Nicholas Sunderbruch top rookie?

NickSunderbruch

Last week I wrote an article where I may or may not have been a little mean to the mods, and also said I was a little let down by the stats that Nicholas was putting up. However in a week many things can change, I now want the mods to like me, and Sunderbruch is tied with @Rhynex Entertainmentfor first place on the rookie leaderboards in points. I want to say before we begin with this article today, that stats change DAILY, and the title of rookie of the year could go to essentially anyone, however the trends do show some big names toward the top. 

The top five in the rookie category this season has some faces I'm very familiar with, in order on the portal it goes like this

1. Nicholas Sunderbruch: 17 gp, 21 points

2. Rhynex Entertainment: 17 gp, 21 points

3Kasper Kakkunen: 16 gp, 17 points

4. Leo Strauss: 17 gp, 15 points

5. Gary Rush: 17 gp, 15 points

If any of you remember these names I wouldn't be surprised, as these four of these players played for the Vegas Aces last season, and two of them play for the Toronto Legion this season. Nicholas has made a name for himself amongst the fans in Toronto for his spectacular goals, he moves the puck in ways that defenders and goalies alike can't understand. And his stats so far really show that. In Toronto he's even been dubbed with the nickname, "The Florida Man" as he's known for going for crazy plays, like using the boards to pass to himself or his linemates for some pretty spectacular goals. I wouldn't say that Nicholas is the most talented rookie in the league though, as some of the other on this list are competing for minutes with players that have been in the big leagues longer, And in an interview with the young Legion player, this is what he had to say:

Interviewer: So with your numbers being as good as they are this season, do you think you could be bringing home some hardware this year?

Nicholas: I mean I definitely could, but that all depends, Rhynex is probably my biggest rival this year, but he's also someone I consider a close friend. So I think it's anyones game this year.

Interviewer: Do you think that maybe the reason your numbers are so high is because of Peace's decision to split up icetime evenly for all the players?

Nicholas: Oh absolutely, there have been times where I wouldn't have scored a goal, or gotten that apple without having those extended shifts or extra shifts.

Interviewer: Thank you so much for your time, glad to hear from you

Nicholas: No problem, just make sure to interview more people from time to time, I mean it's as simple as reaching out to other people on the forums or on discord for an interview, I mean these articles are just essentially you talking about yourse... Mic Cuts Off

Now that we've gotten the meta jokes for the article out of the way, we can start looking at some of the other players that are doing a great job this season, first I want to look at Rhynex's stats, and we'll go over the top five list briefly as to not pad the article anymore than I already am. Rhynex Entertainment has put up 7 goals, and 14 assists for his 21 points this season with a -2 overall in +/-. Next we have Kasper Kankkunen, he's put up 7 goals and 10 assists for a total of 17 points with a +/- of +10, which makes him a serious contender for ROTY. Next we have Leo Strauss, a locker room favorite in Toronto, he's put up 8 goals and 7 assists for a total of 15 points this season and a +/- of 0. And finally we have Gary Rush, who's raked in a solid 8 goals and 7 assists for a total of 15 points, and a +/- of -4. 

I'm not sure if Nicholas will be able to take the final step and make ROTY, but he's absolutely a contender for the award, but there's so much talent that graced the VHL this year. But to put the icing on the cake, Nicholas was a late second round pick, picked at around 35th overall, and he was expected to go in the early 3rd round, Nicholas has absolutely been one of the biggest steals of the season 74 draft class. Anyways that's going to do it for this weeks long article, be on the lookout for my next VHL.com article where I make jokes and fart for everyones attention and laughter. Anyways I'm gonna go back to drinking a ton of eggnogg and getting drunk off my ass. Thank you all for the time, and stay icey, Seacrest out. 

Edited by NickSunderbruch

Good read, I think ultimately this is Rhynex's trophy to lose right now with where he has New York playing right now but that could change easily. Sunderbruch has more upside long term in my opinion. Toronto I believe is heading towards a big run as a unit. They've got strong stuff and were good last season even. For ROTY I think Rhynex is the current frontrunner because he's so much more focused on as the point leader whereas Sunderbruch has some high level performances around him as well. If you asked me who gets closer to a cup though, Sunderbruch is on a scary Toronto roster this season that'll be even better in the postseason. Solid 9/10 on the article, could've used some graphics or colors though.

Edited by IamMOOSE

Obviously you’re a unit, definitely making big plays this year! Toronto got a good one. Will support the VHL team even though it isn’t quite the TML but close enough right. I think some great points were made and I definitely think your top 5 list is on point. 10/10 article. Love to see the LVA boys doing good in the VHL 🔥

As a Toronto Prospect, I gotta give it to my guy Sundy. He's been playing great till this point of the season and I think it will be a very close race to the finish line for the Top Rookie Award. The media spot itself was a great read with a lot of stats and good points. I'm excited to see what happens at the end of the season! 10/10