start my long journey to the VHL.

Of course I went trick or treating. Coming from Norway it's not a big deal, but my god it's massive here in the United States. No wonder there are obese fatties everywhere, along with dentists on every corner. I dressed up as Ragnar Lothbroek from "Vikings" and carried a real battle axe. At least I avoided diabetes by not accepting Dollar Store candy from weird strangers.

Yes, I agree. Mental Health is incredibly important, even for professional athletes. I survived the offseason blues by gaming, working out and making sure to catch up with friends and family as much as possible.

I think I would be suited to working security at a club, or maybe even driving an Uber. I'm not familiar with San Diego's streets yet, so that may be an adventure for anyone unlucky enough for me to show up as their driver.

I have only just joined, so decisions that benefit the league and it's players are something that I will leave up to the commissioners and veteran players. At least until I've been here long enough to have deserved an opinion.

I don't actually eat beef, but I do enjoy a medium-well caribou tomahawk cut. Reindeer is nice as well, but I always think of Santa if I eat that. 

tomahawk700px.jpg?12164225945669833657

Thank you for the questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting ready for training camp after being drafted to the VHL

I was the Child, from The Mandolorian 

Weekly Counseling

Hockey Camp Instructor

MORE VHLM TEAMS

Medium Well

On 11/2/2020 at 5:16 PM, thadthrasher said:

1. To git gud

2. Nope

3. Play more hockey

4. Dishwasher

5. Nope, all good

6. Rare meat

• 2 weeks later...

1. Train, spend time with family

2. That's a huge no-no for professional hockey players, come on

3. I guess just keeping busy and giving myself other stuff to do other than hockey

4. A scout for a team? I can't stay away from the game for long

5. I don't think so

6. I'm a vegetarian and proud of it

On 11/2/2020 at 9:16 AM, thadthrasher said:

Hoping I can join a team and see what the VHL is all about

This past Halloween I dressed up as the Mandalorian. Dressed the dog up as baby Yoda too!

I find it best to spend time with my family after the conclusion of any season

I would love to work at Chick-fil-A. Their food is so good

I wouldn’t really know at this point. Don’t have any experience here

6. As professional hockey players, we know that a well-balanced diet is important. One of the most important pieces of that diet is protein. What's your favorite cut of steak, and how do you like it done (raw --- well-done, in between)? Definitely a nice ribeye cooked medium. So good

• 2 weeks later...

1. Workout and get stronger for the season

2. No I was to busy training for the season!!!

3. Spending time with family and friends helps be stay good mentally. But also training as hard as i can.

4. Personal Trainer for sure.

5. Dont have much time on here so not sure.

6. A nice new york. Rare. Always rare.

1. Q: What are your player's plans during this  
off-season?

A: Hoping to prep even but a small bit towards this upcoming season.

2. Q: Halloween was just a few days ago, did your player dress up and go trick-or-treating? Did they eat any candy?

A: Do to a darned COVID case in the family, the Craig family didn’t do much this holiday.

3. Q: After a long, hard fought season, a player can often forget about mental health. What are you (or your player) doing to maintain sanity?

A: Sanity is kept during any day with a little pew pewing at people in Verdansk now a days.

4. Q: If your player needed to take on a part-time job during the off-season, what would it be?

A: A plumber. When the going gets tough, shit must still flow downhill.

5. Q: Are there any changes you'd like to see happen for S75?

A: A season has yet to go by for Craig but hoping to see good things this upcoming season.

6. Q: As professional hockey players, we know that a well-balanced diet is important. One of the most important pieces of that diet is protein. What's your favorite cut of steak, and how do you like it done (raw --- well-done, in between)?

A: The Craig family as a whole was brought up in a more, carnivorous, house. Steak is to be ate medium rare, plain. Any cut will do.