The Positional Conundrum

diamond_ace

*NOTE: I don't need the TPE from this, so won't be claiming it, therefore it doesn't need to hit any sort of word requirement. It probably will anyway. Just want to get the hype train rolling for my next guy, since some of our members will definitely know the reference.*

What do you do when you're a successful game developer, having worked with a team on several large and successful projects? If you're Tynan Sylvester, you quit and start your own game development company, and create your own game. When that game also does well, and becomes one of the best so-called "indie" games in recent memory, and you have nothing at all left to prove? You quit and start a hockey career, apparently. Sylvester has decided Ludeon Studios will do just fine with him at the helm in name only, while he steps away from the games and takes to the ice.

There are a few things he has to decide, of course; what position to be, whether to sign for a VHLM team early or simply wait for the draft, and what type of skills to practice given he won't have time to work on all of them. Imagine Tynan the player as one of his characters: he has 0 in every skill, but double fire passion in everything. Whatever he puts the work into, that's where the development will occur.

@.sniffuM @a_Ferk @dasboot

2 minutes ago, Tate said:

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Yeah I'm not sure entirely what I want to do this time. Generally enjoy defense the most, but Prague won't need defense at the time. Center will be the biggest need, although Havlova is currently a center so it's a bit too much the same back to back. Although should I even concern myself with making a guy to Prague needs when GM players are now just in the draft with everyone? Also I very much doubt I'll sign with a vhlm team until actually drafted, unless I just pick last place to give them another guy to bounce questions off of or so.

21 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Yeah I'm not sure entirely what I want to do this time. Generally enjoy defense the most, but Prague won't need defense at the time. Center will be the biggest need, although Havlova is currently a center so it's a bit too much the same back to back. Although should I even concern myself with making a guy to Prague needs when GM players are now just in the draft with everyone? Also I very much doubt I'll sign with a vhlm team until actually drafted, unless I just pick last place to give them another guy to bounce questions off of or so.

Pros of joining a VHLM Team now:

- Join a team just to kick around their LR and  get to know the new kids

- A great way to find gem draft picks for Prague

- Gives you something to do now that you are out of the playoffs

Blade's Rules for being a happy player:

- Never Create for your team (or a team in general) People move and things change, do what will make you as a person happy.

- Give yourself a name you will love, I like to make sure mine are punny lol

- Surround yourself with people that make you happy

DA I know you are a VHLM Commissioner but do try to have some fun and shake things up.  You never know what the future will bring but I wish you the best of luck on your newest player and may Simon bless them with the dangles; whatever position they end up in  :)

6 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Pros of joining a VHLM Team now:

- Join a team just to kick around their LR and  get to know the new kids

- A great way to find gem draft picks for Prague

- Gives you something to do now that you are out of the playoffs

Blade's Rules for being a happy player:

- Never Create for your team (or a team in general) People move and things change, do what will make you as a person happy.

- Give yourself a name you will love, I like to make sure mine are punny lol

- Surround yourself with people that make you happy

DA I know you are a VHLM Commissioner but do try to have some fun and shake things up.  You never know what the future will bring but I wish you the best of luck on your newest player and may Simon bless them with the dangles; whatever position they end up in  :)

Well now is definitely not happening, I have at least the first 2/3 of the upcoming season left. Havlova's not even retired. Just debating whether to go deadline and sign, deadline and sit, or not retire at all until the end of the season.

Player name was in the OP, it's Tynan Sylvester. He's the guy who made Rimworld (which is why I tagged Muff, Ferk, and Boot).

3 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Well now is definitely not happening, I have at least the first 2/3 of the upcoming season left. Havlova's not even retired. Just debating whether to go deadline and sign, deadline and sit, or not retire at all until the end of the season.

Player name was in the OP, it's Tynan Sylvester. He's the guy who made Rimworld (which is why I tagged Muff, Ferk, and Boot).

I know when you made your last player  you didn't want to choose a vhlm team  but maybe you could put your offers in a randomizer and cast it for a PT and then  you could go at the deadline and  not feel like you were picking favs. Although I said  it before when i was reapers GM that i really think you should just join and do whatever you want without worrying about it, literally every other admin is able to just have fun and you should too.

When I was writing my 'advice it was meant to be anecdotal, although ngl i did miss the name you are thinking of at this point (because i tend to skim read things, that is my bad ) lol but also you could change your name at any point , although knowing you it is probably set in stone.

again all my best wishes, as you make your decisions over the next season. It will be exciting to see when you create :)